It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Invisible posts" by staff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Since I've received emails and a dozen or so U2Us the past couple days about this I figure it's worth explaining for everyone.

When you see a staff member's name as the last poster in a forum thread but there is no post it's because the staffer "Bumped" the thread.

"Bumping" is a feature we have that allows us to bring threads we feel deserve attention to the top of the "Today's Posts" list.

That's all there is to it, no "invisible messages" or cloak and dagger hokus pokus to it.

Springer...

[edit on 9-22-2006 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
No conspiracy at all??

Because of Springers explanation above, myself will bump this thread now...Thats why you see my username as the last poster on Todays post.

Thanks for the information, Springer!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
That's all there is to it, no "invisible messages" or cloak and dagger hokus pokus to it.

hmmmmmm Isn't that what 'they' all say when there really IS cloak and dagger hokus pokus going on??? hmmmmmmm

Just teasing ya.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
those of us that figured out what all this bumping by staffers was have taken to calling the practice bumping uglies.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
yeah..the camouflage mods. first Kinglizard then William One Sac..But now me again

I see you WOS..I saw you

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

i have often wondered about this too...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know what those guys are talking about, but any one can read my invisable posts by just useing the three dimensional glasses that are red blue hued.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
those of us that figured out what all this bumping by staffers was have taken to calling the practice bumping uglies.

Thats dirty......

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Hmmm ... bumping uglies, huh!?

Perhaps, We could take a stroll down memory lane .

J/K

[edit on 9/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

hehehe

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, if there were any kind of hidden messages, most of the time they would select a text color to match the background...........That way, the only way you could see it is to click-drag your mouse cursor to select the entire text window.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Well, if there were any kind of hidden messages, most of the time they would select a text color to match the background...........That way, the only way you could see it is to click-drag your mouse cursor to select the entire text window.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Who decides which posts 'deserve' bumps? ... I've seen threads 'bumped' right off the board without many responses or views.... I think it does seem like a conspiracy to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh well, and I though they were secret messages between moderators that only moderators could see.

Well you just took my littler conspiracy theory on the subliminal messages

[edit on 22-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"bumping uglies"

More likely, staff bumps threads to bring them back up to the top of the posts. Like my Smokin BBQ Threads I bumpt it regularly. But, since I'm the last poster, it doesn't really look odd.

Or bumping an ATSNN submission that still needs votes, but has gotten to page two on the Todays' Posts page.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I always thought it was a disgraced staff member on global ignore.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Good one dg

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
absum!

[edit on 27-9-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The Ultimate Disgrace

Originally posted by dgtempe

Sometimes I could swear I'm on Global Ignore, based on the way members treat me.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, i love ya, if it makes any difference.

And I know folks here respect you. I know i do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join