It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my imagination or is something weird about these pics.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i wanted to find a ghost in my house... preferably the 'shadow girl' well..
this is what i got.

i69.photobucket.com...
thats the normal stairway.. blurry i know.. outta focus too. buuuuuut i was a bit shakey and paranoid. heres another with a shadow.. maybe a fast jerk from me being all jumpy?
i'd rather get replies sayin its just me.. so im not as paranoid about the pic.
i69.photobucket.com...

[Mod edit to fix links]

[edit on 21/9/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
gaaaah lol.. its bbc code.. hold on ^_^

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
[ Mod edit to remove image. These are too big to post on forums. Please click links found on first post.]

[edit on 21/9/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Eee gads! What kind of camera did you use? Your cellphone? Nothing to be worried about unless you walk up those stairs and they stay that blurry. Then, you can freak out, not now. Rest easy.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It was a regular digital camera.. and the stairway is the only thing that actually turned blurry from every pic i took. i took one.. and though the blurryness was just me being scared.. even though im good at keeping a camera still.. about half way up i got really nervous and took another pic. -shrugs- idk.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You mean the pronounced shadow in the upper right of each photo? That is interesting. Is it normally there at the time you took these photographs, i.e. 9:00pm (or whatever)?
Would it be possible for you to take another shot to show what it looks like normally?

btw, turn the focus ring until it all looks sharp, or press down softly on the shutter button until it beeps. You probably know that

The lighting is different in both pictures, so I was going to say that maybe the camera automatically adjusted for the brighter light therefore making the shadow longer, but I can't help notice that the far wall in the picture with the longer shadow is actually brighter than the other one!

Of course, you may not be talking about the shadow at all

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If you had taken ALOT of pictures of the house and for no reason what so ever the stairs pictures got blurry..I might consider the possibility. So..how many pictures did you take around the house?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
You mean the pronounced shadow in the upper right of each photo? That is interesting. Is it normally there at the time you took these photographs, i.e. 9:00pm (or whatever)?
Would it be possible for you to take another shot to show what it looks like normally?

btw, turn the focus ring until it all looks sharp, or press down softly on the shutter button until it beeps. You probably know that

The lighting is different in both pictures, so I was going to say that maybe the camera automatically adjusted for the brighter light therefore making the shadow longer, but I can't help notice that the far wall in the picture with the longer shadow is actually brighter than the other one!

Of course, you may not be talking about the shadow at all

it was about 1am. i can take it agian, i took about 5 pics of the stairs. only those two seemed to be like that. even the lighting was really diffrent in both of them than the other 3. but i wasn't smart and didnt upload the other 3 and now they are gone. i didnt think much of it really except i wanted to see if i could get anything weird. your light theory seems reasonable.. but i had flash off. that can be the reason? but even so, it only appeared in those two pics. outta the three.. the other three weren't blurry, and not that redish orangish color in lightning.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
it was about... every area in the house i was a little paranoid in.. about 4-8 times. which is about... lets see.. 5 rooms. mine and my bros bed rooms 7 times, parents room 5 and on stairs too and 4 downstairs kitchen. those two are the only ones that came blurry, i cna try to recreate it this weekend if you all would like

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsvayne
it was about... every area in the house i was a little paranoid in.. about 4-8 times. which is about... lets see.. 5 rooms. mine and my bros bed rooms 7 times, parents room 5 and on stairs too and 4 downstairs kitchen. those two are the only ones that came blurry, i cna try to recreate it this weekend if you all would like

And this "ghost" is around the stairway area only or what?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Try this..put the camera on something. I'm sure it has a timer.. But put it on something so that it angles to show up the stairs..set the timer..and let it take the picture by itself..if it still comes out blurry then there's something wrong..but if it doesn't..I'm sure the fact that you were a little shaky and nervous is a pretty good explanation.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
Try this..put the camera on something. I'm sure it has a timer.. But put it on something so that it angles to show up the stairs..set the timer..and let it take the picture by itself..if it still comes out blurry then there's something wrong..but if it doesn't..I'm sure the fact that you were a little shaky and nervous is a pretty good explanation.

it likes my brothers room, but i got really uneasy. well uneasier. like it wasn't a good idea to go upstairs

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If your camera has a timer, just set it up by the stairs and have it take a picture there for you so you don't have to hold it. Then see if it's still blurry.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
invest in a tripod to get rid of any effect you may be causing subconciously.. you can get cool ones for about $20.

set it on a range of exposure timings too.

But relax ,it just looks like camera shake to me as it is blurry consistently over the whole pic

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is my first post here so I don't want to make anyone angry.

Judging by the amount of color noise in the image the camera was either under 1 mega-pixel or it was shot in low light with incorrect settings or to achieve that effect. That is neither a motion blur nor an out of focus blur. Taking it to the pixel level it appears to be either gaussian blur or a surface blur. I'm betting on gaussian which even the cheapest software can do. It gives that moody, glow like effect. I use a similar effect occasionally for background images myself. I am 99% sure this is post processing. Sorry.

The ceiling near the top of the stairs has been obviously altered. It looks like it was done with a clone tool or a healing brush used improperly. The strokes are visible without enhancement. Very poorly done in fact.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InDirectViolation
This is my first post here so I don't want to make anyone angry.

Judging by the amount of color noise in the image the camera was either under 1 mega-pixel or it was shot in low light with incorrect settings or to achieve that effect. That is neither a motion blur nor an out of focus blur. Taking it to the pixel level it appears to be either gaussian blur or a surface blur. I'm betting on gaussian which even the cheapest software can do. It gives that moody, glow like effect. I use a similar effect occasionally for background images myself. I am 99% sure this is post processing. Sorry.

The ceiling near the top of the stairs has been obviously altered. It looks like it was done with a clone tool or a healing brush used improperly. The strokes are visible without enhancement. Very poorly done in fact.

thats kinda funny.. since i didnt do anything to it.. lol. i am thinking its just a blur or something. but i didnt do anything in photoshop or any other program. as for strokes and stuff... your a little crazy xD cause its nothing ^_^ just all blurry

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.fotothing.com...

Here are the qualities you can achive using your camera without shake. and no!!! I don,t think it had been ''editted or touched up'' just shake is all..

Like I said try with a tripod.. I,d be interested to see new pics on say a 3 - 5 sec exposure.. NO FLASH though

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
oh i will, i gotta see if it happens again or if its still there. imma try to take pics of other areas of the house to maybe find the shadow girl. ^^

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I took a closer look and enhanced.

Image P1010095.jpg:
See the area (approximate) between 475 pixels from the right horizontally to 600 pixels from the right horizontally and between 140 pixels from the top vertically to 220 pixels from the top vertically.

After looking closer it appears vertical strips may have been placed using copy and paste but there is visible alteration to cover something up.

I'm just stating facts contained in the image. I have no way to post images here but I could figure out a way to do this tomorrow. CG is my passion and a big part of my profession. For now, too others, look at a known motion blur and a known focal blur and you will see they do not match. There is something else going on here. Perhaps a diffusing filter when shot and the changes to the hallway ceiling afterwards. There is more than one way this can happen. Please look at the area I described and I'd like others opinion. Either brush strokes or copy and paste I'd bet.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
IT WAS NOT ENHANCED..

It was taken by hand using a 1/2 second exposure.. enough to make most pics blurry.

That is all from me till I see more

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join