It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video: 9/11 Mysteries

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ferretman,

I suggest reading more about the towers design before you start saying someone else is spreading propoganda.

First, the outer facade was a window curtain wall compossed of windows (of course) seperated by aluminum mullions, sills and heads. As far as I know, behind the aluminum mullions were the steel support columns. There is no way that you can have some 200 columns on a face and it not to have any strength for gravity load. I don't care if it was designed to take gravity loads or not because it still would. Try this.....plant a stick...of any material in the mud...solid enough for it to stand. Now place your hand on the stick....does it just collapse without any resistance or does it have some kind of strength? That stick wasn't designed for the load but it still gave resistance to said load right?

Also, as far as spreading propaganda...Eager is at the top of the list. I think he's just mad because he has had like 2 different 9/11 theories debunked already. Pancakes anyone? As soon as he can show how a spontaneous thermite reaction has occurred or recreate one in a lab that can be verified and retested...then I'll believe what this guy has to say. Until then, Eager does not get my vote of confidence. Although probably a brilliant man, I just don't agree with what he has to say on 9/11. I'll be labelled a conspiracy nut for saying this but I think Eager has been comprimised either for his grant money or something else. Because as far as I know, no one has been able to create a spontaneous thermite reaction. If they are so frequent, why can't he site just one?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This website is much better on how buildings like the WTC was. But I think the police, fire, and Goverment used "The Fire" from the Jet fuel as an excuse not to rouse the public too much. In order to keep people from getting upset, panicing, and running the risks of too many maniacs and rebels against the general public. That's just what I think they were doing. Trying to calm the public down first.

It also explains Building 7 there, and why it went down so fast too. They didn't want people to know how dangerous they were at the time, because it's likely innocent people could've gotten hurt somehow.

Here are better links on mesh buildings, and 9/11:

Architech forum

2003 Old News

New Skyline in NYC for 2012

9/11 facts and Myths video

9/11 timeline

9/11-New Facts

[edit on 9/29/2006 by brokenwindows]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The American Society of Civil Engineers and FEMA conducted an in-depth investigation of the World Trade Center. The team members included the director of the Structural Engineering Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the senior fire investigator for the National Fire Protection Association, professors of fire safety, and leaders of some of the top building design and engineering firms, including Skidmore Owings & Merrill in Chicago, Skilling Ward Magnusson Barkshire in Seattle, and Greenhorne & O'Mara in Maryland.

It concluded that massive structural damage caused by the crashing of the aircrafts into the buildings, combined with the subsequent fires, "were sufficient to induce the collapse of both structures."

The National Institute of Standards and Technology did its own forty-three volume study of the Twin Towers. "Some 200 technical experts . . . reviewed tens of thousands of documents, interviewed more than 1,000 people, reviewed 7,000 segments of video footage and 7,000 photographs, analyzed 236 pieces of steel from the wreckage, [and] performed laboratory tests and sophisticated computer simulations," the institute says.

It also concluded that a combination of the crash and the subsequent fires brought the towers down: "In each tower, a different combination of impact damage and heat-weakened structural components contributed to the abrupt structural collapse."

Popular Mechanics, first in its March 2005 cover story and now in its expanded book, Debunking 9/11 Myths, after interviewing scores of other experts in the engineering field, takes apart the most popular contentions of the conspiracists. "In every case we examined, the key claims made by conspiracy theorists turned out to be mistaken, misinterpreted, or deliberately falsified," the book says.

But of course everyone is an 'engineer'

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenwindows
because it's likely innocent people could've gotten hurt somehow.

Not to harp or anything but don't you think 3,000 + people being killed trumps some people getting hurt?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

But of course everyone is an 'engineer'

Well, it's obvious that you aren't. But guess what...I am...even Civil...with structural background.

Edit: I don't mean to sound snotty in anyway....if you want to believe Eager, then go ahead...that is your right to do so...just don't cry when someone points out the errors in your or his theories.

If you believe ASCE, NIST and SEI so much, can you site me to where they have done the neccessary structural calculations to come up with their theory? Didn't think so. Why would they not include all this to be verified by every engineer around the world... not just the ones who are privy to these GOVERNMENT agencies?

[edit on 9/29/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Beginning at the 1:09 minute mark in the movie, there is a discussion about the health effects of the WTC debris upon the rescuers and how the EPA told people that the site was safe.

Apparently the Bush administration is attempting to seal the EPA records from 9/11.

For Immediate Release: June 29, 2006
10,000 EPA SCIENTISTS PROTEST LIBRARY CLOSURES

In his proposed budget for FY 2007, President Bush deleted $2 million of support for EPA’s libraries, amounting to 80% of the agency’s total budget for libraries. Without waiting for Congress to act, EPA has begun shuttering libraries, closing access to collections and reassigning staff. The letter notes that “EPA library services are [now] greatly reduced or no longer available to the general public” in agency regional offices serving 19 states.

The public and academic researchers may lose any access to EPA library materials as services to the public are being axed and there are no plans to maintain “the inter-library loan process.”

“The Bush administration apparently decided that it was politically easier to close the libraries than to burn the books, although the end result will be the same...

www.peer.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
INCREDIBLE
A MUST SEE
VERY WELL DONE
I JUST WISH I HAD THE $$ 2 BUY THE DVD!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Excellent video, I will be downloading this and showing it to as many people as possible

This is the only video I've seen that makes sense of it all

[edit on 4-10-2006 by DodgeG1]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
very good video... will be dishing this out to people on dvd. i carnt help but this that even tho there are many 1000's and even 10's of thousands of people who know the truth about what happend we can never get the general public to know what happend. its very disheartening.

ive talked to many people about this for the last 2years and have come up against many who find the possibility impossible to compute in there heads, some dont even want to watch the video for some reason...madness!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Griff- the NIST has a 43 volume report on the towers........I would suggest looking into it.....the answers you seek are in the report somewhere.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Didnt you love the part at about 3:13 to 3:30 where the agent in the cool sport hat waits for the que to come up and matter of factly give the future coverup story. No adrenaline in this guy and the big backup agent is on another video I saw.

Now this guy saw both planes and both towers go down *must have missed building 7* and already knows how cement and steel towers come down from fires?

It is half way there this film, but a lot of agent holes like this in it.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Watching this, tears were in my eyes. I have no doubt that the building was blown up, my views are that the government would rather see it gone that half destroyed, reminding everyone of what happened.

Truly inspiring and I am passing this on.

X

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Griff- the NIST has a 43 volume report on the towers........I would suggest looking into it.....the answers you seek are in the report somewhere.

In all of that garbage, three things are notable (significant to the topic at hand):

• They try to show why the Towers BEGAN to collapse (buckling).
  • They do NOT show how the global collapse was executed, or show the causes of any collapse phenomena after the buildings began moving.
  • Their tests (lab and computer simulations) fail to support their assertions on collapse initiation.

Also, they do not support pancake theory. They have not really defined another global collapse mechanism.

And, the buckling they show is limited to a few columns per floor, whereas many more columns could have been COMPLETELY REMOVED and the building would have remained standing by NIST's own FoS ratings for the perimeter columns, of 5, or able to hold 500% more than their expected loads, for safety (which is why the Towers did not immediately collapse; any engineer worth his salt is thus conservative).

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The most compelling video of it's kind yet.

Everyone needs to watch this.

Humm...i am watching the video now...

First question is, how is this video "so compelling" when for example they claimed the towers fell in 10 seconds....when it has been proven in these same forums it was much longer than that, and nowhere "near freefall" despite some people's claim?...

If I can find inconsistencies in the first 2 minutes or so of the video, i wonder what else I can find which has been debunked already in these same forums?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i watched now about 10 minutes or so of the video, and I still see inconsistencies in the "story portrayed in this video"...

First of all is that "the towers did survived the impact of the planes as they were supposed to do", but then the fires weakened even more the buildings...

Now in the video they claim that "according to the recording of one fireman who says there were only two isolated fires in the floor he was in" that there were only two fires in the whole building?...

C'mon guys....and here i thought some of you were smarter than that... The fireman is seeing two pockets of fire "in one floor", floor 78th, it doesn't mean those were all the fires in there...

i really can't believe some people are falling for this video.

anyways, good luck, I watched enough, and if i can find inconsistencies in the first 10 minutes, the video is not worth watching for over 1 hour imo.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the vid. This one is way better than the others I have seen. I like the way Loose Change was made but 9/11 Eyewitness blows it out of the water.
Off to watch for the second time.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Muaddib that is really not a nice thing to do that poor little kitty, making her do push up's come on now.

Last I heard from her Lilith was getting down with Belzebub.

Isn't rather odd an arch conservative quoting an arch liberal like Robert Kennedy?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Isn't rather odd an arch conservative quoting an arch liberal like Robert Kennedy?

I am sorry.... Robert Kennedy an arch liberal?..... Ok....

Robert started his career working with no other than Senator Joseph McCarthy, and Robert shared the hardline anti-Communist views that McCarthy had.... but i guess he was a liberal huh?...

Anyways...the quote does say that when there is injustice anywhere in the world we have to try to do something about it.... i thought that liberals/democrats don't want the U.S. to be involved in any conflicts in the world even if they are attrocities... at least that's what I keep reading from the liberals/democrats in these forums...

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Muaddib that is really not a nice thing to do that poor little kitty, making her do push up's come on now.

i did find it funny when i saw that avatar, which is the reason I chose it.

Last I heard from her Lilith was getting down with Belzebub.

To understand what that quote in my avatar is about, you have to be an avid reader of ancient history, and ancient texts, guess that shows you are not an avid reader on ancient history huh?

My guess is only a few people will understand what that reference in my avatar is all about. i haven't gotten any messages from anyone in these forums about it, so I guess noone knows what it is about.

Giving a little hint might help some people understand what it is that quote of mine might be a reference to I guess, "Sophia "has a lot to do with that quote in my avatar, again, it has to do with ancient history, and I mean "ancient"... Anyways, I think we should get back to the topic of the thread.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Imagine the mass above the centers of damage coming down at 37 ft. per second....don't you think that things would be shooting out from all sorts of directions from the weight and pressure of the falling mass?

Yes.... it happens grover.... in fact it happens in many countries some of which have to deal with terrorists in a daily basis and there is no need for the government of the country that was attacked to be complicit...

You can state "your opinion" all you want, but it is not the truth.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join