It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
for those of you who don't recall, a little while ago, a report surfaced that claimed that some US troops brutally raped an Iraqi girl, and then went on to murder the girl and her family to cover it up:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a short time after that, a new report surfaced saying that two US troops were abducted by an unknown terrorist faction, assumed to be connected to al-qaida. the troops were later found dead, their bodies mutilated:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

well, according to a new video, supposedly put out by a group linked to al qaida, the two incidents are very much related.
apperently, the troops that were abducted and later tortured and murdered were from the same Division as the ones who raped and murdered the girl. the al qaida group attacked the division, pulling out random soldiers to exact their vengence, as they put it:
news.yahoo.com...

i don't know what makes me sadder:
the fact that a girl and her whole family are dead due to those sadistic soldierss, the facts that two random people, who probably had nothing to do with it ended up "paying" too high a price for actions they didn't commit, or the fact that the people who DID do it are probably gonna get off with a slap on the wrist or a very light sentence.
you can call me whatever you want, but personally, if those people had actually caught, and did whatever they wanted to those who actually did commit the crime, i'd have no problem with it.

p.s.: please don't tell me "but none of this would've happened if we weren't even there in the first place!" or anything along those lines. i know that. the whole world practically knows that by now. but the fact is, as much as i hate this BS "war on 'turr'" it's not going to change the fact that we are there.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You make a good point my friend. Just consider why so many US Generals and top officials who have seen combat and offered their lives have been so opposed to Mr. Bush and his crew altering the Geneva Laws by using a new interpretation calling it "pressure" etc. These military men do not want to have anyone tortured - for they know that they could be next thus oppose what the elite are attempting to do. Very sad - none of this is at all necessary.

new topics

join