It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jihad Car Sale!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Out of Columbus Ohio

Stations say ‘jihad’ car spots go too far

In the spot, Keith Dennis of Dennis Mitsubishi talks about "launching a jihad on the automotive market."

Sales representatives "will be wearing burqas all weekend long," the ad says. One of the vehicles on sale "can comfortably seat up to 12 jihadists in the back."

"Our prices are lower than the evildoers’ every day. Just ask the pope! " the ad says. "Friday is fatwa Friday, with free rubber swords for the kiddies."

The dealership was a little surprised by the hesitation to run the ad, Masterson said, although he noted, "According to the people who have heard it, it is the most controversial commercial they’ve heard in the last 15 years."

Calling the commercial aggressive, Masterson said, "This is one where we feel we’re taking a bull’s-eye on terrorists. After all the nonsense that the terrorists put the public through, they’re fair game."

But Aaron Masterson, general manager of Dennis Auto Point, which writes and produces its own commercials, promised that the commercial will air.
dispatch.com

I guess this will be another reason for Islamic's to riot.

Have to hand it to the Car Dealers of America, they are always coming up with something to keep us interested.

Semper

[edit on 24-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
AT the beginning of Ramadan too??
It seems like some people just want to cause trouble

So who has to clean up when he gets bombed out?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
AT the beginning of Ramadan too??
It seems like some people just want to cause trouble

So who has to clean up when he gets bombed out?

This is what's so amazing to me. Islam is expected to have a violent reaction to anything negative, but that's ok, it's us who have to change to account for the violence. It's like everyone has to walk on egg shells because we're afraid we'll get killed, blown up, or else a section of the world will riot and blow itself up.

What's even more amazing is that many of the same people who are up in arms over the Patriot act taking away some freedoms for Americans are the same people who defend this behavior and lash out at the supposed causes, those who practice their freedom of speech.

Then, to top it all off, no one seems to be commenting on the incredible irony of Islam's reaction to the Pope's words -- "Islam is a violent religion" "ROAR! No we're not, and we'll kill you and take over your nation if you say that again!" What?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Junglejake,

I could not possibly agree more!!!

But you have to admit that being it is a car dealership, it really is pretty funny.

I mean, rubber swords of all things!

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Maybe the guy,s on hard times and wants bombed out??

Seriously though guys.. This is what I find so ''endearing'' about peoples lack of first hand contact.

You gotta remember..It,s the politicians and rulers and chiefs and clerics that spout all this rhetoric garbage..

The guys over here were peeing themselves laughing over those naughty scandinavian cartoons.No - one has even mentioned the slightly politico-religious slip up of the pope,s

Regular people don,t give a flying F..... IG..

It,s the extremists that mess stuff up..

IRA didn,t represent Ireland
Nazis didn,t represent germany
Kgb.. Russia
GWB America and so on

But they are the guys that get the news..

This guy though?? c,mon... it,d be like a Muslim estate agency holding a 911 anniversary appartment sale with the slogan ''watch me demolish my prices. they,re all coming down'' wouldn,t it? Honestly?

[edit on 24-9-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
And that was a HILARIOUS analogy!!!

Left me in tears..

Not saying it is wrong, just funnt as heck..

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
And that was a HILARIOUS analogy!!!

EXACTLY my point..most people would laugh at it but you could bet ur ass somewhere there would be an outraged American somewhere with an axe to grind..

I,ll show the add to some friends over here and do a survey

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's the awful Political Correctness all over the place.
Imagine what life would be like without humor, folks like George Carlin and Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, etc.

Everything is sooo serious.
In our efforts to never offend, we end up offending even more.

And, of course, a large part of this is the result of conditioning by Those Who Rule.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
It's the awful Political Correctness all over the place. ..

I know.. I,m glad to go back to UK to see my family..(not so for the crappy hospital deal though. boooo.. nevermind)

But I will have to be soooo careful with what I say over there.
Political correctness has taken away a HUGE part of freedom of speech now..

Who remembers goliwogs on jam jars?
Al Jolson
Jim Davidson,s ''chalky white''
englishman/Irishman/scottishman jokes

I cant even call people ''black'' over there.. I gotta call them ''coloured''

But if I did that with my friends from S.Africa they would take it as the biggest insult ever.

Part of my show over here is impersonating accents that i,d get called racist for in the uk

It,s just got far too pathetic.

But who,s at the root of all this
Politicians or the Human rights movement?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

But who,s at the root of all this
Politicians or the Human rights movement?

LIberals
The ACLU
Attorneys

Take your pick

Semper

[edit on 9/24/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
It's the awful Political Correctness all over the place. ..

I cant even call people ''black'' over there.. I gotta call them ''coloured''

But if I did that with my friends from S.Africa they would take it as the biggest insult ever.

that's interesting. here in the US, nowadays if you ever called someone 'colored', you'd be in a heap of hot water. the world is a funny funny place indeed

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.cpatax.net... penguin/TerroristsCar.wmv" target="_blank" class="postlink">Here is one of the cars he is selling

Seriously though I hope the fanatics do not kill anyone over this stunt as they did when the pope quoted what someone said over 400 years ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots Here is one of the cars he is selling

HEHEHEHEH!!!!!!!

extra line HEHEHEH!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
shots!!!

Absolutely HILARIOUS

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And if he had some guy dressed up as jesus saying 'i love these cars, they're great for picking up the ladies', as he pulls up to a street hooker named mary mags, would there be no demands to shut down the commercial?

Sure, there wouldn't be bombings and riots, but, then again, thats probably because peopel realize that they'd get caught by the police, which isn't a problem in downtown damascus.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Of course there would be demands to shut down the commercial. I would expect just about every commercial out there gets those demands because we've gotten this mentality that it is a human right not to be offended.

The decision for airing a commercial should be economic -- it should not be made based on fearing for your life. If a commercial offends, the producers have to weigh the lost business based on that offense against the gained business the commercial may have. The more offensive, the more likely they'll get free advertising such as we're seeing here, too. The networks that air the commercial have the same decision to make.

When Islam could be offended, though, suddenly everyone's worried about riots, bombings, etc. It stops being economic and becomes fear based. People are terrified to publically speak against Islam, and, in the event that they do, as soon as the riots start the offender backpedals faster than light. One element of the world is controlling Western free expression through terror, and that ain't good...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
This is what's so amazing to me. Islam is expected to have a violent reaction to anything negative, but that's ok, it's us who have to change to account for the violence. It's like everyone has to walk on egg shells because we're afraid we'll get killed, blown up, or else a section of the world will riot and blow itself up.

What's even more amazing is that many of the same people who are up in arms over the Patriot act taking away some freedoms for Americans are the same people who defend this behavior and lash out at the supposed causes, those who practice their freedom of speech.

Then, to top it all off, no one seems to be commenting on the incredible irony of Islam's reaction to the Pope's words -- "Islam is a violent religion" "ROAR! No we're not, and we'll kill you and take over your nation if you say that again!" What?

Precisely correct jungleJake!! In fact; this is NO different then proclaiming it's a woman's fault for dressing too sexy if she is raped. Women need to change the way they dress so as not to tempt a rapist
(It's by no accident that I'm using rape as an analogy for Islam).

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Little Green Footballs has a great video interview from MSNBC interviewing a CAIR representative as she tries to explain why this ad is so much more important to speak out against than those who are rioting and declaring a fatwa against the Pope, etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
CAIR representative as she tries to explain why this ad is so much more important to speak out against than those who are rioting and declaring a fatwa against the Pope, etc.

Really, I'm wondering if I just watched the same interview you did. She repeatedly condemned violent acts of Muslim extremists and tried to stress the fact that her oppositon to the car commercial was because it was mocking those who died at the hands of Muslim extremists. Her second point was that it derided Islamic religion in general by trying to mock legitimate elements of the Islamic religion.

Nowhere in it did she say that the car commercial was more important than speaking out against Muslim extremists. What's the point of misrepresenting her words?

You people get upset when Muslims protest violently, but then when they protest peacefully using perfectly legitimate methods, you still criticize them. What do you want from them? Would you rather them just shutup and let you walk all over them?

[edit on 27-9-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Nowhere in it did she say that the car commercial was more important than speaking out against Muslim extremists. What's the point of misrepresenting her words?

Actually, my words didn't come directly from the words presented in the interview, but from CAIR's public reaction to the pope reaction, general rioting, killing anyone who says Islam's not a religion of peace, etc. It wasn't until she was cornered that she would say those things were bad, and CAIR never focuses or says a thing about Islamofascism, it's only about the horrible offenses and racism Muslims experience, often times streching or even lying about those supposed "hate crimes" they talk about having happened.

For that matter, if you were Charlie Brown and Lucy has pulled the football from you thousands of times, but you were smarter than Charlie Brown, what would Lucy have to do to convince you that she wasn't going to pull the football this time?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join