It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to probe bin Laden death report leak

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   

France's Defense Ministry said on Saturday a secret service report saying al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had died could not be confirmed but said it would launch an inquiry into the leak of secret documents.

source

They are probing the leak of secret documents, but exactely what have they done to probe whether he is actually dead or not? and have they shared this info?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I read about this on

news.yahoo.com...

French paper says bin Laden died in Pakistan

PARIS (Reuters) - A French regional newspaper quoted a French secret service report on Saturday as saying that Saudi Arabia is convinced that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan last month.

"According to a usually reliable source, the Saudi services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead," the document said.

Heres whats upsetting about all of this. We are here on the ats talking about this. Its showed up on places online and yet Cnn and Fox has not said anything about this that I have heard of. Our news source sucks.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well I just saw a news headline on an arabic cable channel, ART, about an hour ago reporting that he is dead.
Haven't found anything on the net yet tho and will scour the other arab news channels ... perhaps they are prepping the 'official story' for us in the western worlds lol

If it is true I find it interesting that today it is the first day of Ramadan in some parts of the word.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It'd be nice if the French report is true, but I'm not holding my breath. These terrorists seem to have 9 lives...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

U.S. cannot confirm bin Laden death report: official

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government is unable to confirm a French newspaper report that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is believed to have died last month in Pakistan, a U.S. counterterrorism official said on Saturday.

We cannot confirm the account," said the official, who declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the issue. "It's quite possible (that) there was some talk of this, but in terms of being able to confirm this, that I can't do."

The French regional daily L'Est Republicain reported that, according to a French secret service report, Saudi Arabia was convinced that bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan in late August. The French government has said it could not confirm the report and would investigate the intelligence leak

The U.S. State Department had no immediate comment and was looking into the reports.

heres some more information on it. man it would be nice if the hunt was over with.
wonder if these means our men can come back home from over there.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

They are probing the leak of secret documents, but exactely what have they done to probe whether he is actually dead or not?

they should be doing both. Probe their security leak and find out if the freak is dead or not. Hopefully he is dead and in hell where he belongs.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
wonder if these means our men can come back home from over there.

that won't happen for some years, even with changes of goverment it will still take numerous years to sort out the mess the current administration have gotten us into

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I ask you, what difference NOW does it make if he's alive or dead? IMO, he's been long dead, but since so many conspiracies persist, they are being forced to come forward with something....

What if he's dead? Nothing. They'll say Mohamid Gonnagetya is the new leader.

What if he's alive? Nothing. He cant be found..or they refuse to find him.

This is neither here nor there.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Errr.. when was the last bin Laden audio tape released? Wasn't it this month and confirmed to be both current and his voice? Gotta go look...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
He's been sending messages

from the grave- it happens.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
But, where is the body? I want pictures!

Honestly, I don't think this is real, since they told us once (back in 2001) that he was dead.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Alive! Dead! Alive! Dead! Alive! Dead! Dying! Alive! Dead!

Got to give hope to the proles that Goldstein is dead for all to trumpet his death to, and to stand over a vanquished enemy.

But then Goldstein shall rise again, be it by one name or another, to keep the populace in a state of fear and under control and to show what monsters bogeymen are, enemies of state to vent a few minutes anger at, the masses united in hate.

Read 1984 by Orwell.

Tells you all you need to know.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Couldn't have said it better myself, Tunin.

What would the War on Terror be without the evilest of all the evils? Every now and then we get to see a message directly broadcasted from Cave I, claiming more attack will come for the last two years.

Imagine a war on terror without Bin Laden...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just to let you know Fox news & MSNBC news channels are both reporting a French newspaper leaked a story about UBL's death. Time will tell if he really dead.

"The chief of Al Qaeda was a victim of a severe typhoid crisis while in Pakistan on August 23, 2006," the document says. His geographic isolation meant that medical assistance was impossible, the French report said, adding that his lower limbs were allegedly paralyzed.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
omg, this is pathetic cnn just came across claiming breaking news about this.
How sad for cnn so late on this news it is ridiculous. Thats why i joined the ats a couple years ago cause there is so much information to be learned from here. you cant count on local or cnn news they are slow.....

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Of course, since there are so many pre recorded messages by the long dead Osama ready to air.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Over the last few weeks, more and more propaganda in the style of "Bin Laden is planing bigger strikes on America" has been published.

Offcource the US muppet media isn't going to say hes dead, it'll screw up their entire PR campaign!

Read my sig and know that all this touting about Bin Laden in the media over the last few weeks was nothing more then Bush trying to get a better approval rating.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Time to shift the purpose of evil and terror to someone else!!!

Whether the story is true or not, its old and worn out and people wont believe it anymore!!!

NEXT

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Over the last few weeks, more and more propaganda in the style of "Bin Laden is planing bigger strikes on America" has been published.

Offcource the US muppet media isn't going to say hes dead, it'll screw up their entire PR campaign!

Read my sig and know that all this touting about Bin Laden in the media over the last few weeks was nothing more then Bush trying to get a better approval rating.

Defintely some people will not appreciate this French ''accident'', though I won't think it will prevent anyone from executing another terrorist attack on US soil.

You have voted France for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Time to shift the purpose of evil and terror to someone else!!!

Whether the story is true or not, its old and worn out and people wont believe it anymore!!!

NEXT

After the recent revalations about America threatening to bomb Pakistan into the stoneage, any bets on them being the next members of the axis of evil?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join