It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than one question(s)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Good points, Semper...But just because I point out Organized Religion as the biggest conspiracy (also the oldest), I hope you don't think that I'm implying that it's all a single conspiracy...Rather, the implication is that the various Organized Religions are closer to being a group of competing conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
MD,

I was pointing out that by assuming that Organized Religion is a conspiracy, there must therefor follow the hypothesis that any belief is conspiratorial.

As religion is Faith based, any belief system falling under the term "Faith Based" must fit the category of conspiracy or "religion being conspiracy" falls apart and becomes simply what it is. A Faith Based belief.

Your lines of logic, if followed strictly, would also assign conspiratorial status to evolution and the origin of the universe as these concepts are basically not provable at this stage and therefor based on a faith in ones hypothesis using scattered relevant facts.

See what I mean?

Just because it can not be proven, and you can accurately indicate the belief has societal benefits in regards to control, does not accurately signal conspiracy.

Semper

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
here are some big questions
1.If I'm not logged in or I'm a visitor,how come I don't see the other peoples' avatars and some other things??But if I do log in or I become a member,then I CAN see avatars and some other things.
Maybe that's why we have visitors who might hesitate to become a member,because without seeing avatars and such,then ATS might not look too interesting.

2.Is it possible to change that^^^^and let visitors have a better look at ATS?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I believe that is one of the "perks" of being a member.

Visitors do not get all of the wonderful things that us member do...

Not like it costs anything to join..

Semper

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
MD,

After some contemplation on the subject, I am retracting my initial stance and agreeing with you to an extent.

I believe that what you are saying about organized religion being a conspiracy, does in fact correlate with history.

I began thinking about what I would do if I was a new ruler and needed some effective way to control a large population. What better method than to create a belief system with all of the elements I desired and subject the populous to this system.

So, I submit to you I was wrong in my stance on Religous Conspiracy.

What you postulate, makes a lot of sense.

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just curious,how many staff members are moderating the RATS forum?

I plan to post something there eventually,and I would like ALL the staff to check out.I just need enough points first.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
Just curious,how many staff members are moderating the RATS forum?

Every moderator moderates the RATS forum.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
REALLY,no kidding?!?!?!?!
WOW,good!!!
I plan to post a "universal theories" thread!!
I also need knowledge from other members as well on certain topics.
And Kinglizard that includes your experience with GOD and your ascent to Heaven!

[edit on 14-10-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I noticed that when some members haven't been to this site in a while they lose all their points,is this true?
Do we have to be active members to keep our points?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I noticed that when some members haven't been to this site in a while they lose all their points,is this true?

Hopefully someone can please answer the previous question.Another question:
Is it possible to color the text for the title of the thread?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Now that is something I have never tried..

I don't know..

Semper

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I plan to post something there eventually,and I would like ALL the staff to check out.I just need enough points first.

Getting points is really quite easy. Two podcasts and you have enough for RATS. Remember, once you pay the 5000 points to get in the price drops to 250 points a month to stay in. Here is a related thread:

All about points

Hope to see you in RATS soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If it's happened to some people, I would more or less chalk it up to some kind of error at the server. It's never happened to me & I've been known to be away from ATS for a year at a time before coming back.

...But I do keep coming back...Just like a bouncing check.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join