It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chavez trying to start a Civil War here in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Chavez: Imprison 'genocidal' Bush

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has accused George W. Bush of committing genocide and said the U.S. president should be imprisoned by an international criminal court.

At that, Chavez erupted in anger about being "compared to the biggest genocide person alive, in the history of humanity, the president of the United States -- killer, genocidal, immoral -- who should be taken to prison by an international court. I don't know to what you are referring when you compare me to President Bush." He added: "Have I invaded any country? Have Venezuelans invaded anything? Have we bombarded a city? Have we had a coup d'etat? Have we used the CIA to kill a president? Have we protected terrorists in Venezuela? That's Bush!"

He said the twin towers of the World Trade Center consumed more energy than do some entire countries in Africa.

In addition, the fact that 90 percent of vehicles carry no more than one person is "a stupid thing," he said

Did Clinton say this when he was President? Did Clinton say the only way Americans will stop driving more than one automobile is to have higher gas prices like around $5.00 per gallon?

The Venezuelan leader worked out a similar deal to deliver discount heating oil this past winter to needy Americans in parts of the eastern United States.

Is he gathering alot of support from poorer Americans?

More can be found here.

www.cnn.com...

As he was exiting the U.N. building in New York, Chavez told reporters that Bush is not a legitimate president because he "stole the elections

He is, therefore, a dictator," Chavez said

During a stop in Harlem on Thursday, Chavez said he has no quarrel with the American people. We are friends of yours, and you are our friends," he said.

Is this a friend coming into our Country and making statements like this?

He walks like this cowboy John Wayne," said Chavez. "He doesn't have the slightest idea of politics. He got where he is because he is the son of his father. He was an alcoholic, an ex-alcoholic. He's a sick man, full of complexes, but very dangerous now because he has a lot of power

www.cnn.com...

interview later with CNN en Español, Chavez said he had good relations with President Clinton, but of Bush he said, "With this cowboy you can't even talk ... the Texan who walks around shooting from the hip."

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WOW!! With speeches like that he could muster a LOT of support from disallusioned Americans.

I Forsee a very short political career ending with a sharp object

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Very good thread on this running over here: Thread

Agree with him or not, you have to admit it takes a lot of brass to say things like that.
He's either nuts, very secure in his position, or he's bluffing like a pro.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Mr. Chavez also likened the U.S. President George W. Bush to the German Nazi leader, Adolph Hitler.

www.aljazeera.com...

Cnn is reporting that Chazez also said, " Europeans massacred the native americans 500 years ago and that our land here belongs to them and africa americans."

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

We cannot allow world dictatorship to be consolidated," he said. US "imperialism," he added, was "a threat to the survival of the human race."

Chavez said the UN headquarters should be moved away from New York, and suggested that even Venezuela would be a better place. Let's be honest. The UN system born after the second world war has collapsed, it is worthless," Chavez said

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Venezuela's people are sick of Chavez

www.vcrisis.com.../200609210458

Even his own people are tired of him. Guess thats why hes messing with us.

List of missing persons and political prisoners in Venezuela

www.vcrisis.com.../200403020624

Dosnt seem as sweet as Danny Glover and Clinton wants to make him out to be.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Very good thread on this running over here: Thread

Agree with him or not, you have to admit it takes a lot of brass to say things like that.
He's either nuts, very secure in his position, or he's bluffing like a pro.

Alot of rhetoric. Sounds like he took some lessons from Castro on making blustery, long-winded speeches.

Maybe to take some of the attention away from any problems he's having in Venezuela.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Dont even listen to this ahole.
One quick read will tell you everything you need to know about
this total idiot !!!

source

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Mr. Chavez also likened the U.S. President George W. Bush to the German Nazi leader, Adolph Hitler.

www.aljazeera.com...

We will see about this next year. There has been alot of chat about this around the boards and so on about him suspending the elections next yr. So lets wait to see about this.

On a side note, Afghanistan and Iraq seem alot like Poland to me, making up excuses to go invade.

Originally posted by Shar
Cnn is reporting that Chazez also said, " Europeans massacred the native americans 500 years ago and that our land here belongs to them and africa americans."

He does have a point here. Its not like we asked the Native Americans to take over their land. Its not like we asked the black people to happily become the white mans slave.

No I am not agreeing with him, But you have to admit he does bring up so good points.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Dont even listen to this ahole.
One quick read will tell you everything you need to know about
this total idiot !!!

source

You have to listen to this man. Hes very dangerous to our country. Not only is he talking alot but hes gathering alot of weapons.

140206 – No. 05/06 | Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez spent over $2.17 billion in 2005 to acquire Russian assault rifles and helicopters, Spanish transport aircraft and missile-capable corvettes, and Brazilian turboprop light attack aircraft. In January 2006, however, the U.S. State Department denied Spain and Brazil permission to sell Venezuela military transport and light attack aircraft containing U.S.-owned engine and avionics technology. The U.S. government’s action killed deals worth over $600 million to Spanish firm CASA-EADS and Brazil’s Embraer. It also created a major hindrance, albeit not an insurmountable obstacle, for the president’s military expansion plans

www.vcrisis.com.../200602141617

Venezuela needs to have one million well-equipped and well-armed men and women."

www.aljazeera.com...

this dosnt even cover everything hes really doing. Theres so much information out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In the UK we pay sometinglike $10 a gallon for petrol so as America gobbles up so much oil why dont you pay more.

And Chavez is intiled to his views, other leaders voice their opinions on the world satge so why should he not be allowed to. Just because he says something we find unpalatable dose not make him a nut.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe Pat Robertson was right, after all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Maybe Pat Robertson was right, after all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, Chavez was right. Robertson is just a nutcase.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

And Chavez is intiled to his views, other leaders voice their opinions on the world satge so why should he not be allowed to. Just because he says something we find unpalatable dose not make him a nut.

Its very disrespectful for a leader to come into a country and stir up trouble...
Looks to me that is exactly what he is doing. Trying to start something here that does not need to be.

You don't come into my country; you don't come into my congressional district and you don't condemn my president," Rep. Charles Rangel, D-New York, scolded Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

www.cnn.com...

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, was blunt in her criticism of the Venezuelan leader. "He is an everyday thug," she said. Chavez kept up his criticism of Bush during a visit to Harlem on Thursday, calling the U.S. president "a sick man" who is unqualified for the job. Chavez also said he is expanding his heating-oil program to help low-income Americans.

Most leaders know that if you can stir the poor up and the minorities and make them feel they are being mis treated and make them feel their not being represnted then you can possibly start a revolt. Especially with words like his.

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You don't come into my country; you don't come into my congressional district and you don't condemn my president," Rep. Charles Rangel, D-New York, scolded Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, was blunt in her criticism of the Venezuelan leader. "He is an everyday thug," she said. Chavez kept up his criticism of Bush during a visit to Harlem on Thursday, calling the U.S. president "a sick man" who is unqualified for the job. Chavez also said he is expanding his heating-oil program to help low-income Americans.

www.cnn.com...

Well, I have to hand it to the Democrats on this one. Class conflict, a favorite tactic of marxists, has been their stock in trade, but at least they're showing some sense of decorum by calling out the scoundrel from Venezuela for using it to divide the nation for his own nefarious intent.

[edit on 2006/9/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Robertson, Chavez, Castro, Ahmanijad, and Bush are all nutjobs with multiple complexes. All these characters have one thing in common other than putting their foot in the mouths most of the time, they are all extremists.

oops and to the original post, Chavez is trying to incite Americans against US govt policies, however I would be dumbfounded if he is spark for any civil war in America, he certainly didn't inspire me to take to the streets against the Bush government even though I am not a fan of this administration.

[edit on 9-22-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As much as I dislike Bush and his cronies, he's my Bush and they're my cronies. Chavez doesn't get to make fun of them and tell us they're evil. Thats our job.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Hes very dangerous to our country.

He is?!?
How exactly?

How does a tiny country like Venezuela represent a danger to the US?

It's like saying a squirrel is "very dangerous" to a bear.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Hes very dangerous to our country.

He is?!?
How exactly?

How does a tiny country like Venezuela represent a danger to the US?

It's like saying a squirrel is "very dangerous" to a bear.

Because he's not letting us have any of his oil... and we can't just (gasp) switch to alternative energy-sources. So instead, we'll keep sinking tens of billions of dollars into endless wars.

The moment this nation ever turns this energy situation around and decides to take the oil IV out of our collective wrists... the MOMENT that happens, Chavez is America's best friend. (Hypothetically speaking).

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
omg. he is gaining so much support from all the other tiny countries. about 100 of them at least. Including Mexico who has well over a 11 million of their people in our country right now...hes stirring them up. hes stirring up our american indians.
hes stirring up the low income class. He's taken advantage of the political division currently going on in our country. As I posted above his military strength has gained tremendously. Not to mention hes taken up alliance with many of the middle eastern countries including Iran.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Robertson, Chavez, Castro, Ahmanijad, and Bush are all nutjobs with multiple complexes. All these characters have one thing in common other than putting their foot in the mouths most of the time, they are all extremists.

[edit on 9-22-2006 by worldwatcher]

Unfortunately, all of these men you just mentioned are currently decision makers in our world right now. Which puts them in control of what can happen to us. Good or bad were in for the ride.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join