It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God say girls wear pink, boys wear blue, NO Frills!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Recently i was thinking about a time this past summer i was visiting my old home and was invited by my Grandma to Church, it was the church i was raised in most of my life but i later left due to differences. So out of respect and to spend some time with Family, i went to what was a tuesday night bible study, my grand mother had made special prayer hankys, and wanted me and my cousin to have one but in order to do so we had to go to the front of the alter and have the hanky prayed over by the pastor. When i reached the front with my cousin whom was a girl, the pastor offer her the pretty white hanky with pink frills croceted around it, then moved the tray to me for me to choose. I had a variety to choose from, solid white, or pink , green or blue frills croceted ( the ones which my grandma made, and i wanted more for sentimental value) well i choose the blue frills, he grabed it out of my hand and replaced it with the solid white saying that this was the one men received. Shocked! I did nothing.

Did God tell him that this was the only color men could have?

I was insulted and shocked and wouldn't have botherded going up, this just shows me how ignorant soceity can be having nothing to do with God.

How shallow!!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
maybe he wanted to keep the blue frilly one for himself. he is, after all, a priest.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 22:5. A woman shall not be clothed with man's apparel, neither shall a man use woman's apparel: for he that doth these things is abominable before God.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't think this had anything to do with God or is by any means a conspiracy in religion. I think it's just an old fashioned pastor (and rude one at that). I am unfamiliar with prayer hankys. Does everybody bring a hanky up to the front to be blessed and he just gives them out willy nilly or were they all the ones your grandma made and you just didn't get the one you wanted? If you didn't get one of your grandma's you should have just told him that those were ones she made for you and you wanted one of those.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unright
Deuteronomy 22:5. A woman shall not be clothed with man's apparel, neither shall a man use woman's apparel: for he that doth these things is abominable before God.

So God hates cross dressers?

Think about that the next time you put on your wifes panties.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hope you put your faith in God and not some hanky,thats extremely weird.

What do they think? that a hanky thats been prayed for(which is absurd in its self) is going to have special powers!?

Blow your nose on it,thats its purpose.

I`m sure your Grandma is a nice lady,tell her to just give them out as gifts if she wants to do nice things for people,but drop the rest.

As far as the blue and pink issue,i have no idea where those colors came to represent sex`s,but i`ll guarantee you that if a women wears blue or a man pink it means nothing.To suggest otherwise is incredibly silly.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unright

Problem is who is the fashion designer...remember they were origianlly naked.
They werent made in the garden with the latest fashion.

So that argument is quite irrelevant...who has it right, the Scots in the kilts (dresses).
This verse goes to show how irrelevant most of the Bible is, or rather used to control and make others push control on their fellow.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Raven
Did God tell him that this was the only color men could have?

Clearly not. Did he say so though? Maybe there were enough pink ones for the girls and blue ones for the boys, and they didn't want any boys to get stuck with a frilly pink hanky.

I was insulted and shocked and wouldn't have botherded going up,[/quote
You're insulted and shocked that these people would invite you into their church, say a prayer for you, and offer you a gift?

this just shows me how ignorant soceity can be having nothing to do with God.

Of course it has nothing to do with god, who the heck said it did? They made girl hankercheifs and gave them out to girls, you wanted a blue one and they wouldn't give it to you. Therefore they're godless???

I mean, i can understand you view it as some type of sexism. But so what? They're offering girly things for girls, and you accepted it anyway no? So why get worked up over it?

[
Of course, back then, women's apparel was a type of tunic and mean wore bizzare headdresses, so whats the point? God thinks its an abomination for a girl to wear bluejeans? Abusrd.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Actually the so call Women will wear no man apparel and no man should wear women apparel was been taken out of contest.

In ancient times both man and woman wore the same type of apparel.

Bringing the point that perhaps the meaning of switching apparels was to men and women switching gender roles.

Pointing perhaps to homosexuality. I may be wrong occurs.

God is supposed to be asexual because he made man and woman to his own image (by bible teachings) so he would have careless what woman or man wore at the time.

It wasn't until man put himself over all things that it started to dictate gender roles.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

www.queerme.com...]
Deuteronomy 22:5

A woman shall not wear a man’s apparel, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment; for whoever does such things is abhorrent to the LORD your God.
not saying i believe everyting here but makes good points!!

I am considered a "backslider" meaning someone who walked away from God, in church lingo, but what i actually did was walk away from the Manmade church and the ideology behind it, and i feel good for leaving if not better. It brainwashes you into believing God said for you to do this, when in fact No, god didn't, some man who thought he was superior to all and for control did this. The Bible is tampered with maybe added to for the purpose of Law and control, infusing a sort of political agenda. Many are blind to this, and take man's word.
Jesus said no man on earth is with out sin.

so go on judging,
you will ultimately be judged. Think about yourself and the things you could do better rather then others, let God decide.
Peace & Love

this goes so much more deeper then i can describe at this time...

new topics

top topics

join