It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

good or bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
sometime tonight im plannin on meditating in a room where i believe i saw a demon. is this idea good or bad and what can i expect?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

So long as you have absolute faith that God is with you and nothing can harm you then you'll be ok. There's nothing to fear except fear itself.

But be prepared to meet your worst nightmares face to face !!!

[edit on 24-9-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To be honest if you have to ask whats going to happen then maybe you should do wait a while to do the meditation, there may be dangers otherwise,

I suggest waiting and doing some research on this so you know what you are opening yourself to,

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What did you see that made you believe a demon is present in that room? Demons are more often associated with individuals, families, and to a lesser extent homes (their are many cases of families trying to move homes to escape demonic oppression and their new family member simply packs his bags and moves with them.) I would imagine if what you say is true, you are likely dealing with a poltergeist not a demonic influence.

Despite this, don't mess with something you do not understand or know how to protect yourself from. Are you adept at meditation? I think if you are not you are likely going to sit their in silence for awhile and just feel frustrated after a few hours. Sitting in silence is a start (or meditative music) is a start but it is not meditation. Meditation opens you up on occasion to demonic attack, and if it is infact a demon, does that sound like a good idea?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
LOL!

For me this sounds like:

Oh there is a 200feet height cliff. And there are rocks at the bottom. I want to jump down there. Is this a good or a bad idea?

If you are prepared with the right equipment and know what you will face than yes jump of the cliff else it is a really bad idea. Because you have to ask I think you better shouldn't jump in the for you unknown territory at least not as long as you are not prepared.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Similar thing happened to me, those demons or appirations, won't and can't hurt you unless you fear and believe in them. Just be courageous and say to yourself that they can't hurt you and you'll be all right.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, the problem is that if you go into a truly meditative state you open your consciousness to anything that wishes to enter. I would strongly suggest that you not meditate as long as you feel this presence in your home. That's just a word of advice,take it or leave it.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You can clear your home using reiki and other healing techniques. I would suggest having some sort of priest (if you are Christian), rabbi, etc or some spiritual guide do this for you.

If you wish to do this on your own you can simply pray to God and/or archangels to protect you. This must be done every night for sometime...

I would also suggest further research into the paranormal and meditative techniques before you dive too deeply as well...There can be some frightening things out there and if you are not prepared to face them you might lose your sanity...Just a few words for the wise.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As stated above...if you are questioning it then it's a BAD idea.

Why would you want to do this exactly?

Are you going to keep your eyes closed? Whatever you do if you do it DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES... it WILL get you

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Personally I've done stranger things. If you belief that there really is a demon or such then the standard procedure is to do a good cleansing.

Or you just sit down and cast down a pillar of light as a barriere around you. Prepare to hear some really hard screeching and yelling. But they can't get to you through the barriere anyway so don't spend any attention to it.

Or if you're adept in other practices you could create a servitor that stands guard around you or evoke another being to watch your back.

So many solutions, but the most practical and standard one is still the cleansing. These types of distractions are not usefull towards meditation.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It would be fine as long as you are 100% sure that no matter what you will not be afraid.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Why would you want to do this exactly?

because im sick and tired of feeling creeped out whenever i walk through this room. so im doin the whole(yeah i know its sounds corny) "face your fears" kinda thing.

Originally posted by Baphomet79
What did you see that made you believe a demon is present in that room?

i saw a white figure with lime green eyes and some type of hornish thing on top if it's head. the feeling i felt when i saw it was unexplainable...it was like it entered my whole soul and sent splinters of terror through every part of my body just by looking into my eyes. it was absoulutley (sp?) insane.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It might help you to know that if this is truly a demon or bad spirit, that giving it attention or trying to communicate to it will make it more real and powerful to you.
These kinds of things also seem to feed on fear. The more you dwell on how scared or creeped out you are, the worse it can get for you.

So if you're meditateing make sure you're confident, positive and absolutely in control and surrounding yourself with love and light. Nothing can get to you then.
Don't try to "see" it or look for it again. It can't exist if you don't let it.

And this room where you've seen it, what it's like? Dark and gloomy or dreary in any kind of way? Maybe you should change it to a more pleasant place if it is. Before you mediate.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Seeing a demon is never good, but you should probably make sure that it is a demon.

MAny different things can take many different forms.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
well i did it. all went well

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous

All went well?
How so?

What exactly did you want to happen?

I would not assume all went well,what do you mean by 'all went well'?
Is it what you expected?

helen

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by LordInfamous

All went well?
How so?

What exactly did you want to happen?

I would not assume all went well,what do you mean by 'all went well'?
Is it what you expected?

helen

basically i was wantin to get scared to death in any way possible but overcome it by not leaving the room due to the fear factor being too intense. and that's what i accomplished. the fear factor was there, but i didn't back out of what i wanted to do. i even went outta my way to make things a bit more scarier by turning off every single light in the house. also, even though i was feeling creeped out, i went into the room EXTREMELY arrogant and cocky just so something could happen to put my pride in check. in other words, i was literally wanting this thing or SOMETHING to show up/happen just so it could try and scare me and not suceed, because even if something would have happend i still wouldnt've left the room until the meditation was done.

Orginally posted by DDay
Are you going to keep your eyes closed? Whatever you do if you do it DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES... it WILL get you

i had my eyes closed the whole 20 mins.

new topics

top topics

join