It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hottest september in a 100 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Australia has just had the hottest september in a 100 years.
Bushfires have broken out across NSW.
This is going to be bad once summer starts
Global Warming signs?
I think so
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Definitely global warming, but the real question is: Is this due to the enhanced greenhouse effect, or is it an entirely natural process?

At a geographical level, using a 100-year timescale to look for anomalies in the earths climate is utterly pointless. I believe (from everything I've read and studied) we still know too little about the Earths climate and the history of Earths climate to make any solid conclusions on the recent increase in temperature.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I heard someone mention the other day that up in Melbourne they reached 30 degrees faster than ever before. And summer hasn't even started yet!

Thank god I live near a beach. It's bikini time, boys . . .

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
thanks for the reply
all i no for me every year its seems its getting hotter
im worried that in 5 years the avg summer tep will be low to high 40s if that happens we will not be able to control the bush fires

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
you might go to the beach, but in a few years it will be to hot to even go to the beach

[edit on 24-9-2006 by CYRAX]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This morning, a meterologist on the Weather Channel announced that both September 2006 and the year 2006 to date are the hottest ever. The Weather Channel now has its own climatologist, Dr. Heidi Cullen, who will be hosting some shows in a few days on this topic. Here is her bio info:

www.weather.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hottest in 100 years you say???? Surly that means there was a bad case global warming 100 years ago and we eventually got over it.

We need to protect our resources.. our planets health is vital, but every time the temperature goes up we cannot claim we did it. Natural cycles. They are predicting a very cold winter, below average and longer then average with more snowfall here in the mid west US, surly that means global cooling!!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The weather is pretty nice in Britain for this time of year too .
If this is global warming ...bring it on *joke*

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Rockpuck,

Right on! Just 27 years ago most scientists believed we were on the verge of the next Ice Age. Just natural cycles.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here where I live it's been cold! Climates go through changes. It's nature, guys.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
Australia has just had the hottest september in a 100 years.
Bushfires have broken out across NSW.
This is going to be bad once summer starts
Global Warming signs?
I think so
www.abc.net.au...

Ouch - it was one hot and also wet September around Sydney. Records have only been kept for 100 years here but as CYRAX points out it was the hottest recorded September.

Natural cycle - yes i do believe it is but also global warming has a part to play.

A program was on TV not long ago in which they showed the effects of Greenland, Antartica and the Artic ice caps melting on Australia - no beachs left to ego to. I live 50km from the coast and my house would be under water due to a nearby river system.

The earth does work in cycles as the planet drifts closer or further away from the sun as it rotates around along with the sun through the galaxy. The big problem that i see is man is now that developed, any change in the cycle that we are used to will devestate us due to poor crops, increase sea levels etc causing a lack of food and living space that was of no major concern thousands of years ago.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know about global warming but here in the redneck riviera, its been hot! hot!hot! and its still hot! hot! hot!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We are expected to have an extremely hot summer, but who knows?

join