It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America going to war with Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Woohoo! Thanks Homer.. doh! ..Agent_T

Amen to that. If every one of those SOB's spent a single week as a normal person in their countries and got to feel what it's like to be screwed over by government, the world would change overnight.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
If every one of those SOB's spent a single week as a normal person in their countries ...

You just gave me a great idea...

Ok I already have one ''when I rule the world thread'''BUT..

WHEN I rule the world.. before I appoint any country leaders to their positions I am going to make them live for 6 months with every major culture in the world..
NO special conditions
NO get out clauses
NONE of their homeland cultures

They have to learn how to live with everyone else or die trying.. ONLY THEN will they pass my test and earn the position of national vice president.. answerable to me of course

EDIT ''WHOOPS, COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC ,SORRY GUYS''

[edit on 24-9-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Xmen, you have said it wonderfully.

People think that Russia and China will stand up for these countries. But one thing I have to give to these governments, they aren't STUPID. They will take "friendship" with the US and Europe anyday over Iran. And Russia and China both do not like Islamic fundamentalism, look at their history of dealing with them. Seriously, people spout a lot of nonsense on here.

Kind of like China's 200 million man army

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The English Speaking Alliance is holding firm as always. The Iranian threat will have to be dealt with at some point. Its not a question of if but when. I speak for the typical Brit and believe me we are behind our big baby (USA) 100%. Forget those polls, we know where the terror comes from and the main pillar of the axix of evil will be erased at some point soon.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by English Speaking Alliance
I speak for the typical Brit and believe me we are behind our big baby (USA) 100%.

lol I thought that was funny. The truth is though, modern America is Europe's "child" so to speak. I believe the same people have their hands in each country/continent, and I believe in every war and conflict the US and Europe will be together for the most part. Even if Americans and Europeans don't like each other so much all the time. But we are together nonetheless. I mean, hell, I have family in Europe right now

[edit on 24-9-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
An Iranian History Lesson for you [insult removed] American's.mad:

We Had a Democracy Once, But You Crushed It

Source
That was 50 years ago, in August 1953.

That's when Mossadegh was fed up with the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company -- now BP -- pumping Iran's oil and shipping the profits back home to the United Kingdom.

And Mossadegh said -- hey, this is our oil, I think we'll keep it.

And Winston Churchill said -- no you won't.

Mossadegh nationalized the company -- the way the British were nationalizing their own vital industries at the time.

But what's good for the UK ain't good for Iran.

If you fly out of Dulles Airport in Virginia, ever wonder what the word Dulles means?

It stands for the Dulles family -- Secretary of State John Foster Dulles and his brother, the CIA director, Allen Dulles.

They were responsible for the overthrow of the democratically elected leader of Iran.

As was President Theodore Roosevelt's grandson, Kermit Roosevelt, the CIA agent who traveled to Iran to pull off the coup.

Now why should we be concerned about a coup that happened so far away almost 50 years ago this month?

New York Times reporter Stephen Kinzer puts it this way:

"It is not far-fetched to draw a line from Operation Ajax through the Shah's repressive regime and the Islamic revolution to the fireballs that engulfed the World Trade Center in New York."

Kinzer has written a remarkable new book, All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror (Wiley, 2003).

In it, he documents step by step, how Roosevelt, the Dulles boys and Norman Schwarzkopf Sr., among a host of others, took down a democratically elected regime in Iran.

They had freedom of the press. We shut it down.

They had democracy. And we crushed it.

Mossadegh was the beacon of hope for the Middle East.

If democracy were allowed to take hold in Iran, it probably would have spread throughout the Middle East.

We asked Kinzer “what does the overthrow of Mossadegh say about the United States respect for democracy abroad?”

"Imagine today what it must sound like to Iranians to hear American leaders tell them – ‘We want you to have a democracy in Iran, we disapprove of your present government, we wish to help you bring democracy to your country.' Naturally, they roll their eyes and say -- "We had a democracy once, but you crushed it,'" he said. "This shows how differently other people perceive us from the way we perceive ourselves. We think of ourselves as paladins of democracy. But actually, in Iran, we destroyed the last democratic regime the country ever had and set them on a road to what has been half a century of dictatorship."

After ousting Mossadegh, the United States put in place a brutal Shah who destroyed dissent and tortured the dissenters.

And the Shah begat the Islamic revolution.

During that Islamic revolution in 1979, Iranians held up Mossadegh's picture, telling the world “ we want a democratic regime that resists foreign influence and respects the will of the Iranian people as expressed through democratic institutions.”

"They were never able to achieve that. And this has led many Iranians to react very poignantly to my book," Kaizer told us. "One woman sent me an e-mail that said ‘I was in tears when I finished your book because it made me think of all we lost and all we could have had.'"

Of course, the overthrow of Mossadegh was only one of the first U.S. coups of democratically elected regime.

And the next time a politician talks about spreading democracy around the globe, ask them about Mohammed Mossadegh in Iran, Patrice Lumumba in the Congo, and Jacobo Arbenz in Guatemala.

The Iranian people will bring about Democracy again when there ready. They've done it once and they shall do it again if left to there own devices. To force the will of a corrupt American Government onto Iranians is an injustice.

Lets face it, American Foreign Policy sucks more than a Dyson Hoover.
:

[edit: to add appropriate external source tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/25/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great post kindred really great, its a highly informative post, that will hopefully open the eyes of those outthere who only know what the current news tells them and nothing of the real history. That america has been a thorn in irans side since discovery of oil.

They say money is the root of all evil, but the more research is done it seems that oil is the root of all the worlds problems.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The English Speaking Alliance is holding firm as always. The Iranian threat will have to be dealt with at some point. Its not a question of if but when. I speak for the typical Brit and believe me we are behind our big baby (USA) 100%. Forget those polls, we know where the terror comes from and the main pillar of the axix of evil will be erased at some point soon.

speak for yourself, no one else.

I do not know of one single person who supports the US government in anything. The major axis of evil is the US as they have proved time and time again over recent years.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We share for the most part the same economy, culture, legal system, language, and righteous history. The English Speaking Alliance is one

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You're a typical weak kneed liberal southener, you don't speak for me and you don't speak for many in England's North. You may be under the influence of accepting a fascist musi gov't that will threaten you with nukes, not me and not many of my bretheren. To me you are quite simply FRENCH!

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I dont think there is any need to insult people here, people are intitled to their views and opinions irespective of what other people think of those views, if you cannot enter into a rational debate without resorting to insults then you should keep your opinions to yourself.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
As a Brit too, I would disagree that the majority of us are behind any more US led wars.

I can't speak for everyone in the UK, like you claim to be able to, but I personally think that we have absolutely no right to invade other countries as we are doing. These countries are not attacking us, just a few idiots who happen to live there live there.

Pre-emptive war means invading someone, that is not defence, its attack.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Get out of Iraq Alive?
For the most cogent study of America and the War on Terror, I recommend a book by Brian Jenkins, "Unconquerable Nation: Knowing Our Enemy Strengthening Ourselves"

The author's introduction is on CSpan2 at 3 AM, Monday, Sept. 25.

Or listen to him via Quck-time anytime, at this website:
www.booktv.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A reminder to ALL members posting in this thread

The insults and personal attacks STOP NOW!

The topic of discussion is America going to war with Iran .

This is Not a discussion of other members, nor their political alliance.

Please keep your response focused on the topic of discussion, otherwise DO NOT POST!

It really is that simple.

Now, back to the topic of discussion:
America going to war with Iran

[edit on 9/24/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
From what I understand, the Bush administration recently implemented a 'shoot first, ask questions later' policy on terrorism response. They plan on attacking Iran immediately following a major terror attack on US soil, regardless of who is responsible for the attack. All they need to do is engineer another false-flag 'terrorist attack' like the 9-11 massacre and they will have their pretext for war against Iran.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I say bomb them back to the stone age. Its only a matter of time before they have or launch a nuke at someone. They are fanatics. "convert or die" IS the arab way. I wish we gave the jews the green light to wipe out every peice of military stuff they had. We need to keep them throwing stones and sticks at people instead of nukes. If this keeps going on it could lead to WW3. We need to nip this one in the bud

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
I say bomb them back to the stone age. Its only a matter of time before they have or launch a nuke at someone. They are fanatics. "convert or die" IS the arab way. I wish we gave the jews the green light to wipe out every peice of military stuff they had. We need to keep them throwing stones and sticks at people instead of nukes. If this keeps going on it could lead to WW3. We need to nip this one in the bud

I think Israel already has the green light - and since there is no peace treaty between the USA and Israel, they can pretty much do anything they can afford to anyway. But you really should not be saying "Give the Jews the Green Light" because Israeli foreign policy and the "Jewish people" are not necessary a single entity. And to bomb innocent men woman and children (before may be they get us first) is not what Jesus Christ, Moses or any decent human being would teach us to do, don't you agree?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You're a typical weak kneed liberal southener, you don't speak for me and you don't speak for many in England's North. You may be under the influence of accepting a fascist musi gov't that will threaten you with nukes, not me and not many of my bretheren. To me you are quite simply FRENCH!

Get back to me when you've reached puberty. You wont last long here with your ignorance and childishness.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a very significant part of the american population at the very least 40% even in the most biased surveys is not wit htis adminsitration and its war mongering ways.

As a jewish person I would like you to know that there is a difference in politics views and thoughts of the world. So know that jewish people as a whole and isreal though same in religion and many cultural aspects are not the same politically or socialy.

Attaking any country in anticipation because they may one day attak you is no differetn then going to your neighbor who buys handguns and killing him because one day he want to attak you and has said he like to kick your ass.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cino....You are correct about jesus but let me say just this. I don't have a problem with Iran, Iran has a problem with me. They threaten not only my family, my friends, my neighbors, they threaten my way of life. If I was from Iran I would prolly be hating America but I'm not from Iran, I'm from the U.S.A. I say bomb anything they have that can hurt us here, or any American in the middle east. Has nothing to do with Jesus or religion. Its Better them than Me.
Flat out Better don't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join