It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is More Powerful, George Bush, or Pope Benedict XVI?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Answering this completely would depend on discerning through many factors, two of which are: 1) do you believe in Eternity?, and 2) the concept of time devotion.

Believers in Eternity would most likely believe that the Pope would be more powerful as his time devotion towards Eternal, Heavenly, and Spiritual matters is much greater than that of a President, who based on job responsibilities is almost strictly devoted to earthly matters. Consequently, believers in only an earthlife would believe the President to be more powerful.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
While I'm no fan of GW Bush, I'd say that his heat vision can take to Pope's death ray any day. However, the Pope does have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch.

I wouldn't put it past Bush to use some dirty tricks, like a the standard clothesline after the handshake (a-la WWF), or the biting of the ear.

So, my money would be on Bush in the 3rd round.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Rasobasi420, George Bush can set a human being on fire, but remember the Soul is indestructible. Popes frequently speak about love and praise for God, the Eternal Creator, while presidents, prime ministers, kings, and emperors frequently speak about love and praise for their own nation or nations. What is more powerful, an Eternal view of things or an earth view of things? Remeber that no human being has ever created a subatomic particle, atom, molecule, cell, planet, star, galaxy or universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Remeber that no human being has ever created a subatomic particle, atom, molecule, cell.

Well thats not strictly true is it or why are you here? Didnt your mother and father 'create' you with your cells and molecules and subatomics.
On topic, I dont really know, the pope has over 1 billion people while Old George has less than this. But George has weapons (although he is more likely to kill his own and that of his allies) and the Pope has the Swiss Army with their groovy pen knives. Achh I don t know, its a toss up.
But what I do know is that I wouldnt vote for any of the two nor would I want to be under their rule.

G

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Actually, humans create molecules and atoms all the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Didnt your mother and father 'create' you with your cells and molecules and subatomics.
G

The Truth is that God is the First and Ultimate Creator of everything, including cells, molecules, and subatomic particles.

For all, who would you rather meet in the Afterlife? With due regard to George Bush, I rather meet Pope Benedict XVI as he would be able to teach me more about Spirituality.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Didnt your mother and father 'create' you with your cells and molecules and subatomics.
G

The Truth is that God is the First and Ultimate Creator of everything, including cells, molecules, and subatomic particles.

For all, who would you rather meet in the Afterlife? With due regard to George Bush, I rather meet Pope Benedict XVI as he would be able to teach me more about Spirituality.

Eh no the 'Truth' as you call it is not that god is the first and ultimate creator, You have no evidence of this only your conviction that it is the truth. This wouldnt stand in a court of law.

If there was an afterlife I wouldnt want to meet any of the two of them, would rather go to hell than live with those two LOL

G

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Believers in Eternity would most likely believe that the Pope would be more powerful as his time devotion towards Eternal, Heavenly, and Spiritual matters is much greater than that of a President, who based on job responsibilities is almost strictly devoted to earthly matters. Consequently, believers in only an earthlife would believe the President to be more powerful.

I'm a believer in eternity and am saved and I believe the office of pope is satanic. There's too much that is contained there that goes against God.

As far as a president focusing on earthly matters. People do live on earth so it probably is a good idea to spend time on earthly matters.

The hard thing is to spend time on earthly matters from a heavenly and/or spiritual perspective.

This life is a preamble for eternity, so it matters immensely what a person does here.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
dbrandt, the Office of the Pope is Satanic? The Pope, Cardinals, Archbishops, Bishops, Priests, Brothers, and Sisters have taken the vow of celibacy. Frequently, while Protestant ministers are having sex with their wife or wives, those in the Catholic religion who have received the call from God are praying the Our Father and Hail Mary (did Jesus Christ have sex?; not in the Catholic religion, but apparently in the Protestant religion). Protestant ministers are hardly the role model for Christ.

By the way, a higher percentage of Protestant ministers have been charged with minor sex abuse than Catholic Priests (you may not realize this due to the Protestant Media-driven USA where 56% are Protestants and 28% are Catholics; however, Catholicism was the first Christian religion and currently has over 1 billion Baptized members, the most of any denomination in world history).

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

dbrandt, the Office of the Pope is Satanic? The Pope, Cardinals, Archbishops, Bishops, Priests, Brothers, and Sisters have taken the vow of celibacy. did Jesus Christ have sex?; Protestant ministers are hardly the role model for Christ.

I've said alot lately that some who say they are christian aren't. The only role model for someone to have Is Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 4:[1] Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
[2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
[3] Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well,historically no one has wielded more power than the Pope. While the President of the U.S is certainly important in the sense that without compliance there will be consequences, I personally think that when it comes to matters of peace and what should be done humanitarily,the Pope trumps any and all other voices.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth, thank you for partly agreeing with me. Peace and humanitarianism are the friends of Love, and God is Love.

Acts of violence are much more president-like than Pope-like. And violence is Satanic.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Acts of violence are much more president-like than Pope-like. And violence is Satanic.

What about the crusades? Where those not violent?

Does that make the popes who sanctioned the crusades satanic?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The following is taken from Wikipedia, an internet encyclopedia (check out the google search of "crusades"):

"The Crusades brought about results of which the popes had never dreamed, and which were perhaps the most, important of all. They re-established traffic between the East and West, which, after having been suspended for several centuries, was then resumed with even greater energy; they were the means of bringing from the depths of their respective provinces and introducing into the most civilized Asiatic countries Western knights, to whom a new world was thus revealed, and who returned to their native land filled with novel ideas... If, indeed, the Christian civilization of Europe has become universal culture, in the highest sense, the glory redounds, in no small measure, to the Crusades." [Catholic Encyclopedia [4]]

Some Popes are more Holy than others. I cannot stand the violence that takes part in almost every aspect of life. Turn the other cheek at all costs!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm a Christian, but not a Catholic and am against the papacy, so I'd say GWB. He can say a few words, press a few butttons, and practically all life on Earth would be destroyed.

Putin may (considering their deteriorating equipment) have the same power.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
djohnsto77, where would pressing those few buttons leave Bush or Putin? Think (in an earthly term) mathematically as what would happen to their fate. Actually, I feel sorry for the both of them as they rarely embrace Spirituality and Eternity. I am praying that the both of them come into closer contact with GOD!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They may be killed or have to live the rest of their lives in an underground bunker, yet it's still an incredible amount of Earthly power.

[edit on 9/28/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
djohnsto77, the "incredible" amount of earthly power disappears in the first second of sleep. I pray for Bush and Putin. But the fact is that a homeless person may have more Spiritual, and therefore Eternal, Power than Bush or Putin. Not to mention those who lack food, clothes, or medical care.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
GreatTech,

I do not understand what you are saying. So, if the pope orders the killing of certain groups of people, he is just "less holy", but if a leader of a nation does it, he or she is "satanic"?

You say "turn the other cheek at all costs." Do those costs include allowing other religious groups to exist in peace without the threat of being converted or killed?

There is no clause in the bible that makes the pope exempt from following the teachings of Jesus. He is a human being, just like you and I, and to put him on a pedistal above all others is a dangerous road to follow.

Remember the First Commandment.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Pink_Cola, I believe all killing is Satanic, no matter who is responsible; Popes, Presidents, Kings, Emperors, and Prime Ministers are subject to God's Infinite Justice as much as an ordinary citizen. Those that escape Human Justice never escape God's Perfect Justice, for God is Perfect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join