It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Advertises In Movie Theaters For Recruits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The CIA has started to advertise in movie theaters to find recruits.

Video: Movies, popcorn and CIA recruiting

MSNBC is reporting that the CIA hopes to find recruits by advertising in movie theaters. Movie-goers across the country will see CIA advertisements played along with other previews prior to movie features.

The CIA is placing these advertisements in large city movie theaters to find a diverse audience for their recruiting needs.

The CIA is suppose to expand its ranks by 20%. To do this the video on the link claims that they usually have to interview 1,500 people to find a person qualified for the job they are trying to fill.

I'm surprised they are advertising in movie theaters. I would have thought they would be trying to recruit more in the military and colleges. But, I guess if they can't fill their recruitment quota from the military or colleges, they will find the recruits any way they can.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You can never have enough CIA I guess.

Do they show these with movies like Stanley Kubrick films or films with Ashton Kutcher in them?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I hope they aren't advertising during movies like "Napolean Dynamite" or "Dumb and Dumber".

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What a great opportunity.An excellent job,with good benefits.I wish I was 20 again.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
What a great opportunity.An excellent job,with good benefits.I wish I was 20 again.

no kidding, I worked for the Army this summer...best job I ever had and payed WAY more than any of these rinky dink hamburger joints or wal-marts do.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The CIA doesn't pay all that great, after all it is a Gov't agency...heheh. It get's decent when you get into upper management.

If you plan on doing anything in a non-clerical position with the CIA, you're pretty much required to have a degree, preferably an advanced one.

Looks like a lot of openings on their site, from warehouse workers, to psychologists, to IT geeks, to clandestine operators.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I hope they aren't advertising during movies like "Napolean Dynamite" or "Dumb and Dumber".

Dumb and Dumber isn't in the theatres.

Advertising is a brilliant move. Using theatres for telling Americans that the CIA needs people to work for it is smart business. Corporations and different products have taken to having commercials before movies start. It's smart.

new topics

top topics

join