It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my new and upgraded website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hello, I have recently gained hold of a new web host and I have put up a new website. This one far surpasses my old one with the addition of more complex coding (PHP, CSS XML and so on...)
It is still new so give me an idea about the cons and pros.

www.mmdswild.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I really like it.

Very nicely done.

Can anyone post to it? I'm just getting into some artistic rendering.

Semper

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
sure, just go to the gallery at
www.mmdswild.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Cool SITE!!

I'll be putting some of my work up there very soon. I believe I am your first member.

Semper

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Normal layout as far as I can tell, but when I clicked the images to links to the galleries it took a very long time with DSL. I even gave up and closed the window, so the page loading for me was not fast. I use the Firefox broswer if that helps the situation.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Mine loaded pretty quickly...???

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
like i said before, it is still being constructed. i havent paid much attention to the galleries at the bottom of the home page so much. i will eventually work on them so ignore the slow loading of them for now.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thats cool. Hey I am not giving you an analysis of the content but just claiming how it worked for me. If you want to fix that either way, just be aware that that portion does not work so well for me, and it may be a browser problem. Either way, the site looks decent enough.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
thats fine. the site is actually better viewed using firefox anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The "home" page looks good.

The "galleries" are a little strange, what is the use of having the same image over and over?

The "forum" looks a little "rough".

But the general impression that I get is that this is just a group of pages rather than a site, the pages do not have a common "face" that identifies them as making part of a group.

And one thing that I hate, it does not comply with the W3 standards.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
well it has been up for only a week and a half so i am still working on it. i have actually been concirned more with the galleries and the home page layout and not so much the content of the galleries at the bottom of the homepage. ill add stuff like tutorials and so forth at a later date.

also, i have no idea what you mean about the W3 standards, mabey you could point that on out for me.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The site loads at a snails pace at times (on a T1 connection). Other times it completely locks up the browser. I'd say it needs some work or a better host.

As for W3 standards, read all about it here: validator.w3.org...
I don't sweat it much on my site, but then I dont' have lots of visitors I'm worried about.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well the speed should rise soon (when my host stops downloading torrents with the server!)
But the rest I'm not too worried about at the moment.

also in other news, I have a new gallery up and running that is way, way better then the old one (which was in fact German anyway) so I suggest giving it a look.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
*bump*

News::

New template shop

New forum

New homepage

other new stuff

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It was fairly slow loading for me as well(T1 connection) and I'm wondering if it's not due to the home page graphic being so large. Maybe it could be made into a smaller logo or something similar. Just a thought anyway.

People with dialup connections could really have some trouble with it.

I like the content however and if the site's only been up for a week or so...Well Done!

top topics

join