It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chavez trying to start a Civil War here in America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
[e will see about this next year. There has been alot of chat about this around the boards and so on about him suspending the elections next yr. So lets wait to see about this.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by ThichHeaded]

removed.There are no national elections next year. There are mid-term elections in November and a Presidential election in 2008

Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 9-22-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Its very disrespectful for a leader to come into a country and stir up trouble...
Looks to me that is exactly what he is doing. Trying to start something here that does not need to be.

Hes not stirring up anything...looks like hes calling the shots as he sees it. (not that hes not a part of the big one world government scheme overall), but the comment about the Indians.
Think about it, come over, they dont have the technology so you push them out of the way.
Thats kind of terrorist like.

Comparing Bush to Hitler, well I dont know about that, but his granddad supposedly supported Hitler. (REad on the BBC, I believe, about some 80 something year old going to jail...a women was the prison guard at a German nazi camp. What about people directly involved with Hitler like the Bushs?

In all does it really matter?
People get so polarized, us vs. them.
Im american, your african, etc. Who really cares who is who. People need to wake up and get passed this national thing.

Reminds me of something recent in Hungary.
The prime minster was busted for lieing (what politician hasnt), probably staged, but the point is...who needs politicians, who needs governments? The military personal would walk away and we would have peace. Anyway, the people cant do a thing. Think about it...you elect him, supposedly, and how do you get rid of someone? You dont just go down and kick him out and ask him to leave. So people are stuck...when they are found being lied to, they know they are absolutely powerless to do a thing about it. Oh, I know, you will vote...in the mean time he/she aint going no where...just like the Hungarian Prime minster said. He has turned a new leaf, and people say give him a chance...like what other choice do they seriously think they have. Powerless sheep, wake up!

You dont have peace through war, and war must always happen...Thats why I referred that Chavrez (whatever his name) is part of the global government...you have to have black and white to play the game.

I guess it boils down to the fact thats what people want...to play this game of I am white and you are black. (Interesting is that each side thinks they are white and the other black.)Good is only what best serves the common good of a particular group of people...so its relative so to speak.
Actually good is what serves those that can do something. (those in control)

Enough...wake up people...if you play the game, at least you know its a game.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Because he's not letting us have any of his oil... and we can't just (gasp) switch to alternative energy-sources. So instead, we'll keep sinking tens of billions of dollars into endless wars.

Chavez offered George Bush a deal of $50 US dollars a barrel for oil, that would have brought gas from $3 per gallon to $2 Bush turned him down, this at a time of $75 per barrel.
The Bush crime famliy and King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia could not stand to lose all that money. Bush needs Saudi money, So the Saudi's provide the US Treasury money to fund George's $2 trillion rise in the nation's debit and in return George lends the Saudi's the 82 Airborne.
anyway
Chavez offered aid and other supplys to American storm servivers, again Bush turned him down.

Chavez is giving cheap home heating oil to poor Americans in Bronx and other communities in the United States.

Yes Chavez is tricksy

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
dAlen

CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez launched yet another verbal assault against President Bush upon returning from a highly charged U.S. visit Friday, calling on the American leader to resign

Chavez also suggested that New York city police were behind a electrical disruption during his speech Thursday in Harlem, but police denied the allegation.

This is truly none of his affair whether our Pres. resigns. This is no place for him to say this at all.

No, Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the indians. This was a century ago. He wasnt even alive yet. So once again Chavez is running his mouth where it dosnt belong.

It matters cause hes another leader from another country coming into our country and stirring up trouble.

You can have peace through war though its sad. Just look at the US and Japan and US and England.

Yes were all in a game that all leaders play it makes no difference where your at. They control us period.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

This is truly none of his affair whether our Pres. resigns. This is no place for him to say this at all.

Doesn't the US government have a political position towards Venezuela? If it has, then any Venezuelan is affected by the position of the US government regarding Venezuela.

No, Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the indians. This was a century ago. He wasnt even alive yet. So once again Chavez is running his mouth where it dosnt belong.

I didn't saw in any place Chavez saying it was Bush's fault, where did you saw that?

And where is the danger in what he is saying starting a civil war?

The people who listen to what he says may have different opinions, but I do not see how this can start a civil war.

The possibilities I see are:

1- The US citizens believe in what he says.
    If this is the case, then I see another two possibilities:
        a- They already had the same opinion as Chavez.
            In this case, what makes Chavez opinions dangerous,
            if they were already considered the truth?
            Can the fact that a foreign president says it
            be the trigger that convinces those people to start a civil war?
        b- They had a different opinion but were convinced by what he said.
            In this case, why would these US citizens be so easily
            convinced, do they believe in everything they ear?
            And are they so easily convinced to start a civil war?

2- The US citizens do not believe in what he says.
    In this case, why start a civil war?
    And against who, against the people who believe what he says?
    Are the US citizens so easily put against each other only because
    they have different opinions?

So, I will say it once again:
Do not worry, panic does not help in any situation, and seeing enemies all around us and (even more worrying) seeing our neighbours as possible enemies is even worse.

Relax, you almost look like you need a war to feel safe.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
ArMap,

Doesn't the US government have a political position towards Venezuela? If it has, then any Venezuelan is affected by the position of the US government regarding Venezuela.

Except, President Bush didnt go into his country preaching to his people against their leader. Soul purpose to stir up trouble and Chavez knew that.

I didn't saw in any place Chavez saying it was Bush's fault, where did you saw that?

Thats his words cnn quoted all day yesterday that Chavez said that the Europeans stole this land and therefore were terriosts. Hinting at the native americans to rise up against us and take their land back. The same as the Mexican Americas cause they too feel this was their land.

- They already had the same opinion as Chavez.

Which is what I'm saying hes trying to become a leader and start something that dosnt need to be. Or he can give his leadership to someone he knows will be strong enough voice to take it over for him in his absence.

Anyone, who starts a revolt want support from other countries and hes letting these people think they have his support.

Do not worry, panic does not help in any situation, and seeing enemies all around us and (even more worrying) seeing our neighbours as possible enemies is even worse.

Noone is worring or panic. Seeing things and talking about it and gathering information is far from panic. Governments everywhere gathering information and stay on top of things. This dosnt mean they push the button because of what they heard. It just means they like to be informed.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I wonder if Chavez is putting any money into the groups that want to take over the US-Southwest?

Roper

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Nothing like listening to the speech of a moron, with no education, saying it like it REALLY is!!! He was out of line coming here and spewing all that truth.
He should speak ill of Bush in his own country- not here, i agree with that...

However, he was 100% correct!!! Wow, not bad for an uneducated communist moron!!!

[edit on 23-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Except, President Bush didnt go into his country preaching to his people against their leader. Soul purpose to stir up trouble and Chavez knew that.

They tried to organise a coup to remove him from power against the democratic wishes of the Venezuelan people. Against that a litle preaching doesn't seem so bad, does it?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well thats his words not our and their was no source to back up that information. However, look on page one here. Iv posted where his people are tired of him and want him out also. Thats his local news source not ours. Maybe he just dont want to admit his own people dont like him.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, according to worldpublicopinion.org he has around 70% approval.

Next in popularity were presidents Álvaro Uribe of Colombia and Hugo Chávez of Venezuela, both of whom enjoyed 70 percent approval ratings. But Uribe and Chávez represent opposite ends of the political spectrum in South America. Chávez is known for his fiery anti-United States rhetoric. Uribe is a close-ally of Washington and a major recipient of U.S. anti-narcotics aid.

Source

Thats from August 31 2006. Your source is dubious in its credibility to say the least.

The coup attempt is well documented,

this is a simple google search on venezuela coup.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
High approval ratings.

Ask any Cubans in Cuba and they all want Fidel Castro, eventhough they're starving. its brainwashing and dependability on the next ration of food that makes them faithful.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Caracas 21.09.06 | Whilst Hugo Chavez makes an ass of himself at the UN, his constituents back home, i.e. those who will decide whether he gets to enjoy that UN seat or not, aren't so enthusiastic about the idea, much less on the spending spree that has led to it. Someone who knows a thing or two about the UN -Ambassador Diego Arria- commented yesterday on the radio that Venezuela has been granted that seat 4 times in the past. The fundamental difference between then and now is the international standing that Venezuela enjoyed then and now, which in reality means that never our country had to buy its way into it. But the interesting aspect is the reaction of regular folks that do not feel related to Chavez's crazed ideas.

Yesterday we went to Araira, Guatire and Guarenas, the last two being satellite cities of Caracas, where opposition candidate Manuel Rosales keeps being asked how he will solve local issues that affect everyday lives. The message that regular Venezuelans are sneding is deafening "we do not care about international grandstanding, alliances with "bichos raros" (as they refer to Chavez's Islamofundamentalists and authoritarian buddies) or any of that crap while there are no jobs, no security, while our kids are decimated by criminals who are now, more than ever before, untouchable." "Los malandros estan con el gobierno pues" said to me Antonio Perez in Guatire. Gladis Peña in Araira on the other hand complained about the absolute indifference of the Chavez government. "La crecida vino y se llevo todo eso y todavia estamos esperando que el gobierno resuelva" she said bitterly. Powerful stuff.

Another surprise, for me at least, is that outside Caracas' barrios -where the official hatred discourse has convinced some that even if they aren't better off they're now part of something which can't be described- people are much more relaxed, friendly and frank about their politics. I had a very good conversation yesterday with a chavista called Marcos Nuñez. He gave me his name and treated me as I am accustomed to be treated by fellow countrymen. The fear factor is ever present in conversations, which is odd in a country that has a characteristic irreverent attitude about life.

www.vcrisis.com.../200609210458

This is exactly what I'm asking here on the ats. Is Chavez trying to start a civil war here in America? Look at how everyone is responding to me they are all taking up for a man who is condemning our country, our leader.

Good or Bad were a democracy its worked for over 200 years. We dont need him over here running his mouth.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I, for one, said he was out of line coming here and spewing all that....TRUTH.

He should not come here to do that- He should do it outside of the United States.
That shows you the level of education and diplomacy this man has, eh?

He's an oaf and a burro who doesnt even know how to eat with utensils. I think everyone agrees he was out of line- as far as what he said....he was right. May not have been very amusing, but he was correct in his own moronic way.

I doubt he has the power to start anything here. Hell, americans have badmouthed Bush and not started anything...why would this baboon???

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I doubt he has the power to start anything here. Hell, americans have badmouthed Bush and not started anything...why would this baboon???

Cause hes a leader and hes saying the same things behind a podium in New York that illegal immagrants are saying as they march through the streets of California.
In addition hes trying to try the native americas and african americas to the same group.

Does anyone remember Kerry and how much HARM ONE MANS speech did during the Vietnam War. He ran his mouth TOO EARLY while our men were still prisoners causing much more harm to come to them.

A mans voice in the right place at the right time can do alot of damage.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Shar, you could save yourself the time of writing these posts if you just posted a link to foxnews.com

Every single point that you bring up is what is typically spewed from Fox and the Neocon agenda... Try thinking for yourself for once.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He should not come here to do that- He should do it outside of the United States.

That's why I'm a champion of Ahmadinejad's suggestion to move the UN office to another country.

Originally posted by dgtempe
That shows you the level of education and diplomacy this man has, eh?

I don't know what way of dealing with politics I prefer, the sneaky and clandestine way or the loud and ingnorant way.

Anyway, I don't get why Bush should be allowed to say that Ahmadinejad is the axis of evil, why Chavez isn't allowed to say that Bush is the devil (in a somewhat ruder way)

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Chavez is trying to start a civil war in the United States!!! Get real. The guy made a speech that was filled with rhetoric and hyperbole. Gee, that doesn't happen every day in politics! And he made it from the lecturn of the UN, which is designated INTERNATIONAL soil, not American soil.

And the site that you're using to flood the board with garbage about Venezuela has ZERO credability. Did you bother to even read the "about" to see whether this site has an axe to grind and may be less than reliable? I guess not. I'll save you the time. Here's what it says.

Vcrisis is, in short, the personal endeavour of someone whose discontentment towards the politicians of his country (Venezuela) reached such unbearable levels, that he decided to take action and provide a counterbalance to the official multimillion dollar propagandistic effort rolled out by the current administration. This effort, however, could not have been successful without the collaboration of outstanding individuals who have provided much needed support and opinions in the form of articles throughout the years. Special recognition goes to the webmaster of the site and utmost admiration to Daniel Duquenal and Miguel Octavio, whose blogging from the thick of things has become, at least from my own perspective, that very elusive and ever so difficult to find source of objective information.

I'm not sure where you learned about critical thought, or if you are even at the educational level to have explored this subject matter, but all of your links and posts show zero critical thought. The Chinese are invading us! We're going to get nuked by Islamists! Hugo Chavez is trying to start a civil war! Apply some critial thought and analysis to these subjects and they quickly disintegrate into nothing. This scare mongering has to stop. Scare mongering is what is destroying this country.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No. Bush's administration fomented and assisted a coup attempt which nearly cost Chavez his life.

When Bush last came to London, God rot his socks, his crew asked for (but, thank heaven, did not get) immunity from prosecution in case they had to "take out" any people who might have posed security risks".

When Chavez came to New York, he - at the last minute - was told that his security staff had to stay on the plane for the duration of his visit. The fact that he even attended the UN in a country that tried to get rid of him - and that has a known track record for bizarre assassination attempts like the ones against Castro - shows that he's got a lot more guts than Bush.

Hinting at the native americans to rise up against us and take their land back. The same as the Mexican Americas cause they too feel this was their land.

And that's going to happen... riiiiight.....

I'm sorry, but that's just paranoia.

Noone is worring or panic. Seeing things and talking about it and gathering information is far from panic.

Sorry, but I think you are panicking.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Shar, you could save yourself the time of writing these posts if you just posted a link to foxnews.com

Every single point that you bring up is what is typically spewed from Fox and the Neocon agenda... Try thinking for yourself for once.

I hate Fox News I rarely watch it so I cant tell you want is on there. My main News source is BBC, CNN, Yahoo News and of course the ATS. Nope its just me thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join