It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't you joined the Taleban?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Taleban is a paper tiger , created to fool people into feeling of insecurity , fear , isolation .

Pinnacle of individualism gives way to welcome Digitism , we just need to hard wire the " components " .

[edit on 24-9-2006 by 23432]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So what is this? a thread dedicated to pacifism? thats all fine and dandy if you live in a country who isnt involved with what happened.

It is difficult to be a pacifist when your enemy is dedicated to killing you....oh but what enemy you say?

The enemy that has attacked the US and allies and its interests on many occasions.

The enemy that riles up the ME against you and your culture and demands you convert to Islam.

so what do you do? Many seem to think pacifism is the way to go....well with that attitude, whether you agree with islam or not, you might as well go convert so you dont have to worry about dying (some of you dont seem to have a problem with that).

I think many of you (and mind you I am not talking to people living in countries who have not been attacked and are for the most part on the sidelines) seem to think that this is more of a police matter. It doesnt work that way anymore and this is a culture war. If you ignore it, it will only fester and grow worse. IF you give in to their demands you have just elected the Taliban/al qaeda/jihadists/UBL the leaders of your life.

Ignoring the problem isnt the answer...its been proven, clinton did that....

both sides have their interests granted, but ask yourself who's interests you would rather live under and try to sway.

the radical muslims who would kill dissenters or some greedy business men you can probably hurt where it hurts most....the pocket.

I will take my culture and my homeland over any friggin zealot anyday.....

It was my homeland that was attacked and we are defending ourselves...if that hurts your pacifistic liberal nature too much.....too bad....if you are in a neutral country, shut your damn yap.

otherwise go join the taliban and live in a cave.....I dont have much breath to waste on traitors to their own.

I wish half these people would go live in the middle east for a month and come back and friggin APPRECIATE the fact they can open threads like this and enjoy being able to be a pacifist.

Meanwhile...I hope you dont get bombed because some mullah decided you were an infidel.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
So what is this? a thread dedicated to pacifism? thats all fine and dandy if you live in a country who isnt involved with what happened.

It is difficult to be a pacifist when your enemy is dedicated to killing you....oh but what enemy you say?

The enemy that has attacked the US and allies and its interests on many occasions.

The enemy that riles up the ME against you and your culture and demands you convert to Islam.

so what do you do? Many seem to think pacifism is the way to go....well with that attitude, whether you agree with islam or not, you might as well go convert so you dont have to worry about dying (some of you dont seem to have a problem with that).

I think many of you (and mind you I am not talking to people living in countries who have not been attacked and are for the most part on the sidelines) seem to think that this is more of a police matter. It doesnt work that way anymore and this is a culture war. If you ignore it, it will only fester and grow worse. IF you give in to their demands you have just elected the Taliban/al qaeda/jihadists/UBL the leaders of your life.

both sides have their interests granted, but ask yourself who's interests you would rather live under and try to sway.

the radical muslims who would kill dissenters or some greedy business men you can probably hurt where it hurts most....the pocket.

It was my homeland that was attacked and we are defending ourselves...if that hurts your pacifistic liberal nature too much.....too bad....if you are in a neutral country, shut your damn yap.

otherwise go join the taliban and live in a cave.....I dont have much breath to waste on traitors to their own.

I wish half these people would go live in the middle east for a month and come back and friggin APPRECIATE the fact they can open threads like this and enjoy being able to be a pacifist.

Meanwhile...I hope you dont get bombed because some mullah decided you were an infidel.

are you implying that a foreign enemy attacked the US inside US boarders? Show me your proof. there hasn't been a single bit of solid evidence to say that anyone that wasn't american attacked america. You base your entire opinion of false facts.
your own government killed your people, and you re-elected that government.

so who is the pacifist?

[edit on 25-9-2006 by tom goose]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
... If you think good and evil are equal please do seek help.............

Define "good;" define "evil." If a person kills another it is evil. But wait, the dead one was beating the killer to death. Oh, well then. The killer was doing good. Um... But the killer had been killing the dead one's dogs. Oh, well then the killing was wrong! But the dogs were getting close to the killer's throat... Oh! Then...

And on it might go.

That man stole that loaf of bread! Stealing is evil! But the man is starving. He cannot see stealing that bread as evil.

So please. Define "good;" define "evil." Define them so that perspective is moot.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The post-title is meant as a direct opposite to joining the coalition armed forces to fight a war of conquest and profit, and meant to be interpreted as 'Why haven't you joined the resistance?' and there are many ways to resist from 'within' as a dissenter or 5th columnist. Whether through direct action to disable the factors that supply the industrial machine, or through indirect action by lobbying, petitioning, and protest

Many hundreds of thousands have died through our coalition governments' actions, whether by direct/proxy-state military intervention in many arenas around the globe (Somalia/Sudan/Indonesia/Afghanistan/Iraq...etc) or through sanctions (such as the 500,000 Iraqi child fatalities through malnutrition and lack of basic medical provision) than have been inflicted on our nations.

Our 'elected' regimes have been successful in what Noam Chomsky defined as 'a manufactured majority consent' through mass-media saturation. The nature of our western capitalist society can be compared to a shark...both are predatory in nature, and both must keep moving in order to survive. The free-market must continually strive to seek new markets, create more profits, and fulfil an artificially-created consumer demand. The resources to keep the wheels of the free-market turning must be leveraged at the cheapest possible cost, and maximised for the greatest return in profit, and if that means taking those resources by force from another group or nation, as long as the consenting majority can be convinced that such actions are necessary to 'preserve our way of life' then use of force will always be justified.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A survivor of radical Islam tells her story.

www.frontpagemag.com...

This is just one reason why no one should join the Taliban. Radical Islamics hate.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I want to know is where are their recruiting stations??? I would just love to find one so I could arrange for a life time stay for the recruiters at Florence CO in one of their fine suites.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
Food for thought: You haven't joined the Taleban because you weren't born into the culture.

Don't need to be born in the culture. The Taliban seems eager to recruit the American Taliban that was captured by American forces later on during the invasion of Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sir Oracle
I totally see where you are coming from and I agree 100%. There are many things that I do not agree with or like but I seem to be doing little or nothing to prevent them from happening. You got me thinking and thats dangerous!

To the NSA or PTB I'm not a terrorist but I am an American citizen and I can write my congressmen an petition to try and prevent some of the things I disagree with.

You have voted Sri Oracle for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Thats why I write at ATS instead of strapping bombs to my children. Though I could concieve of how I would resort to the latter if their comfy living room was taken from them.

I agree with some of the things you typed, but this? No. Maybe you didn't really think about it, and I'm almost positive you don't have children, but I am just curious how you could concieve strapping bombs to your children because your home was lost....all the material possesions in the world mean NOTHING, they don't even hold a candle to a child. If I lost my living room, it would be the fact that I still have my son that makes me see how lucky I am no matter what....

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

are you implying that a foreign enemy attacked the US inside US boarders? Show me your proof. there hasn't been a single bit of solid evidence to say that anyone that wasn't american attacked america. You base your entire opinion of false facts.
your own government killed your people, and you re-elected that government.

so who is the pacifist?

[edit on 25-9-2006 by tom goose]

What the hell? lol

You ask someone to produce 'facts' on the attacks on America being perpetrated by non-American nationals. Yet you claim that it was an attack by American personnel lol. Evidence please or you can simply 'bail out' Goose.

Who's the top gun now?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Thats why I write at ATS instead of strapping bombs to my children. Though I could concieve of how I would resort to the latter if their comfy living room was taken from them.

I agree with some of the things you typed, but this? No. Maybe you didn't really think about it, and I'm almost positive you don't have children, but I am just curious how you could concieve strapping bombs to your children because your home was lost....all the material possesions in the world mean NOTHING, they don't even hold a candle to a child. If I lost my living room, it would be the fact that I still have my son that makes me see how lucky I am no matter what....

well, you must realise that sir oracle is using an 'ad absurdum' argument, right?

that said, my child can hold a candle in god's choir in heaven, once he is released from this cruel mortal coil in a glorious act of martyrdom.

i believe that's how the thinking goes that allows parents to send their children to die in hellish circumstances for questionable motives in a SOVEREIGN foreign country, be the child 5, 15, or 20 yrs. old.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
But this is not about taste. It is about good versus evil and no matter how you try you cannot make the two equal.

LOL

When we kill innocents its GOOD!

When they kill innocents its EVIL!

It's nice to see that, amidst all the controversy in US foreign policy today, with things like Gitmo and torture and pre-emptive invasions of other countries on "bad intel" and PATRIOT acts.. that there are still people simplistic enough to only see things in two terms: GOOD and EVIL!

And course GOOD is always us, the home team, the world superpower, Fatherland, for whom security must be ensured against the vile, cave-dwelling scum of the Earth, who also just happen to dwell upon a lot of oil and ancient sites and provide us with a good excuse to put trillions into a war. Just happen to that is; those are all unintended consequences of these bad guys. Of course.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What is this post about? New comers to this post will feel a little lost by now I am not sure what the arguement is about any more. Something to do with one's evil is being good in their eyes? We are all born to love and to fear its biological and how we use it could have contrasting opinions. Bring it back down to the basics it may sort all this out.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Cause I Likes my women in heels and short skirts. hmmmm.... Tight denim....yummy. I don't throw rocks at my woman. And the only thing I spits at my women is Game. For these reasons alone I would not join the taliban. Plus I have a feeling it's more fun to shoot the thermobrombic missile into the cave, not jump out of the cave the thermobrombic missile is heading into it. Plus I've seen that video of the cobra gunship smoking the Iraqi insurgents. Don't want to be an Afghan warlord/resistance fighter/taliban on the business end of that thing. Much rather join the US military, but only of conscripted.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow, this reeks of "flame-bait", but should be interesting...

"a cell of individuals devoted to God and determined to end the tyranny felt by believers through whatever machiavellian means necessary"

Pretty loose definition, and you're forgetting that:
a) these means include terrorism (deliberately targeting civilians for the express purpose of furthering a political agenda)
b) devoted to Allah, yes, but that also includes (with the Taliban anyhow) treating women as 2nd class citizens, and eye for an eye justice.

An interesting way to look at it is the ecoterrorist tactic of spiking trees.

Loggers would cut into spikes within old growth and injur themselves.

Which, yes, is terrorism, regardless.

Taleban

Now the bonafide Taleban is fighting over Islamic oppression, etc. Some have an appreciation for that... others don't even understand it, and think the Taleban are just sadistic psychoes bent on creating havoc for western urbanites.

Not bent on havoc...bent on maintaining tribal warlord leadership, in order to cash in on the opium trade. Back when they were fighting Russia, we turned a blind eye to that (enemy of my enemy is my friend), but don't fool yourself into thinking they are doing this out of patriotism. They want money and power just like the "evil West"... They desire their brand of Islam because it establishes control, they are not on a mission for Allah...

Why were you in such a state of "up in arms" when a bunch of towel heads from a subsistance farming nation came and took out two buildings in NY representing Global Inc. and a pentagram shaped building representing Global Incs. military? Its not like they were here destroying organic blueberry farms in rural Georgia.

Despite the racism in your remarks...how do you define Saudi Arabia (home to most of the kidnappers) as a subsistance farming nation?????

Also, a "pentagon" (5 sided shape) is much different than a "pentagram" (5 pointed star within a circle, with the point of the star facing down). That's obviously an attempt to stretch the term....

Terrorism is terrorism, whether destroying farms or an office building.

If you think the Army Corp of Engineers created the Katrina disaster with their levees that protect industry shipping.

The city is who decided cat 3 protection was "good enough", blame the right people.

Why would you join the Army? Why do you sit back and let the Army rebuild the levees? Does that make you guilty in the next disaster the levees create?

Not at all, that risk lies with people who choose to live in a bowl below sea level, really...no different than those who choose to live on a faultline, or those like myself in hurricane alley.

If drilling oil off the gulf of mexico is wrong... why are you not out there with a boat and explosives? or at least slashing tires in the parking lot back at the dock.

If paving over nature for super highways is so wrong... Why aren't you hijicking oversized front end loaders to run kamakazi 'tear up the asphalt so trees can grow again' missions?

Probably because there are legal ways to protest such things?

If it is so wrong that the forbes 400 are all billionaires while many americans live homeless and in poverty...

Americans on average are extremely wealthy. I'm barely in middle class...but when I go to Jamaica this weekend, I'll be like a king among men comparitively.

So... my spineless nation of Americans, after you turn off your evening News, and you're done playing your last round of tekken on playstation.

Those of you who spoke in grady's thread about "joining the real fight" or "waiting for a real crisis" or insisting that others "do something"

Stick a Qtip in your ear... twirl it around a few times and ponder again...

Just remember, unlike them...our military is made of VOLUNTEERS...not those forced to fight when old enough to hold a rifle steady.

Playing devil's advocate and beginning to understand how the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

Indeed it is, but unfortunately the argument is only weakened....

And this is from someone who detests that we're still in Iraq....

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
First off, I salute the maker of this thread. Secondly, however I DO NOT want to get hit with a tactical nuke or torturted by the CIA, thats why lol. I believe this battle to be not one that cannot be won by armed force...this is an information war. If those who have yet to see the truth of the sad state of todays affairs can be enlightened, if people can be made or are willing to see past their programming, then it will be irrelevant to enlist for either side. If the arabs who understandably hate the west will realize it is our so called leaders and not the majority of us who are hurting them, i believe things can be mended. But only if first on our side of the ocean, we stop being cowards who sit on the sidelines and watch everything we supposedly stand for be taken away. Spread the truth, open some eyes.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
just happen to dwell upon a lot of oil

I think i can safely just copy this short extract without taking things out of context. I am getting tired of constantly reading people's 'belief' that it is purely a war to do with oil. Cmon how many times can a dead horse be flogged until there is no carcass left? This is a simplistic argument used against the 'big bad government' (or is it wolf?) for the sake of it, because it's the trend to bash the government and is the popular thing to do, talk about sheep.

If this had anything to do with oil, why not attack and seize Venezuela & Siberia? Surely much less distance to cover, less of a logistics nightmare for starters. Why bother trampling half way around the world for oil? It's running out and won't be here for much longer. Oil pipes in Iraq still are constantly being sabotaged, making it MORE expensive to repair the pipelines and to extract the oil. Not to mention that the oil will firstly go to Iraq, which is in dire need of revenue in light of reconstruction.

Whenever people use this excuse, i can't help but laugh, even though it is tiresome and shows a lack of intelligence from people. I personally think the invasion of Iraq was a bad move and may leave the eastern flank exposed. However it is the situation we collectively got oursevles in, and one we MUST fix, since we at least owe the Iraqi people that much.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well because first of all I am not a religious fanatic, nor do I wanna become a Muslim, or a Christian, or anything.

Think for yourself, ftw.

and I couldn't get girls with a jihad beard... or could I?

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

Originally posted by bsbray11
just happen to dwell upon a lot of oil

I think i can safely just copy this short extract without taking things out of context. I am getting tired of constantly reading people's 'belief' that it is purely a war to do with oil.

One sentence in and you've already taken it out of context. I never said these wars were "purely...to do with oil." But you're not going to tell me it didn't play a role when these massive corporations, represented in the current administration by Bush, Cheney, and Condi (all formerly in the oil business), are about to go the way of the dinosaur to advancing energy technology. I would keep in mind who pays for things, and who actually makes profit, too. As an example, the US government is paying trillions of dollars for the Iraq war, but it's going into the pockets of our military industrial complex corporations, and corporations like Halliburton. They don't have to pay; they get paid.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by bsbray11]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join