It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Osiris really die?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sun,

Osiris wasn't a myth, not anymore than Nimrod was a myth (and Nimrod wasn't a myth so there you go).
Here's a good read on the subject:
The Giza Discovery
www.redmoonrising.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Sun,

Osiris wasn't a myth, not anymore than Nimrod was a myth (and Nimrod wasn't a myth so there you go).
Here's a good read on the subject:
The Giza Discovery
www.redmoonrising.com...

Like I said Nimrod, Baal, Semiramis, and Tammuz is Osiris, Ra, Isis and Horus.

Osiris is Nimrod.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

and Nimrod wasn't a myth so there you go

I agree
he was a fictional character
thats why he only ever appears in one book
and one that is known to be fictional
unless you believe that God made the earth in seven days and talking serpents live in apple trees

from your link

Sumerians are also credited with a number of historical 'firsts' including the wheel, metalworking, pottery, and beer brewing. This last invention perhaps allowed the world's first monarchy to take power, which promptly set up the world's first known system of taxation.

Beer led to kingship
who'd have thought it eh

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Osiris is a myth based on the real person of Nimrod

Nimrod died and was cut into pieces as was Osiris.

Nimrod is Osiris

NIMROD IS MARDUK

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
this is the ancient civilisations forum
if you don't have anything relevant to discuss then don't waste our time
theology is in another forum
i.e. the same place your thread on Nimrod was sent to
carry on posting nonsense in here and there will be only one result
but just so we're loud and clear
there are four versions of Nimrods death

1. a tradition, of unknown provenance, suggests that Nimrod died a violent death.
2. a tradition, also of unknown provenance, says that he was killed by a wild animal.
3 a tradition its origin equally obscure, says that Shem killed him because he had led the people into the worship of Baal.
4. another from the book of Jasher ascribes his death to Esau (grandson of Abraham)."And when Nimrod the son of Cush died his men lifted him up and brought him in consternation, and buried him in his city"

None of these have Nimrod being cut into pieces
so unless you have some evidence that you up til now have kept to yourself and which has been missed by every biblical scholar since the Bible was written then you have nothing more to say on this subject
because personal belief is not evidence
and personal belief is ignorance personified when studying the ancient world
and the motto of this forum is "Deny Ignorance"

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

if you don't have anything relevant to discuss then don't waste our time
theology is in another forum

Yea, like

Are Myths true
Phantom time Hypothesis
Are left handers a different race.
Crazy thought on Easter Island/ Atlantis

Deny ignorance??????????????? Nimrod is Marduk

Sorry if you fear the truth. All hell breaks out inside you, it's like flipping the light on and watching the cockroach run.

I'm willing to let the facts speak. Do a search on Nimrod and Marduk. You will find they are the same. I could provide many links. They aren't necessary as a simple search will provide all the information that is needed.

The truth cuts like a knife doesn't it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
ok you (...) has no idea what he's talking about and i'm reporting you as a hopeless troll to the mod team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
removed personal attack

[edit on 27/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

ok youre clearly an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about and i'm reporting you as a hopeless troll to the mod team

Knock yourself out. I am allowed to present my views just as you are. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't give you any right to attack me.

Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In late Babylonian astrology, Marduk was connected to the planet Jupiter. As the ruler of the late Babylonian pantheon, he was equated with the Greek god Zeus (Latin Jupiter), hence the name of the planet.

Marduk was a sun god. He was associated with the sun, similarly to Ra in Egypt. It is interesting to note that Marduk rose to power in Babylon starting circa 2200 BC, and the Egyptian god Amun-Ra which the Thebans Egyptian rulers worshipped also rose to power at around this time.
en.wikipedia.org...

There you go. Let's tie Marduk to Ra and Osiris... to Zeus........to Jupiter..........

Osiris is Zeus...........is Jupiter...........is Marduk and yes, we can tie them all to Nimrod.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

In late Babylonian astrology, Marduk was connected to the planet Jupiter. As the ruler of the late Babylonian pantheon, he was equated with the Greek god Zeus (Latin Jupiter), hence the name of the planet.

Marduk was a sun god. He was associated with the sun, similarly to Ra in Egypt. It is interesting to note that Marduk rose to power in Babylon starting circa 2200 BC, and the Egyptian god Amun-Ra which the Thebans Egyptian rulers worshipped also rose to power at around this time.

Edit would not let me correct external source.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
doesnt say anything about Nimrod being a deity at all
nor being connected to the sun
and Osiris predates Nimrod by at least 2000 years
so I don't see any connection
when I said provide links I meant relevant ones
that wasn't relevant to anything at all
and you missed off the last line

This coincides with the fact that the Era of Aries started at around 2200 BC and might have some relationship

notably it doesnt say

This coincides with the fact that the Nimrod was involved around 2200 BC and might have some relationship

en.wikipedia.org...
besides which
do you do all your research on Wikipedia
clearly it doesnt say anything about Nimrod so what is your original source
if its a website post a link
if its a book name it
if its your personal belief then you'd best drop the whole idea before you wake Undo up
she claims that Nimrod is Enmerkar and I doubt you even know who he is
you should read more David Rohl like she does it would bring you up to speed
but claiming that Nimrod is anyone outside of Mesopotamia is just bonkers
hes only mentioned in Hebrew texts that have been proven erroneous over and over again
most of them are redactions of akkadian texts
and so aren't even original

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Back to Shabaka Stone and Osiris.

I'd like to note that the Shabaka Stone is fairly recent 712-698 BCE, so whatever's there reflects the newer beliefs in Egypt... not the original beliefs. He first appears (as far as I can determine) in the 5th dynasty (around 2400 BC.)
www.nemo.nu...

So let's "time-crawl" back to the older texts. A bit of poking around shows that Osiris is referred to in the oldest Pyramid Texts, which date from the reign of Unas:
www.touregypt.net...

The Wikipedia article mentions how the Osiris mythology evolved (we can find specifics, but this is a quick and readable reference.) As cultures adopt new gods, the explainations and relationships change, and we see the legend of Osiris changing through the centuries:
en.wikipedia.org...

The article also offers the best evidence that Osiris died and remained dead: the worship of the Banebdjed; the soul of Osiris.

The Egyptians believed humans were a multi-part being that separated when the person died. The "ba", or "soul" was the personality (approximately) -- it's a rather complex concept and you can read a reasonably decent article about it here:
en.wikipedia.org...

So... both Osiris AND his Ba were worshipped. The Ba of a living person is not created until the death of the person. If Osiris had been returned as a living person, then the Ba would not have remained separate but would have returned and reintegrated.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
NIMROD IS MARDUK

It seems that anything that doesn't fit the image you have made of Christ is "Nimrod".

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

NIMROD IS MARDUK

It seems that anything that doesn't fit the image you have made of Christ is "Nimrod".
www.ldolphin.org...

It seems there is plenty of information to backup this point of view.

How many sources do you want me to provide?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Back to Shabaka Stone and Osiris.

I'd like to note that the Shabaka Stone is fairly recent 712-698 BCE, so whatever's there reflects the newer beliefs in Egypt... not the original beliefs. He first appears (as far as I can determine) in the 5th dynasty (around 2400 BC.)
www.nemo.nu...

So let's "time-crawl" back to the older texts. A bit of poking around shows that Osiris is referred to in the oldest Pyramid Texts, which date from the reign of Unas:
www.touregypt.net...

The Wikipedia article mentions how the Osiris mythology evolved (we can find specifics, but this is a quick and readable reference.) As cultures adopt new gods, the explainations and relationships change, and we see the legend of Osiris changing through the centuries:
en.wikipedia.org...

The article also offers the best evidence that Osiris died and remained dead: the worship of the Banebdjed; the soul of Osiris.

The Egyptians believed humans were a multi-part being that separated when the person died. The "ba", or "soul" was the personality (approximately) -- it's a rather complex concept and you can read a reasonably decent article about it here:
en.wikipedia.org...

So... both Osiris AND his Ba were worshipped. The Ba of a living person is not created until the death of the person. If Osiris had been returned as a living person, then the Ba would not have remained separate but would have returned and reintegrated.

Relying entirely on accepted theory is not a good idea. Number one, because it's promoted by us, we humans, who live a very short time compartive to the age of the planet, and have no real concept about time. Evidence of that is the German Higher Critics assuming the Greeks couldn't write, and then proceeded to toss out all or most of the Greek histories as valid historical texts, especially for determining the passage of time. They instead decided to go with the egyptians, a people who were even more ancient, even harder to translate and that required even more speculation. This way, they could rewrite history to be whatever they wanted. At this point, they pitched out every ancient text that mentioned a supernatural being, except egyptian texts. In the case of the egyptian texts, they decided the egyptians were speaking purely metaphorically.

Do you ever wonder where the GHC got that idea? They weren't there, so how would they know if it's purely metaphorical? The speculation is rampant, and all based on the world view of people who didn't know the first thing about physics, and most archaeology.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

www.ldolphin.org...

It seems there is plenty of information to backup this point of view.

How many sources do you want me to provide?

Does it matter what we speculate about past events that may or may not have literally happaned?

What about the comprehension of our own internal "Nimrod" right here right now?

Tower of Babel

"Nimrod (the Intellect) began to be a mighty one in the earth.

"He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel....."

"And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

"And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

"And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

"And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

"Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

"So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

"Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth."

And:

The Story of Phaleg From Eliphas Levi's Livre des Splendeurs (1894)

"When all men were gathered together on the plain of Sennar (the Ninth Sphere), under the reign of Nimrod (the Intellect), there was a great architect named Phaleg (the Phallus).

"He was the son of Eber, father of the Hebrews, and to protect mankind from a new flood, he drew the plan of a tower.

"The first section of the tower was to be round, having twelve doors and seventy-two pillars.

"The second was to be square with nine storeys, the third, a triangular spiral with forty-two turns.

"The fourth was to be cylindrical with seventy-two storeys.

"Seven staircases joined each of the storeys to the others.

"The doors of each storey were to be opened and closed by means of mechanisms whose functioning was to be guarded as a hierarchic secret.

"All inhabitants of the tower were to have equal civil rights, for those at the top could not live without the assistance of those at the bottom, and those below could not protect themselves from surprise attack without the vigilance of those above.

"Such was the plan of Phaleg.

"But the workers were disloyal to the great architect.

"Secrets from above were revealed to those who worked below, the doors would no longer close, some tried to barricade them, others forced an entry in order to regain the safety of the heights.

"And in addition, all wished to work as they liked, without consulting the plans of Phaleg.

"Confusion sprang up in their language as it did in their work, and part of the tower collapsed while the rest remained unfinished, for the workers refused to aid one another.

"And confusion reigned in their language for there was no more unity in their thought.

"Phaleg then understood that he had hoped for too much from men in thinking they would understand one another.

"But these men transferred the fault to him and denounced him to Nimrod.

"Nimrod condemned him to death.

"Phaleg disappeared and it was not known what happened to him.

"Nimrod believed he had had him killed and he erected an idol to which he gave the name Phaleg and which gave out oracls in favour of Nimrod's tyranny. But in reality Phaleg had fled into the desert.

"He made a trip round the known world as expiation for the too generous error he had committed.

"And everywhere he stopped, he built a triangular tabernacle.

"One of these monuments was rediscovered in Prussia in 553 in the digs of a salt mine.

"Fifteen cubits below ground level a triangular building was found; inside it there was a white marble column on whose base the entire story was written in Hebrew.

"Beside this column a tombstone was discovered, covered with dust, but under which lay an agate panel bearing the following epitaph:

"Here lie the ashes of our G A of the Tower of Babel...

"Adonai has forgiven him the sins of men, for he loved them.

"In humiliation he died for them, and thus he has paid for the magnificence of the idols of Nimrod."

Regards

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

doesnt say anything about Nimrod being a deity at all

I know that why I said..................

There you go. Let's tie Marduk to Ra and Osiris... to Zeus........to Jupiter..........

Osiris is Zeus...........is Jupiter...........is Marduk and yes, we can tie them all to Nimrod.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

and Osiris predates Nimrod by at least 2000 years
so I don't see any connection

I suggest you check your dates, cause you are way off.

The Tower of Babel occured shortly after the flood.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Relying entirely on accepted theory is not a good idea. Number one, because it's promoted by us, we humans, who live a very short time compartive to the age of the planet, and have no real concept about time. Evidence of that is the German Higher Critics assuming the Greeks couldn't write, and then proceeded to toss out all or most of the Greek histories as valid historical texts, especially for determining the passage of time. They instead decided to go with the egyptians, a people who were even more ancient, even harder to translate and that required even more speculation.

Err.... huh?????

None of the material there was from the GHC. It's all fairly recent. I avoid using old translations when newer ones are available.

I'm not sure where you got the impression from that I'm using translations created in the early 1900's. The information about the cult centers and the seven-part soul is more recent in origin. And archaeologists don't stick to the same tired old thing if their studies show it's wrong. Witness their turning away from Wallace Budge (who really was a rather poor translator) and updating other classics.

To reiterate:
* the myth of Osiris dying dates back to about the 5th dynasty.
* as time went on, the deity identified as the killer of Osiris changed (as the gods of other Egyptian cities were adopted (each city had its own god. Important city gods got a place in the national pantheon.)
* many texts refer to the multipart soul that divides from the body at the time of death.
* the ba and ka are two different manifestations of dead people (countless references to this.)
* Osiris was worshipped, and so was his ba. The fact that he had a ba means that he really did die and stayed dead.

That's the results of a whole bargeload of texts there (tens of thousands of them, if not more), translated by the international community, by scholars from India, China, US, England, Mexico, France, Iraq, Iran, Germany, Egypt, etc, etc, etc etc. No one country has a monopoly.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This GHC hypothesis of Undo's is her equivalent of Hancocks claim that there is a global archaeology conspiracy to cover up the truth.
ergo if the German Higher Critics hadn's covered up the truth we would all know about the dimensional travel gate at Babylon and the fact that the Gods were aliens flying around in intergalactic starships cross breeding with humans to create a slave race to do their bidding by now
As such it isn't a factor that needs attention from anyone who cares about real history
Its just a factor that desperately needs someone to beleive in it because they can't see the truth themselves because they don't understand a very basic simple premise

It'd probably make a good movie though because as you know most movies aren't based on anything except the writers imagination

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join