It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Cheated On My Girlfriend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ok, first I have to ask.....why is she your girlfriend if you don't have that much in common? What ever happened to dating in order to get to know someone first? Why do people feel that you automatically have to hook up right away?

Secondly, I think cheating on someone is so selfish. Everybody knows how much it hurts the other person. And to put someone through that is just plain selfish. And I don't feel there is any excuse for it. If you want to break up with someone that's fine. I don't think it's fair to use that as an excuse for cheating though. You should have broken up first.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Is your GF hot?

if you decide to end it....tell her i can step in and soften the 'blow'....sort of 'comfort' her whilst were both naked.

no,...its my pleasure.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Anyone else digg this story:
digg.com...

??

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Firstly, i hope she doesnt have ATS

hahaha...

anyway, what cheating act did you commit???

a kiss, sex???

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Firstly, why are so many people getting personally combative over the actions of someone who has nothing to do with you? Imposing your own personal issues or rocky relationship history on a situation you know little to nothing about is illogical. Take a step back and think about it.

Secondly, telling him not to cheat is a little late to harp on now. Do try to keep up with the bouncing ball and sing along.

When you enter into an exclusive relationship with someone, you basically enter a contract with understood rules and guidelines. You broke those rules by cheating, thus you broke the contract. When trust is gone it can never be fully constructed because once you prove that you can do something (and get away with it), it only becomes easier to do it a second time. The contract is broken and so is the deal.

Why did you do it, I cannot say. Perhaps it was a subconscious way to set in stone the end to the relationship from your point of view. For as you said, it was not going well in general.

To tell or not to tell? What do you care about most? Is it a release of your guilt by telling her? In such a case you unload your burden onto her. To break up is a rejection, to cheat a betrayal. How many stones should she carry?

There is no clear-cut answer here. As I see it the relationship is over. Now do you choose to be either selfish or dishonest? Either way you do not win, but the question is what do you choose to live with?

The choice is yours. The only suggestion I would advise is to decide sooner then later for the sake of everyone involved. Both her and you.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's my two cents.

I was engaged, once upon a time, to a girl with Bipolar Disorder. We suffered through her suicide attempts, treatment, two car wrecks, and two blow knees. I thought the world of her throughout the duration of our relationship.

We began fighting - for the most part - because I was having trouble dealing with her "mood shifts," and it was making things harder on me.

At a point, I did cheat on her, with a woman who had no mental condition. Soon after, I left her for this "hidden woman," as she called her. I told her what I had done, and it tore us both apart, though I felt that the relationship had become one in which we just "went through the motions."

So, we went our separate ways, after a few months of screaming and yelling at one another, until the "hidden woman" and I decided mutally to end our fling. It was at that point that I realized my utter mistake.

I did love Baby-Girl, and I wanted her back.

So, here I am now, trying to convince her that my mistake was a one-timer.

The point I am trying to make is, regardless of what you did, make absolutely damn sure that, if you make the decision to terminate your relationship with her that you won't regret the decision later. I sure did.

My suggestion would be to go ahead and confess to her that you did cheat on her. Without making any judgments against you for something I have done myself, to tell her is the most mature thing to do in such an instance. It is the most fair to HER, and YOU won't have any skeletons in the closet.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Anyone else digg this story:
digg.com...

That's excellent. I have to figure out how to use that digg thing. FUNNY! And true.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Faint

If I had to guess, I'd say you were young. Don't take that as a slam. But when you're young is when you should be having fun, growing up, meeting all kinds of people. Very very few people are ready for a deep relationship at that age.

It's too late to talk about that, tho. The cheating has to stop. You're having sex with every person that person ever had sex with, so watch out for STD's.

More importantly, you're working on building your character, your future "you". You don't want to be considered untrustworthy.

Don't beat yourself up over it - many have cheated, nobody is perfect. But don't continue to hurt her. She knows it's coming. Let her down easy, like a man.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Faint

...don't continue to hurt her. She knows it's coming. Let her down easy, like a man.

For God's sake, don't tell her. Sure confession is good for the soul, but you've already confessed... to us. Now do some pennance man. Like jso says, let her down easy and don't continue to hurt her.

If it's amiable enough, you might just remain the best of friends. And when you do find your forever soul-mate, she'll know to step aside.

What gives me hope is when you said that she did something that really touched you. Hope for you, that you have a good heart and will know what to do that is right.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join