It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Puzzling Mystery ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The US coast guard has not had any divers die since the 1970's, But two divers are dead now, and they had the best training, experience, and equipment. They were under arctic ice near Alaska, and were part of a team of scientists collecting data that would help them map the ocean floor and study the Earth's crust to better understand earthquakes, tsunamis and plate tectonics.

Link

It's been weeks now, and there seems to be total secrecy. The parent of one diver cannot even obtain the death certificate.

Did they discover something?

Right place wrong time?

Could have been a horrible accident.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I've read a few articles and they all pretty much contain the same info. Except in the one below it says that this is the first death since April 2004. Wonder what happened in April 2004? I do think it's odd that it's been over a month and they still have no idea why the two divers died.

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What is even stranger......the captain of the ship has been relieved of command.

On the news tonight with Charles Gibson they had a story about it. The story goes that the two were pulled from their operating depth of 20 feet to about 200 feet in a short period of time. "Pulled"? They mentioned the autopsies, but I think they are both being covered up. Something weird is going on with this one. I will see if I can find the link to the news story.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

hey a similar one that adds to this...

this is weird - were thinking more along the lines of a sub dragged them down and they have now got to cover it up some thing rotten or the Navy is in for a massive ship storm so to speak...

A nasty cover up.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nice find.

Something definitely happened there. Don't think a sub would have been so close to the top of the ice that it wasn't detected. At only 20 feet of depth I'm pretty sure a sub would have created a detectable wake. Can anyone confirm my belief?

Bad way to die, that's for sure. My condolences to their families.

join