It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut collapses twice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That must have been one heck of a trip Atlantis went on.As it left one woman feeling like this.

(CNN)-HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- An astronaut from the space shuttle Atlantis collapsed twice Friday during a welcome home ceremony, a wobbly return that officials attributed to the adjustment from 12 days at zero gravity.

www.cnn.com...

Link to video here
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Black_Fox]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm sure that's not an uncommon response to returning to earth after a visit to weightlessness. I remember one night in Vietnam after an amphibious landing experiencing vertigo (or something similar) when the sun went down and I had no visual point of reference. It's just unfortunate that it happened on national TV.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Is there any history of this happening to other astronauts? Is it only happening to her? These people are examined up and down after they return from space. Why is this happening to her?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Who the heck knows what sort of probes the aliens put the astronauts through up there?

Seriously...if she were feeling woozy after the mission, I don't think she would have been sent home just yet.

new topics

top topics

join