It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw B-2 Bomber in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi all,

I just got back from a vacation in New York, and one day when I was in the financial district of Manhattan I heard a very loud sound, looked up and it was a stealth plane of some sort. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to get out a camera - not that it would of taken a good picture anyway because of the speed.

Now I am home I looked up online for pictures of stealth planes and found that what I saw was some type of B-2 bomber. Also I read that it has now been retired, I wouldn't of thought this was true, but if it was - why did I see one flying around Manhattan!?

I just thought I'd share this with you, also wondered if you could tell me why it would of been flying around the skies of Manhattan during the day for everyone to see? It scared me a little, wondering why that type of plane was flying over.

I have a little idea - since it was the anniversary of 9/11, Bush and so forth were around the City doing speaches and such, so this may of been why - security.

Anyway, sorry for posting a pointless post, just wanted to share my sighting! Also sorry for not getting any photos!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead

Also sorry for not getting any photos!

no need to apologize.either ways did i hear that the b-2 has retired?stealth planes
flying in manhattan.and in day.might be what you said or for some other reason.
see if you can find out what

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It was a flyover for the Yankees - Red Sox game. Story here.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phsyco

no need to apologize.either ways did i hear that the b-2 has retired?stealth planes
flying in manhattan.and in day.might be what you said or for some other reason.
see if you can find out what

Where did you learn it had been retired? It's not due to retire till atleast 2040. And yeah it was a flyover for the Yankee game.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
Now I am home I looked up online for pictures of stealth planes and found that what I saw was some type of B-2 bomber. Also I read that it has now been retired, I wouldn't of thought this was true, but if it was - why did I see one flying around Manhattan!?

Retired? Not by a long shot! The B-2's are very active and have flown in the war on terror. Go online and look up the 509th bomber wing!

Tim

top topics

join