It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics Missing from Statistics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Hispanic Category has been removed from the Crime Reporting System!

Crime Stats table 43

Offense charged Total arrests Percent distribution1
Total White Black American Indian or Alaskan Native Asian or Pacific Islander Total White Black American Indian or Alaskan Native Asian or Pacific Islander

This was brought to my attention by a friend the other day, and no matter how I search, I can not find anything to refute it.

Several calls were made to various agencies through out the country, and the individual agencies are continuing to send in the statistics for Hispanic Crime. It seems that the only difference is when the Federal Government publishes their stats.

Also if you do a little digging, you will find that the White category of crimes committed has SKYROCKETED, almost as if Hispanic crime was included in those numbers.

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
semperfortis good find! So what this is saying that Hispanics are consider white now by the criminal system.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
NO

The UCR (Uniform Crime Reporting System) still requires the individual department to submit Hispanic stats.

Looks like a cover up to me.
An attempt by the Government to sway the crime statistics away from the Hispanics.

I believe that dumping them into the white category was just convenient.

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well that is very interesting, more propaganda to sway the population from targeting Hispanics due to crime statistics in their groups.

I guess with all the negativity about immigration issues it doesn't look good to be pro immigration and having statistic prove how bad it is when it comes to crimes.

I find this very wrong and deceiving.

I am a Spanish American women and Puerto Rican people are not white people we are a mix race and proud of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just looked at the report and it seems that Hispanics are not considered a separate race. Apparently they have been combined with another race (white). Pardon me for stating the obvious and already-said; I just woke up.

Semper, do you have access to the 2004 reports so we can make a comparison?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I wonder if they are considered white if they lose their miniority status?

probably why they wouldnt want to be mixed in with white statistics.

I noticed the hispanics enjoy comparing themselves to blacks and claiming "opression"

I guess being given a job, having their legal status overlooked is now called oppresion.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I wonder if they are considered white if they lose their minority status?

probably why they wouldn't want to be mixed in with white statistics.

Will you care to explain that one for me, it sounded racial to me.

I noticed the Hispanics enjoy comparing themselves to blacks and claiming "oppression"

Well on that one people from south America and central American didn't have the same African influences from slavery that we in the Caribbean did.

Or you have not read history, after all Puerto Rico and virgin Islands are part of the US, and in the history books also.

So taking into consideration that you are talking about the Caribbean because Mexicans have not blood links to black I find that comment lacking historical knowledge.

When US took over the Island of Puerto Rico very clear noticed that most of the population were of black mix and very poor that makes anything but whites.

I guess being given a job, having their legal status overlooked is now called oppression.

Now what are you referring too the Mexicans immigrants or the Caribbean immigrants.

Do you care to explain. I think you are some confuse person when it comes to black references and immigration.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Semper, do you have access to the 2004 reports so we can make a comparison?

OK
I am NOT DRINKING!!! Alcohol anyway.

I just pulled up 2004 2003 and 2002.

Back in 2002 race was listed as White, Black, Other and Unknown
2003 the same
2004 looks exactly like 2005. No Hispanic.

Now people, I have been doing this for 19 years this year. There was a Hispanic Category last year!
Just to reassure myself, I also just pulled our 2006 UCR report that we send to the DOJ.

It is headed,
White.....Black.....Hispanic.....American Indian/Alaska Native.....Asian.....Other

So what is going on I do not know.

I talked to the friend that showed this to me and he said that he called the local office of the FBI, asked about this and got a "No Comment."

When everyone is back at work tomorrow, I'll get some more information.

Strange

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow strange indeed but why would they do that?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OK

I called the FBI today and talked to an acquaintance of mine. He stated "For the record" that the Hispanic population has ALWAYS been included in the white "column."

When I asked him, "Then why is there a separate column for Hispanic's on the UCR (Uniform Crime Report) that each department turns in?" His response was, "That enables us to keep a separate tally."

My friend that clued me onto this story, had already contacted the FBI, and received about the same information. I was hoping my contact would give me more information, yet he was reluctant to speak with me about the issue.

When I asked him, (my "contact") if he thought this policy would "skew" the results, allowing an indication of more white crime than actually existed? He terminated the conversation quickly.

That is about all I have right now, but I am still digging.

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Semper,

I too have noticed this in the past, and I even made a mention of the issue here
on ATS. Although I admit the mention was only as a side note.
I now refer you to my post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well I would like to add more to this thread, but I cant as of now since I am at work.
Anyhow, thanks for reminding me of this interesting little tid bit of info.
Hope that you are able to find more on the subject than what I have...
Which so happens to be pretty much what you have found out so far.

[edit on 9/25/2006 by Pjpuas]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The seem mean. Well semperfortis that for digging again life is stranger that fiction. So anyone got any idea why they would do this. Just idea and theory's in why they would do this and what the benefits of this?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Found this without any problem. It's not arrests but jail population figures at least.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Now that is an interesting link...

It seems to actually concentrate on Hispanics.

So the prison Bureau is keeping track anyway.

Good Find!

Semper

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Interesting thread, and brings up some thoughts. On the one hand it could favor whites since they could be perceived as having the bigger problem and thus in need of greater funding. On the other hand, we can all think of instances where it could be perceived as a pejorative statistic.

Also, being a federal report, one wonders how many other agencies employ the same reporting tactics?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
jsobecky,

Just how much funding would you expect to be allocated to WHITE crime specifically?

I have a guess.

Semper

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As long as we have the attitudes that have been/are being expressed on threads I mistakenly posted on earlier, there will never be any kind of possibility for understanding what really is going on.

As long as some continue to play the role of victim and refuse to acknowledge any other opinion, twist words and play the hate game, we can never "fix" anything.

I was thinking about this at work today and wondering if maybe this is a prelude to the before postulated "Trans-North American highway that some have theorized is supposed to connect Mexico, the US and Canada?

If the American Public is ever going to be "Horn swaggled" into anything like this, then we must be made to believe that Hispanics pose no threat and no "negative" impact on our society. How better to do that, than by making sure the statistics do not show any negative trends in Hispanic Crime.

Semper

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I see no problem granting blanket amnesty to all illegal immigrants. After all, the crime problem seems to be concentrated in the resident white population. /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good find Semper. This is truly disturbing. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to monkey with the figures. But why?? Looks like the govt is trying to cover up Hispanic crime so the People will not freak out over immigration. But who knows, that's just a wild guess. Semper keep us posted if you find out anything else, OK?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I think is all politics, It most be a lot of powerful pro immigration lobbyist making sure to softer the immigrants issues to gain support for their cause.

And our own government is falling for it, so that tells me to who our politicians are catering to when the needs for votes arises.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join