It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Iowa: that will teach the Iranians a lesson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Optimally, the first strike would consist of commando strikes on silos or suspected silos for nuclear weapons, using airstrikesto quicly neutralize artillery positions and then go missile hunting if need be. Claiming that the fifty miles north of the DMZ would look like the moon would be an understatement, but those artillery pieces would do almost as much damage as a nuke. And, to be frank, a sixteen-inch shell with pinpoint accuracy is the best thing to root out dug-in pieces.

DE

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Defending Seoul is a waste of time, people, and materials. It is so close to the border a mobile force can be across the border in a couple of hours.
While I dont think this would be made public, I believe one of the strategys will be to trade space and Seoul for time...to regroup. Any responsible Government would have made these plans from the start. They are just to close to the border.

Actually, it's the Joint Chiefs who make the decisions.

If the North Koreans decide to climb the barbed-wire fence out of their paddock to check if the grass really is greener on the other side, then supreme command of the RoK military instantly devolves to the local US theatre commander.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Defending Seoul is a waste of time, people, and materials. It is so close to the border a mobile force can be across the border in a couple of hours.
While I dont think this would be made public, I believe one of the strategys will be to trade space and Seoul for time...to regroup. Any responsible Government would have made these plans from the start. They are just to close to the border.

Actually, it's the Joint Chiefs who make the decisions.

If the North Koreans decide to climb the barbed-wire fence out of their paddock to check if the grass really is greener on the other side, then supreme command of the RoK military instantly devolves to the local US theatre commander.

I dont think we are quite talking about the same thing.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The ship is only used for a mind game in this scenario. Like flexing muscles.

During conflicts, surveillance satellites spy on every single airstrip in Iran. We will know when every aircraft takes off.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
teach the iranian a lesson ? what an arrogant statement coming from a civilian. everyone knew the amount of lies and propaganda spouted by US goverment and its minions but hearing this coming from a civilian ? that saddening because it seems so many people in US already drank the goverment kool aid and think america got the rights to destory every nation in the world in a whim.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mrmonsoon
true her big guns have a shorter range but the tomahawks take up the slack during the gulf war a iowa class ship of the coast of isreal launched its psayload into iraq minus the nuclear payload of coarse

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Lol angry over an 8 year old post get over yourself

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Yeah the best part is he doesn't even know that the iowa has been moored as a museum in the long beach harbor right across from all the disney and carneval cruise ships (which dwarf her btw) for about two years now. You can go on tours of her. The floor planking is all ripped up and under repair. except fr the super structure the rest of the ship is off limits. Would love to have seen her engines when I went on a tour a few months back.

Bt to be truthful the Iowa is still one impressive ship. They don't build them like they used to thats for sure. She has massively thick armor and bulkheads. And she was fast. When you go on the tour they have arrows painted on the side of her super structure here and there. I noticed an arrow painted on the side of her superstructure just below the bridge. pointing to a little softball sized dent. I ask one of the volunteers working the tour (an ex crew member) "whats that?" He goes oh thats when the Iowa got hit by an artillary round from the koreans. Bounced off the hull and landed on the deck catching fire. Some crew members just came up with some fire extinguishers and put out the little part of the burnt decking. Those massive guns were so powerful when they went off that crew couldn't be on deck anymore after an incident where a camera man documenting the cannons firing (from a presumed safe distance on the deck) had all the buttons on his jacket torn off from the shock wave. He didn't do so good either. She's one big bad mean ass ship. And anybody would S#&$ a brick if she sailed their way. especially now with all the tomahawks and other assorted missiles. She's also pretty darned fast and manueverable. Still would give most navies a problem if she sailed again.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the old battleships are obsolete.
the 16" guns were accurate to about .5 MOA

There are missiles the US uses that are accurate to .0000005 Moa.
and at ranges of 500+ miles.
imageshack.us...

Old battleships are slow and take to big of crew to operate.

They take too much fuel.

It would be better to build a missile ship half the size with a large missile battery and nuclear powered.
for armor use the Chobham type multilayer composite armor system used on the M1 Abrams tank instead of solid steel.
and with a very short low superstructure.
The less ship above water the harder to see or hit.

And fill unneeded spaces with foam like they did for USS Washtenaw County MSS-2

They would also need to change from Phalanx CIWS to Goalkeeper CIWS with the GAU-8 gun found on the A-10 warthog.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
There's a good reason american goverment retired these behemoths.

they are useless in modern naval combat when a single missile or torpedo from iranian navy can destroy it no matter how thick the armour of this beast. And this beast will also useless in persian gulf since it is too big to maneuver in it.

and it is foolish for US navy to put ships in the persian gulf when the iranian can easily destroy the US naval ships by unrestricted mining campaign and countless kamikaze / suicide motorboats by holy warriors of Iran and endless salvos of Anti Ship Missiles from iranian coast while denying the airspace from US planes by activating the SA300 SAM all around the coastline.

The war against Iran will be an eye opener for those who were lulled by the US military superiority myth. The destruction of US Naval Fleet in Persian Gulf along with the Oil Refineries there will ignite war in the region and destroy the world's economy.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

If you f*** with us we will Libya your ass we dont need one soul to shut you down.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Russia has underwater torpedoes that can travel around 500MPH and super stealth aircraft that are able to block all of our detection systems.

On the bright side...well there is no bright side!

We also have ultra super secret weapons, but they won't be used until after many of our men have been killed.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley

If you f*** with us we will Libya your ass we dont need one soul to shut you down.

if american cannot even defeat Syria's goverment troops then it would be impossible to even attack the proud iranian people.

you forgot that in a war , it is the side with high morale and greater will that will won the war , just like the Vietnamese heroes who kicked out defeated american military.

heck the underarmed freedom fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan both kicked the americans out of their country..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

When you dig your head out of your behind and realise the truth than comeback. Your dellusions are irelevant. You are irelevant. Iran is irelevant. You loom at the world like a video game . Dont light that cigar till the fat lady sings. I can tell you are a young person whom is so impressionable that if they told you, you could kill the whole world if you tried you would believe it. Im speaking to a child. Kerp your irelevant rhetoric to yourself.

Look up rhetoric, i know you don't know what it means. Its is every work you speak. Without substance. Without value.
edit on 15-7-2014 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

When you dig your head out of your behind and realise the truth than comeback. Your dellusions are irelevant. You are irelevant. Iran is irelevant. You loom at the world like a video game . Dont light that cigar till the fat lady sings. I can tell you are a young person whom is so impressionable that if they told you, you could kill the whole world if you tried you would believe it. Im speaking to a child. Kerp your irelevant rhetoric to yourself.

Look up rhetoric, i know you don't know what it means. Its is every work you speak. Without substance. Without value.

Denial.. the last refugee of the incapable..

Iran is a great nation filled with great people. It is a suicide for USA to try attack Iran overtly. It would be wise for USA to attack Iran covertly , like the current CIA Trained and Saudi funded ISIS the 'fake' terrorist used to pull Iran into regional war.

I am saddened , today so many americans are losing their ground in reality especially the young people. they lap up the US goverment propaganda and they really believe all the lies about American Exceptionallism and American Military superiority.. These deceived people was lead into war after war killing multitude of innocent civilians in many countries and bring suffering into untold number of innocents. What even more saddening is that some american still believed they bring 'liberty' and 'democracy' and 'freedom' in other nations and what their goverment doing is RIGHT.

Where is the great american thinkers of yesteryears ?

I rest my case

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo yes rest yourn" case of beer that you stole from your father. Your words have no meaning im denying your ignorance to the greatest of my ability. Only if i could see your face when your country succumbs to your cultures idiocracy. We wont need to do much to you because you will destroy yourselves. GuarAntee patriotic child. Revel in the false beliefs your "elders" force you to believe. Your country is surrounded by the mistakes of your culture. You will suffocate from it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

a reply to: milomilo yes rest yourn" case of beer that you stole from your father. Your words have no meaning im denying your ignorance to the greatest of my ability. Only if i could see your face when your country succumbs to your cultures idiocracy. We wont need to do much to you because you will destroy yourselves. GuarAntee patriotic child. Revel in the false beliefs your "elders" force you to believe. Your country is surrounded by the mistakes of your culture. You will suffocate from it.

i dont even understand why you so full of hate ? i think you should back down and start thinking in clear headed way. The only logical result from American overt attack to Iran will be a regional war with horrible impact to world economy, namely the flow of oil from persian gulf will be stopped by the war.

Seek some sense and drop your 'american exceptionalism' belief that made you think it is ok to kill people from other nations just because you are from america. The only thing america will reap from this evil 'american exceptionalism' will be a massive WMD suprise attack in american soil by the russians and the chinese. Expect no help from EU as they will be on the sidelines and will side with the victor , certainly not America as it is bankrupt and will experience economic disaster in the near future because of Dollar Collapse.

America is like the woman who is riding the beast while drunk on the wine of suffering of the world. The beast will turn on the woman and devoured her.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join