It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Cheated On My Girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Alright , Last night i cheated on my gf ....Yes i know shame on me etc....

But i want to break up with my gf , but she is highly deprssed and going to therpy as i type this...And iam afraid that if i break up with her she will get more deprssed, but iam also afraid if she finds out i cheated on her she'l get even more deprssed

And if i break up with her everyone will think i only broke up with her cause she is deprssed and belive me iam not that scabby

Please help!!!!! :shk:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Make a sacrifice, and care for this girl. She obviously needs it.

And yes, shame on you for cheating!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Shame on you for cheating. BTW - Why are you breaking up? Is it because you are incompatable or because you are embarrassed by her therapy? (selfish!)

Either way ... you should have broken up first and then gone out with someone else.

Make the commitment or get the heck out.

If you want to break up then break up. She doesn't need a fraud hanging around 'helping' her. Beat it buddy!!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I dont agree, why should he sacrifice his happiness to make her feel a little better?

Faint obviously doesnt want to be with her or he wouldnt of cheated, why should he stay with her out of guilt??

And if hes not happy she will pick up on this and it wouldnt work anyway!!

Yes cheating is bad, But Faint happens to be a very good friend of mine and he is most certainly not a bad person!

Faint I think you should just do what makes you happy, don't be guilt tripped into staying with somebody you don't want to be with or you could hurt her more!

Mwahs xx

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
No no no no..I have no problem with her therpy , its just basicly were not good togther ,not much incommon and stuff like that

And do you think i went out last nigth with the intention of cheating?...no!

This is gona sound liek a clichie (sp?) ..But she came on to me lol, and it wasnt a spontainous thing either i thought long and hard ......And i do feel F@ing bad iam some emotionless S.O.B

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
But you just did that because she is depressed?
C'mon man, in the first place you shouldn't have done, you know it because you created this topic.

Second, taking depression apart, ask yourself if you really love her.

And finally, if you care about or love her, sit down and talk. It's the best thing you can do, depressed people usually have a reason for being this way, start to seek her problem, get over depression with her.

Depression it's just a rock in your "stairway to happiness", I've faced depression many times and I know how hard is to get over, but once you get over it the reward is so big that I can't put into words.

I hope my post help you in someway.

[]s!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
First I'd just like to say, welcome to the club (unless this wasn't your first time), I think all men have done it, at one point or another...

Now, I think you should think it through, ask yourself if you really love her, and if staying by her now will be worth it, if the answer to either of those two is no, then it's time to find someone else.

But IMO is will look bad if people find out you cheated before you broke up with her, not to mention that it wont do much to help her condition.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
about hurting the one person that does love you the most? Do her a favor and tell her so she know of your misdeed now. Give her an out so she won't be stuck with a cheater and not know it. You make me sick

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

about hurting the one person that does love you the most?

While I'm not defending cheating I have to ask does you GF/BF really "love" you that much? I've not had a GF so far that I "loved", don't get me wrong they meant something but not that.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Faint,

Don't cheat on your girlfriend.

That being said......

Been there, done that. You obviously want out so get out. Get out now. Do not stay with her because you pity her. Her troubles -- believe you me -- stem from sense of a lack of independence. She feeds on acceptance of her own failure, not on success. All she will ever strive for is pity and "understanding". She will suck you dry. Get the @#$% out at the earliest possible opportunity.

She will accuse you of abandoning her. She will try to browbeat you into "working" on your "relationship". But, my young friend, she is wrong and, deep down, she realizes it.

She will survive. Oh, boy, will she survive. You don't need this crap.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just break up with her. There is no “good time” to break up with someone.

What do you think will make here feel worse? Getting dumped or getting cheated on?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just dump her. And who cares if you cheated. I don't know you or her, so don't listen to all these high and mighty people here on the boards call you names and the such.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Firstly ...ConstantlyWondering...(hi)

Secondly, me and my gf have talked...she dosnt know i cheated on her...but what she said to me touched my heart in a way i cant explain ...iam gona stay with her...and iam gona help her any way i can..

And yes i do feel (really) bad for what i did

MOD EDIT: Do not circumvent the censors. Do not insult members.

[edit on 9/24/06/24 by junglejake]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And I just want to add: No, do NOT tell her you cheated on her. This information will NOT NOT NOT make the break-up "easier on her". It will only make it worse. Insult to injury. Don't try to offer a reason for her to say "good riddance". She will not recognize it.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm glad you talked to her, understand the problem is the answer, always!

It's important also to know that it won't be easy, depression is like a rollercoaster, have it's highs and lows, it sucks a lot but it's also wonderful, I discovered myself in many ways when I was facing depression.

I'm sure, if I get over depression alone quite fast, you can help her get over it 2x fast!

If you need anything, some advice, etc, just ask or send me an U2U.
Good luck, you'll need it!

[]s!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
On Cheating

IMHO the only time cheating is acceptable is if your partner has cut you off (started deliberately withholding sex) or your sex life together has otherwise stagnated, e.g. people not returning phone calls etc.... because everyone has the right to have a fun and active sex life.

"Extracurricular activity", partying and experimenting is something a couple should always do together instead of behind each others backs....

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know it's old and cliche, but just be truthfull, to yourself and to her. If you feel that you need to break up with her, then do so, but be honest when you talk to her. Maybe the best thing to do is let her know that the relationship is not working out, but you will be there for her, through the hard times and the good times.

Judging from your posts, it seems pretty clear that she is a special person in your life, so telling her you will be there for her would be true, and you would be saying it from the heart.

It may hurt, and it may hurt for a long time, but in the end, I think that both of you will eventually find comfort that you cared enough to tell the truth. And from truth comes freindship, which sometimes is more powerful than 'boyfriend - girlfriend'.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just.. wow.

Your girlfriend is having problems, seeking help for them, and during that time you cheat on her and want to end the relation#. However, because she said something that touched your heart, you are basically giving HER a second chance and aren't breaking up with her, all the while her not knowing how you completely took advantage of her trust in you and introduced yourself to another sexual partner.

If you are having sex with this current girlfriend, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to tell her that you exposed yourself to another girl and all that that MIGHT entail (Including the possibility of an STD, pregnancy, whatever.) With protection, the odds are slim, but it is STILL something that should be told to your girlfriend so SHE can make an informed decision on whether or not she wants to take the risk of staying with YOU.

I ain't gonna finger wag you anymore, but its just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
MOD EDIT: Removed offensive content, left the rest.

[edit on 9/24/06/24 by junglejake]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faint
Firstly ...ConstantlyWondering... [vulgarity removed]

Secondly, me and my gf have talked...she dosnt know i cheated on her...but what she said to me touched my heart in a way i cant explain ...iam gona stay with her...and iam gona help her any way i can..

And yes i do feel fooking unholyly bad for what i did anyone preaching to me about how much of a scumbag iam can go play with themselfs

BTS, or not:
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join