It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis last night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is my very first post ever on this webpage. What happened to me last night scared the living hell out of me and I went and did some research on what i think may of happened and came across sleep paralysis.

heres my story:

I remember waking up around 2:40 am but I wasnt really awake, my eye's were open but I could not move anything. I was lying on my side and my head posisioned to be facing another one of my pillows. I could not see anything but my pillow. I had this terrible feeling of evil come over me. Then something or someone strated to speak I could not make out any of the words, but i was the most awful evil voice ive ever heard in my life I tried to move again but nothing so I just stayed where I was and hoped it would pass quickly. I do not goto church and I dont really believe in things like the devil etc... but during this period I asked for help from the lord. I do not know any prayers etc so I said in my mind whatever I could think of and no sooner did i think it and the experiance was done. But what was weird after it was done I woke up! ? but I felt I was already awake. I have never been so terrified in my entie life. I am 24 years old and had to have the lights on for the remainder of the night. I was scared to go back to sleep after that.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Those circumstances do seem to suggest sleep paralysis, I wish I could relate though as it has never happened to me before (at least that I can remember). Your specific event sounds somewhat familiar to another post made not too long ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did you hear anything like the OP described as a wind tunnel in that link?

I find it pretty fascinating that it ended after you prayed, may even suggest it was more than your imagination at work there (not to scare you or anything)

[edit on 9/23/2006 by somedude]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is very common.

I had it happen to me just few months ago... there i didnt have my eyes open, i rather could see my room with my astral sight.

I couldnt move my body or wake up and i saw this ugly man sitting next to me.

What i did i willed ALL my powers to try and roll out of bed and after trying for few moments it worked and i regained control.

Nothing really to be afraid of...... next time i will try to communicate with this entity rather than running away by waking myelf up.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, I remember having an episode when a green light bounced around my room. I couldn't move and then it stopped. I think sleep paralysis probably brings out our imagination and our brain to full potential, thus we cannot control our movement, what happens, etc in sleep paralysis. Just a theory

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
that used to happen tp me when i hadnt slept in a while!!!! drugs dont do them!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Used to happen to me alot. I never saw any enteties though. When I get an episode instead of fighting it I just relax and concentrate on breathing and I usually snap out of it in a few seconds. Fighting it seems to make it worse, you start to panic and stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I remember something occuring not so long ago, I would wake up sometime in the morning I think and I have this really weird feeling of comfort around me, and I open my eyes and there was like transparent object (never looked at it long enough to make it out) that was redish and dark, and it was like moving. Since I sleep near my window the light from the moon and city would shine through it, it was very detailed.

At first I thought it was just my eyes vains or something from sleeping with thme on my pillow when they were closed but I was reminded I been sleeping on my back for the past year now insteed of my side since I figured out its easier to sleep with out twisting around side ways for an hour lol.

I would close my eyes just as I saw it though, and turn on my side and go back to bed though, I always wondered what it was, I was not scared of it didnt have any sense of fear.

NOTE: I cant be curtian but I remember it having a presence, I could feel it.

Going back like when I was 16 I would have these crazy painful awakingings where I was like awake but my mind was not working and all I could feel was a intense burning sensatoin and it went on for what seemed enternity and like it was day time, so it might of been a dream.

But then back when I was 12, my only knwon sleep walking experience I remember so vividly, I was like walking around some weird streets and stuff it was red and dark and very ghetto, and my parents were asleep woke up to me taking a shower talking to myself (yes I was in the shower with my cloths on, and water running) then I remember running over to some people and saying "omg someones dead" because someone just shot some dude in my face in the uhhh my eyes >_>. and I was in my parents room mumbling it they said, they worked alot that day so they were like whatever, and I went back to my room and I woke up next morning didnt recall anything at first untill the day went on. It was really freaking weird though, I remember later that night I remember taking a shower but the water was red lol.

I never do drugs btw, lol I never even drank a cup of alchohol in my life, to busy. I can barely even sleep these days any how.

Thats all that has happen to me.

Esq

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I had a similar experience when I was 19. I woke up in my room only to see what I percieved to be a skinny caveman wearing a loincloth. He was really skinny( you could see his ribs), he had long scraggly hair to his shoulders and the forhead of a caveman. He also spoke perfect english. Because when I asked him the question "who the # are you?", he finished the "...the # are you?" part of sentence back to me. I was so scared when I woke up I called in sick to work. I had a couple of other intsances, but never as vivid as that. It was so real. Doing a little research on the subject, I was shocked to find out that thousands of people have had similar experiences, except the caveman in their "dreams" are witches, commonly reffered to as a "night-hag". Does anyone have any more info on night-hags? I thought here would be a good place to ask someone. thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't want to scare or make this event that happend to you seem ridicules, but it has happend to A LOT of people, and they're ET or dark energy related. Maybe this could help.Some of the cases of people in there talk about the paralysis.

Cases

And the cure to this event is in there aswell.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yea I had the same thing happen to me too a few years ago, both times i was experimenting with drugs, but at the time it felt very real and hey maybe the drug just opened our senses more or it's the reaction and delusion.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
it is when angels and demons watch you sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

oOoooOooOooiiiiiIiiIIIIIiooooOOoOoOOooo

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you want to know about sleep paralysis? I'm a expert. I been geeting it since I was 5 years old and I'm now 24. I had a lot of freightening experiances, but eventually I got used to it. I probably get it a couple times a week. Normally, I get it after midnight, rarely in the day time when I sleep. I would hear voices, see ghost, devils, hands touching me, someone humping me, u name it. Whatever the imagination can think of. I learned to just ignore them because i can't escape it. I would just tell them to # off.

I develop a secret to snap out of the process. I used to move my neck to snap out of it, but it only works sometimes. Now, I learn to move my feet and it works like a charm. Try it, it might help u. But afterwards u can't sleep or u'll just fall back into the dream. But for me I just let myself back into the dream and continue to live the nightmare until it eventually goes away. It can't last forever right?

Well at least it wasn't as bad as when I was around 5 to 12 years old. My dreams actually became a reality. I would wake up and see devil, sharks, allegators, all sorts of stuff. One time i was tied to a train track and this happen when I was wide awake walking and sometimes running around the house scared. My siblings thought I was crazy, but afterwards I remember everthing. It's funny because one time I thought my brother was the devil and I ran and locked myself in the restroom to hide from him. I swear he was red with horns on him. Pretty creepy. And the funnie thing is when this happens to me my mind don't function right my brain tells me to be scare when I know if i'm awake, I would not be scared. It's like a twilight zone.

I bet u think i'm crazy, but I'm perfectly normal, it doesn't happen to me anymore. However, I still get sleep paralysis, but I got use to it and now it's not as scary anymore.

Don't be afaid. There's no ghost when this happens to u. Belive me, I live through it thousands of time.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Somone humping you?, jeez alongs if it is not the same sex im fine with that

Yes though i beleive it is common to illusion things with your mind when you sleep paralise to anything from the tweenies to the devil.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis are mysterious for me.
It's something you have to learn experiencing without fear.

I had one, few hours ago. It was really strange because 1 person started to talk to me. I didn't understand what he was talking about, my native language is Portuguese and he seemd to be talking to me in English.
It was something important, for sure and the only thing I understood was the last two words: Light Beings.
And I was in peace, was the longest and cooolest experience I had, ever.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I read the thread on sleep paralasyis and I don't believe that an evil voice whispering in your ear is the same thing as the sleep paralysis phenomena.

I think that a veil has been opened and we are seeing and experiencing things that we hadn't previously.

I would continue seeking an explaination before I settle for the S.P. one.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've been suffering from sleep paralysis for about eight years now and this doesn't really fitt he description. This almost sounds more like lucid dreaming than anything else. Still, your ordeal sounds horrifying and if it happens again, might I suggest going to the doctor. I went 2 years ago for my sleep paralysis and the prescription they gave me has helped tremendously.

Sleep paralysis is just as terrifying, though. Of course, after going to the Dr. and finding out what I ahd, it wasn't so bad from then on. Still, one has to wonder what causes sleep paralysis and why the human mind is vulnerable to it. Any thoughts or suggestions? IOs it just your sleeping mind trailing behind a suddenly awakened body or some deeper spiritual sceanrio?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That is really scary. I feel for you! I really do. Because the same thing happened to me in Florida. At 17 years old, I am now 18. I'm not sure if I typed my reptilian experience, but it was really traumatic. Basically to sum it all up I astral projected to this place, saw these reptilian hybrid things, all of a sudden I woke up but my eyes were closed. But I could still see through them, like seeing through my astral spirit as somebody else said on here!
It was completlely parylized head to toe. Couldn't move, couldn't scream. Couldn't do a thing. Well I tried to scream but the only sound that came out was "ahh" it was really raspy.
So this thing jumped on top of my bed, terrorized me, I dont' know what it was trying to do, but it was slashing it's claws at me and staring at me. I'll never forget it's smile and it's eyes. A big grin like a chesser cat.
But as soon as it got off my bed, cause the other one ran off I opened my eyes. Sat up. I was not dreaming. I saw those two reptilian things run straight through the wall and I'll never forget it. It was awful.
So I turned on the lights and looked around the room.

I am christian and I believe that what you experienced and what I experienced were similar. I have heard these type of things happen at 3 AM in the morning. Which was the time it happened to me. I am pretty sure, either that or it was 1AM when I woke up.
So, I think maybe what you heard was a demon. It wasn't the devil.

Sleep Parylsis can also be tied in with Astral Projection. I have heard things like it is your own body coming into yourself and the fear is because your body thinks it is dying, but in truth it's your own spirit returning. This is known as "Old Hag" . You freak yourself out. But I don't think mine was old hag at all. In fact I am certain it wasn't. There is obviously paranormal activity going on in Palm Beach, Jupiter. I am curious can anyone point any sources of paranormal cases in that location?

The experience I had was definetely sinister and had to deal with an underground base probably underneath the apartment. Who knows. But that is my own proof that tells me these "reptilian creatures" exist. Maybe not the shapeshifters, but the creautres definetely do. And I don't care if nobody believes me since it is rediculously ludicrous.

If you want to know the whole story u2u me. Or just ask and I'll post it here.

Oh and just to let you all know, I have no history of using drugs, none of that stuff. I don't watch any more horror movies. etc. This happened on it's own accordance.

Hey poster, I'd like to try and help you out if I can. Lets get to the bottom of this and figure out what talked to you. Actually I forgot to point out at the age of 15 or 16 I had a wierd grim reaper type experience where I astral projected once again to somewhere. And I saw my sister, but it wasn't her this thing "grim reaper type thing" was wearing a dark robe, and it had illuminated red eyes. Then it fast fowarded itself infont of me, and grabbed my wrist then roared a whispering hiss into my left ear. It was horrifying and I remember waking up from it immediately but also still heard a rushing sound in my ear. And I couldn't move for a couple seconds..

So in my life, i would say I have had two sleep paraylsis experience, but the most horrifying has got to be the reptilian one when I didn't even know what a reptilian was not did I study them or see any of David Ickes stuff.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by RavenWindfree]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenWindfree

hi i have been experiencing this for about 7 months now, it only seems to happen after i have had a big night out and a couple of nights after. it only seems to happen when im really tired. the first time it happened i was dreaming it was dark and i was inside someones house, i was stuck in a room and trying to open a door, when the door finally opened a man was standing there he put his hands on my head and then it was like someone was screaming in my head and shaking me inside, it really hurt. i woke up and my eyes were open but couldnt move or speak. it was the scariest thing ever. i know it sounds crazy but it was real. it has happened probably 3 times a month since except last night it happened about 7 times. it was horrible i couldnt sleep all night and had the strangest dreams ever. im sick of it, now im starting to hear scary laughing voices and just want it to go away. does any one know how i can stop it from happening or will it always happen?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dude i know what you are talking about ive experinced this before and still do to this day i know it will happen but i dont know when i know i may sound like im playing or messing with you but im not for some reason when this happens to me i see a green light in the room i get very frightened i try to scream for help but i cant say anything as hard as i try to fight it then i try to move but i feel some great pressure pushing on me against my bed and i cant move sometimes i try to move but my body wont let me and then i try to scream and then i hear a very evil and strange voice and it tells its aboy for some reason the voice just reapeats this 'its a boy its a boy...' i really want to talk to you or anyone whos experinced this if you read this my email adress is [email protected]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've also had a few strange experiences with this. None lately but it started about 3 year ago when I was actually at work. I was told by my boss to go keep out the way for a bit as there was nothing to do. But if his boss came he wouldnt want to see me doing nothing. So I went and sat in the canteen and fell asleep. I woke in my chair but felt myself falling off. But I couldnt stop myself. The most I could do was put all my energy forward so that my head would land on the table infront. Which it did. I didnt think too much of this at the time and the next day I was doing the same thing and it happened again. But this time the canteen door was open and I could see a silhouette standing there. Which was scaring me as I couldnt move. I felt vulnerable. I eventually woke myself and stayed awake.

Then a few weeks after this I was in bed and woke up but couldnt move. But I was on the edge of the bed and fell out slumping into a corener, where my bed meets my wall. At first I couldnt move but felt really scared! And concentrated on moving my arms to pull me back into bed, which eventually I did and got back to sleep.

This has happened quite a lot of times since then but the only difference is I can never open my eyes! Which scares the crap out of me. I start panicking and I can feel my heart pounding then eventually, its as if I go unconscious and just wake up from it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join