It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people don't predict a peacefull era?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

The author of this topic wonders why there is no good news about the future. The verse indicates there is good news of a peaceful future. Seems like it's on topic to me.

I dont believe you're correct. I believe the original poster asked why PEOPLE dont PREDICT peace. Which the only correct answer could be, is that they ARE poeple, they ARE human, and are susceptible to human imperfectness. You can spout off about bible verses all you'd like, but knowing that they exist and being able to discern that they ARE correct (I mean lets face it, the bible was also only written by men, you and 99% of all Christians believe wholeheartedly that it IS the word of God, however, it could just as easily be the drunken ravings of madmen now couldnt it? neither of us could prove it wasn't) are two entirely different things.

So please, I DO find it offensive that you find it incumbent on you to ONLY present bible verses when clearly you couldn't even ascertain that what is being purported by them was anything more than a hangover.

What do I say to you? nothing

This is counter-productive to a discussion board, isnt it? You should certainly have something to say.

What does God say to you?

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

and again in

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death

If God says something once we are to listen, if He says it twice we are to really listen.

Again, this is not why modern age man is not forseeing a bright and peaceful future, which, I believe, is the original posters question and concern.

The destruction of all life would mean that death won. Throughout all eternity the smell and sight of death would permeate the universe. Thank God that He won, and the future is a victory over death.

This is hardly relevant neither to the question, in my honest opinion, not to the barometer of the world as it stands today.

To the original poster, in a very short summary, my belief (as I have stated before in other threads) is, that when peace is equally as profitable and lucrative as war and destruction, then you can bet that people will predict and obtain peace! Until then, people will be the people that people always are...being people.
Even in that, people will be fighting fighting for WHOM and what nations can BE the most peaceful! I would think it's a vicious cycle...the human nature is to blame.

Perhaps Dbrandt, maybe when God does do all these wonderful things for you, and you're sitting on his right hand as his son, you could ask that, if he were so perfect, why would he willfully and purposefully create creatures in his image that he know would fail, only to have to scare them into gaining back his trust and his eternal light, when it clearly would have been more "perfect" to just do it right the first time? For clarity I dont mean that as a dig or a put down, I mean that in a scientific and logical sense that it just doesnt make any sense! Unless you're a sadist perhaps?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
To get back to the original question, here's why peace isn't likely:

1 Oil (lack of) and need for as a foundation for industrial society.

2 Water, Potable (lack of) in various parts of the world, and increasing lack thereof due to industrialisation.

water

3 desertification

oh dear

4 overpopulation

oh dear oh dear

5 massive environment degradation

oh dear oh dear oh dear

1-5 = people fighting over the scraps

I think when alien archeologists dig up our ruined planet they'll find the last human skeleton with bullet hole in his/her skull, clutching a bag of twinkies in one hand and an uzi the other.

We are so screwed

TD

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If you want predictions of a happy future you need to hang out with the new agers.

False, what they espouse to is, for lack of better word right now, a lie.

There is hope here on ATS from some.

You know, I hear "christians" degrade the New Age Movement as if it were the cause of all human suffering. What a bunch of garbage. Anti-New Agers are like anti-masonic individuals, they parade around with a bunch of "facts" that in no way reveals the truth about the movement. I suggest you stick with what you know,which is probably the bible. and let others stick with what they know.

If I seem a bit hostile,well,I am somewhat of a New Ager myself and I take offense when someone makes comments that are nothing more than a ploy to distract people from finding things out for themselves. I could be offensive and state that Muslims and "Christians" create more problems in the world than they are worth, but I do not necessarily believe that; although, there is ample proof to dictate that is indeed the truth.

I suggest you think about what you are posting ,dbrandt, before you degrade other people's beliefs.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I actually do predict a peaceful 'term' ... or extended amount of time.. not exceeding more than 3 years... or perhaps even 1 year.
There will be mass peace on earth.... and then all the spit will hit the fan...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I suggest you think about what you are posting ,dbrandt, before you degrade other people's beliefs.

At the top of this page in a post by someone, I was told I was wrong in what I believe. I was degraded, by their words. Yet I am confident in what I believe and realize that this is someone's else's opinion about what I said. And they are entitled to that and free to believe that if they choose too.

It seems people get very bent out of shape when the "L" word is used. The "L" word does exist. That is what was said about my beliefs without actually typing the 3 letter "L" word. I think that word bothers when the receiver is not 100% sure in what they believe in is true.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

At the top of this page in a post by someone, I was told I was wrong in what I believe. I was degraded, by their words. Yet I am confident in what I believe and realize that this is someone's else's opinion about what I said. And they are entitled to that and free to believe that if they choose too.

It seems people get very bent out of shape when the "L" word is used. The "L" word does exist. That is what was said about my beliefs without actually typing the 3 letter "L" word. I think that word bothers when the receiver is not 100% sure in what they believe in is true.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by dbrandt]

I did not see where anyone said your beliefs were a lie. He said that he didn't "believe" that you were "correct". That is not the same as saying that your beliefs are a lie,not at all.

I think that word bothers when the receiver is not 100% sure in what they believe in is true.

Can anyone be 100% sure of anything? The only thing that I am sure of is that there is a God. Of that I am sure of. I certainly do not make bombastic claims of knowing what God has planned for humanity. Unlike many religious people that I know.

I don't intend to argue with you.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I did not see where anyone said your beliefs were a lie. He said that he didn't "believe" that you were "correct". That is not the same as saying that your beliefs are a lie,not at all.

If someone doesn't believe what someone else is saying is the truth, then they think it is an untruth, or another word for that is a lie. Look it up in the dictionary, I just did.

df1

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

What do I say to you? nothing

Your involvement is established. You are selecting the verses & you are selecting when & where the verses are posted. With this evidence to the contrary, it seems outrageous that you expect us to believe that you have nothing to do with it. God did it.

The idea that Revelation is a terrifying prophecy of the future is a corrupt ideology which was born from the minds of men, not from God. Scaring people is of no benefit to God, it is only of benefit to men. Revelation is a clearly historical account misrepresented as prophecy by men, to scare and mislead others.

What does God say to you?

As I previously stated, "I have... Faith that I have no need to be afraid of my mortality and that when all is said and done in my life that everything will work out the way it should.". I will add that God says this to me with no preconditions.

victory over death.

To conquer death you only have to die. Everybody gives themselves back to God at death, it is not a choice.

Is God sending you the same message?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeSkywalker
Hi, my intro... Im from Argentina and i understand english but my writing its not very well. Im not a noob, just forget my nick and password (lol). Ok, my question is very simple. I read a lot of predictions from people, all are talking about "end of the world in 2012", meteors hiting the earth, tsunamis, nuclear wars, zombies... etc. right? But why nobody talks about a peacefull era, one year without wars, the start of a new era in the 2012 with new technologies helping people each others. My word to all are, what we want to our lifes? death or life? can we change the course of the world? Im waiting answers and ideas...

Peace.

Snake Skywalker.

Snake--

You propose some very good questions. I am going to surprise you by saying that the Prophets of my own Culture actually do, and have, predicted Peaceful Times as lying beyond the tribulations of the Now. My People call this time we are living in now,
"The 4th Shaking" and the current view of those of us still following the Old Traditions is that we are very near the end of that. The next will be the 5th Age, which will be an Age of Peace.

As to the 2012, we are talking the end of the current Great Age of Mayan Calandar, which, more specifically, will be on or about the Winter Solstice of 2012.

Neither I nor my People are "Doom Mongers". But, as someone else has stated, Human Nature--and especially the evolution of it--lends itself to such predictions. Personally, I pay little attention to the Doom-sayers regards Ending, and that is because our Beliefs do not include "Endings"--only a series of Cycles, which, when complete, begin again, and, hopefully in a progressed and positive way. In other words, they Grow.

"can we change the course of the World?"

Yes, but it will take hard work and Honest Sharing between Peoples, Open Minds, and the ability to to shed Religious and Racial biases. Difficult, but it can, and should, be done.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox

Neither I nor my People are "Doom Mongers". But, as someone else has stated, Human Nature--and especially the evolution of it--lends itself to such predictions. Personally, I pay little attention to the Doom-sayers regards Ending, and that is because our Beliefs do not include "Endings"--only a series of Cycles, which, when complete, begin again, and, hopefully in a progressed and positive way. In other words, they Grow.

"can we change the course of the World?"

Yes, but it will take hard work and Honest Sharing between Peoples, Open Minds, and the ability to to shed Religious and Racial biases. Difficult, but it can, and should, be done.

Actually Ed,

The Mayan Elders of old or the Maori Elders interpretation of the 13.0.0.0.0 age is a changing from one plane to another (loosely translated) much like what you describe as the 5th shaking or age of peace the Mayans call the Last Sun or the 5th Sun. Perhaps theirs is not su much an "Ending" as it is an "Ending of Age"...I suspect that the Ancient Mayans could not see man progressing past this point in our current form anyway, which could well explain their not having the need to continue the calendar. This is just speculation on my part though.

However, I'm certain they do not describe it as an end to all things.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As someone mentioned on this thread, the only way peace will reign in the world is when horrible things happen to everyone and there is no victors. And everyone gets shocked (literally) into peace mode. It is a scary thought that most people in the world could in fact die. But I really don't see anything else in the future for human beings when we use nonrenewable resources , countries are in competition, enormous amounts of people are being born, new weapons are being built, so on and so forth.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I will detail the exact problem with this 'peace'

We are in a stage where EVERYONE wants to be a leader
whether its leading their lifes, their way. Or Doing their job, their way. Or actually leading people towards whatever goal or ideology.

The problem stems from a world where everyone wants to lead and no one wants to follow.

Another way of putting this is.... Everyones a Pharoah and no ones a worker... thus no pyramids.
Or Everyones a President and no ones a citizen...

This is a huge problem, because those people in power have a detailed view of the world, from on-top of their Thrones.
In other words.... These people can't see the solution when they are the solution, for everyone...
A Leader Can't Make Other Leaders Until He Can Follow His Protoge and recycle the knowledge and learn From A Different Perspective.

A Leader sees people as followers and cannot think of them as leaders until he reliquishes his leadership. Otherwise fights insue.

Let it be known True Peace cannot be achieved with Leaders and Followers, Everyone must be a Leader... Followers are likened to slaves.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If someone doesn't believe what someone else is saying is the truth, then they think it is an untruth, or another word for that is a lie. Look it up in the dictionary, I just did.

It's not the same. When I say, "I don't believe," that isn't the same as stating that you and all of your ilk are lyers; it just means that I choose not to believe what you are saying. If someone says that you are lying that implies that they think you are intentionally misleading them. There's a big difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's not the same. When I say, "I don't believe," that isn't the same as stating that you and all of your ilk are lyers; it just means that I choose not to believe what you are saying.

So, I believe faith in Jesus alone brings salvation to a person and I say this to someone. They reply back to me, "I don't believe what you just said about Jesus",(now as they say those words back to me with their mouth, their brain is thinking, that is true about faith in Jesus, but I am choosing not to believe it).

So, are you saying, alot of times someone may know what someone else is saying to them is true, but on purpose(a choice) they are choosing not to accept it as fact?

If this is the case then the statement is still true.

Also lies can be intentional or unintentional.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It's not the same. When I say, "I don't believe," that isn't the same as stating that you and all of your ilk are lyers; it just means that I choose not to believe what you are saying.

So, I believe faith in Jesus alone brings salvation to a person and I say this to someone. They reply back to me, "I don't believe what you just said about Jesus",(now as they say those words back to me with there mouth, there brain is thinking, that is true about faith in Jesus, but I am choosing not to believe it).

So, are you saying, alot of times someone may know what someone else is saying to them is true, but on purpose(a choice) they are choosing not to accept it as fact?

If this is the case then the statement is still true.

Also lies can be intentional or unintentional.

Interesting. If you two aren't very careful, you are going to stumble all over the reason for just about all of it--currently and in the Fture.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeSkywalker
Hi, my intro... Im from Argentina and i understand english but my writing its not very well. Im not a noob, just forget my nick and password (lol). Ok, my question is very simple. I read a lot of predictions from people, all are talking about "end of the world in 2012", meteors hiting the earth, tsunamis, nuclear wars, zombies... etc. right? But why nobody talks about a peacefull era, one year without wars, the start of a new era in the 2012 with new technologies helping people each others. My word to all are, what we want to our lifes? death or life? can we change the course of the world? Im waiting answers and ideas...

Peace.

Snake Skywalker.

As long as man differentiates himself from his peers their will never be peace.

What I beleave is better than what you beleave kind of attittude will probably never change.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

[edit on 28-9-2006 by dbrandt]

No.The act of not "believing" someone elses beliefs is usually due to what he/she has or has not been exposed to. If i had never heard of Jesus Christ for example and you walked up to me and said that he was the messiah, i would not be apt to believe you. That act of not believing you is not the same as calling you a liar. To me, you are trying to compare apples to onions when you say that "If a person doesn't believe you, they are calling you a liar." It's just not the same thing.
For example,even if someone has heard of Jesus Christ and he still doesn't believe that Jesus is the messiah,it's not because he/she thinks that you are a liar;it's just that based upon what he/she has been exposed to,what they have studied, et cetera, does not lead them to the same conclusion that you have come to.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
war is a part of life and no one can stop it. in fact peace for a long time can be bad. if every one lays down thier guns then some where down the road is going to start taking over because there are now armies, or no one even under stands or wants combat. i do belive that peace can happen but only for a short time. i bet you that WW3 will brake out in the next 20 years and some one is going to use a nuke. it will be easyer to live if you accept the facts. war is nature and can not becontroled. i want the next person who objects to this have a fight with a family member and see want happens after wards. war is a way to let out feelings and confronti a problem. some times you have to take life by the balls and show every one else not to mess with you.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UNYEILDING
war is a part of life and no one can stop it. in fact peace for a long time can be bad. if every one lays down thier guns then some where down the road is going to start taking over because there are now armies, or no one even under stands or wants combat. i do belive that peace can happen but only for a short time. i bet you that WW3 will brake out in the next 20 years and some one is going to use a nuke. it will be easyer to live if you accept the facts. war is nature and can not becontroled. i want the next person who objects to this have a fight with a family member and see want happens after wards. war is a way to let out feelings and confronti a problem. some times you have to take life by the balls and show every one else not to mess with you.

I'm sorry you actually believe that.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You know, I hear "christians" degrade the New Age Movement as if it were the cause of all human suffering. What a bunch of garbage. Anti-New Agers are like anti-masonic individuals, they parade around with a bunch of "facts" that in no way reveals the truth about the movement. I suggest you stick with what you know,which is probably the bible. and let others stick with what they know.

If I seem a bit hostile,well,I am somewhat of a New Ager myself and I take offense when someone makes comments that are nothing more than a ploy to distract people from finding things out for themselves. I could be offensive and state that Muslims and "Christians" create more problems in the world than they are worth, but I do not necessarily believe that; although, there is ample proof to dictate that is indeed the truth.

Exactly what I was thinking, i'm glad im not the only one who understands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join