It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton faults Bush on bin Laden

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You know what is eating at the present administration right now Dg?

That after Clinton exit from the white house he still is more popular around the word and in the US than Bush will ever be.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is so funny how Clinton practically fell off his seat during this interview....

He got so mad and anger. Poor whimpy Clinton cant get nothing right.

CLINTON: It was a perfectly legitimate question, but I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked this question of

Always having to throw the blame to someone else.

www.foxnews.com...

the whole interview can be found at that link.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The jealousy is too much for Bush lovers to bear. Clinton was presidential, articulate and could speak (unplugged) with the best of them. A true diplomat and loved around the world and at home.

Can anyone say that about the dufus Bush?

The day Bush stole the presidency was the beginning of the end for the world as we knew it. People of all nations were horrified and knew he'd follow in his daddys footsteps and start turmoil. Only they didnt anticipate the total chaos he would inflict and the gravity of it all.

How right the world was!!! Now, to get rid of him and what he's caused and done will take many years to rectify if he's done in 2008 at all....I have my doubts.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
This is so funny how Clinton practically fell off his seat during this interview....

Probably because it is a rediculous assertion. Bush and Comp. allowed 9/11 then profitted from it. If you don't believe that, then you will fall off your seat when it is finally uncovered.

He got so mad and anger. Poor whimpy Clinton cant get nothing right.

Except speak in public, reveal his charisma for the world to see, and leave office with a few trillion in surplus. (Which Bush btw has depleted in seconds and racked up 8 trillion negatively.

Always having to throw the blame to someone else.

Isn't that what you're doing by this position you're taking?
BUSH

AAC

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Somthing else, I wonder how many public speaking events BUSH Jr. will get paid to show up at? How about none.

Also, Bush has had five years to find Ladden, he has muffed that up, also he blew up another country for no reason... Yes I said "no" reason.

The logic of the attack didn't make sense. They have WMD's and also they are a threat to everyone. But this was right when we were having our issues with N. Korea and thair real bombs. Don't people see this obvious factoid? Can you see through the burning oil smoke?

BUSH

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
At the end Bush can never be compared to Clinto presidency even with the scandals.

The scandals hid the fact that he was after bin-laden and even after he was about to exit his presidency he told Bush about the dangers and still bush just sat there and played dumb.

Those are the fact.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I was just reading where Rove hated the Clintons so much he actually performed an exorcism when the Clintons left the White House.

Oh, this is precious.

Clinton would have been a saint compared to the present crew at the WH.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I was just reading where Rove hated the Clinton's so much he actually performed an exorcism when the Clintons left the White House.

Are you pulling my leg
that is the most outrageous thing Rove will do, after all that is only practiced by the Catholic church.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Where are my manners?

Read all about it!!!

www.huffingtonpost.com... n_28905.html

Rove Casts evil spirits left behind by Hillary.

He called on not ONE, but three priests!!!!!!!

I wonder if God can laugh.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I thought that people like the Bushes that are Christian do not believe in evil spirits.

This is new to me but hey is rich!!!!!!!!!!!

So the Bushes are superstitious people. I wonder if Rove travels to the Caribbean to find fetishes and voodoo dolls to take care of the opposition

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It seems ole Willy is delivering a few counter punches.

Bill Clinton: I got closer to killing bin Laden
POSTED: 7:15 p.m. EDT, September 24, 2006

NEW YORK (CNN) -- In a contentious taped interview that aired on "Fox News Sunday," former president Bill Clinton vigorously defended his efforts as president to capture and kill al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since. And if I were still president, we'd have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him," Clinton said, referring to Afghanistan.

"We do have a government that thinks Afghanistan is one-seventh as important as Iraq," he added, referring to the approximately 140,000 U.S. troops in Iraq. (Watch Clinton go on defensive -- 1:18)

source: cnn.com

I love this little part here:
From the same article:

"So you did Fox's bidding on this show. You did your nice little conservative hit job on me," he said to Wallace, occasionally tapping on Wallace's notes for emphasis. "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked this question of?

Ohhh man this is priceless.. Bam!!! right back at the repubs.. and then BAm its gonna go right back at Willy.. and so on; ad nauseum.
While they are busy passing the buck back and forth... Hopefully the people of our great nation will relaize that they are ALL responsible for the failings of our govt. WHY? because they work for the govt. Silly me, huh. To actually expect to hold accountable; those that work for the govt. when the govt. screws up. What a world.. what a world...

Hey Willy, Good work... Hey Bush... Good work... Hey FBI...Good work... Hey CIA... Good work... hey NSA... ahhh you guys get the idea...

stop passing the buck.. your all just as responsible.. thrive as a team... fall as a team... thats the way it is.So both sides of the political isle time to face the music and take "joint" responsibility caus ethis crap is getting us nowhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I saw clips of it and he came out find actually he came out looking pretty good.

It is something that you can never do with Clinton is to make him look bad on camera, the man is a good speaker and he can choses his words very well.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Bill Klinton needs to shut the hell up. He bombed an aspirin factory in Sudan when he discovered he needed a distraction from the Lewinsky scandal and he started an illegal war in Kosovo and got tons of people killed in the process. He didn't even target the right guys.

I'll always back up Clinton on his economic policies, but he was just dreadful when it came to foreign policy.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sweetmonica,

And when it comes to Bush, do you think he's great at foreign policy?

I hope the answer is "no" I know you're a smart person.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Sweetmonica,

I don't even wanna say anything about Bush anymore, for fear of being branded "unpatriotic."

But the point here is Klinton. If anything, he should be challenging Bush's god-awful economic policies. You gotta stick to your guns, not the the things that gave your presidency a bad name.

If we're going to bring Bush down someday, we must bring Clinton down as well, at least to some level.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I saw clips of it and he came out find actually he came out looking pretty good.

It is something that you can never do with Clinton is to make him look bad on camera, the man is a good speaker and he can choses his words very well.

Is that what being a President is all about playing a role. Choosing yours words very well. I dont think so.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Sweetmonica,

I don't even wanna say anything about Bush anymore, for fear of being branded "unpatriotic."

Oh so your a follower then you go along with the crowd. Whoever has a stronger voice. Whoever scares you. You cannot voice your own opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Isuppose you would prefer we left our borders wide open and rolled over and pretend no one died on 9/11 and let it happen a few more times? :shk:

I dont understand you marg...

you want to see how the war was a victory? consider this...

under clinton there was the 93 WTC attacks and the USS cole was bombed....obviously his policies regarding terrorism were inefective.

Under Bush only ONE terrorist attack has happened....and NONE since 9/11...

SO.... I do believe you are rather short sighted. Just because the War makes the US unpopular and just because soldiers, who volunteered, have died, That doesnt make the War a failure.

I think people are against bush and his war because it interferes with other agendas that special interest groups want.

Thats my opinion....

Ummm....pssst!!! our borders are still wide open!!! I believe our ports have been turned over to a group of muslims that allegedly kidnap children and enslave them for the camel racing entertainment!! as far as HOMELAND security goes, next to sqaut has been done. the only reason the terrorists aren't hitting here is that Iraq is closer! You mention the USS Cole being hit, well, that was a US Military vessel in Arab waters. IF that qualifies as a terrorist hit, then so doesn't the daily bombs blowing up our convoys in Iraq....so, I think we've been hit more often, haven't we? Why would the terrorists come here when there's such easy pickings in Iraq?

Quite frankly, I think that BOTH PARTIES had knowledge of 9/11. I think Both parties knew there wasn't any wmd's in Iraq, Clinton chased them all through yugoslavia, and bombed the chinese embassy in an attempt to wipe them out of existance. Saddam was getting rid of them then, so they weren't there when Bush was in office.

But, clinton and bush had different tactics...clinton was a sly little sucker....ya know, stage a war susposedly on behalf of the muslims in yugoslavia, but then do all you can to stop the transport of the wmd's through that country, and the like, and Bush is more of an in your face kind of guy....heck, he'll just openly state....he's having a crusade!!!

we, the people, have only half the knowledge, we have no idea what is really happening. both of them might be playing a role in the downfall of the country, or both of them might actually be throwing all the can at the threat....we reallly can't be sure and I sure the heck don't expect either of them to actually say anymore more than a bunch of political mishmash designed to win votes, especially this time of year.

but, considering how insecure our borders are.....I think some kind of game is being played out on the american people. if you are having a war, one of the first things you want to do is secure the parameters of the area you want to protect....not let any pedro, ernesto, or mohammed walk across them unchallenged just so you can have your cheap labor!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You know, I'm going to start by saying I was totally anti-Clinton by the time he left office. But I have listened to the interview and read the transcripts provided in this thread,

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

and I just don't see this as black and white.

Clinton actually takes responsibility for his failings (views he failed because he didn't actually get Bin Laden), and initially discusses the difficulties of a new President being faced with things they didn't sign on for in reference to Bush.

I don't see this interview as cut and dry that Clinton is faulting Bush, his emphasis was that you are asking me these questions and I want to know why you aren't asking them the same things. He actually tried initially to explain where the failings of his administration contributed to the Bin Laden problem if you read the whole thing. Yes he does go on to also discuss the failings of the Bush administration after he left office, but it is in reference to why aren't these things being addressed.

This whole thing is getting really twisted in my opinion, with the usual it's one sides fault vs. it's the other sides fault, and in all fairness if you look at the interview in it's entirety you can see Clinton did not exonerate himself from the question of whose fault Bin Laden is, he actually took responsibility for part of it.

A lot of people are under the impression at this point that Clinton is totally throwing this off on Bush, and quite frankly, you're missing the whole story if that is what the media (we're falling for that again?) is leading you to believe.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think i can safely say that Americans are very mal content when it comes to presidents.
I have never heard anyone here claim that JFK was a good president- I've never heard many behind Raegan and his policies.
Yet- when a president of ours is assasinated, such as JFK, the weeping and crocodile tears just flow.

I loved JFK. I loved Raegan. I liked Bill Clinton because apart from his sexual indiscretions, he was a good president and no one can hold a candle to him.
In fact, looking back, those were the wonder years.

Now we have a beaut for a president and i dont care if i am called un-patriotic or not. Who gives a rats ars? Since when is expressing your real sentiments un-patriotic or un-American? Since Bush?? Well, too freaking bad. And Sweetmonica, shame on you for being "unable" to speak of him.....that's what we've come to i guess.

He's a freak and everyone knows it.
A total freak of nature.
El Diablo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join