It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Death VS Mental Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now this comes down to your believe in faith vs freewill, choose your destiny, or one destiny beliefs. If you believe in one destiny, then this will be hard to agree with.

Some people that are killed tragically can really upset me. People who never go the chance to die in honor, without purpose. It's deaths like that that really disturb me. If the deaths are necassary to keep the quantum field balanced then perhaps percentages in population need to be regulated or whatever it may be, but it does upset me to see people die young etc.

I also think some people live their whole lives in a state of zombiism...this is similair to physical death, but mental death does not disturb people as much as physical. It's Mental Death that forces me to believe in our freedom of will to choose our destiny. People who turn to lives in violence and never get caught, people who live their whole lives solely to be another person's slave or even people who live their whole lives solely to cater to others, and chase money all life long. These are the people who probably live with no sense of purpose. ..no sense of self, and therefore, mentally dead. They live and breathe, but are they alive? This topic might go past some people's heads , but It's something to think about . I believe in choose your destiny. Natural Duty or your ship that has long sailed. The boats that you have missed, and there are no more running times. That's the free will im talking about...we all have choices to make.

It's hard to get material on this basis and books on these subjects are rare. How can all this be similair to physical death? You can say that death can triple your stock points. Your nobody untill somebody kills you. Steve Irwin was famous, but now he is even more famous..for ex. Mental deaths are far worse than physical. Well, it proves contribution to mankind whether you are a janitor or scientist is important. Where would the world be if we all became doctors ? or lawyers? who will serve us our dinners in restaurants, or deliver mail ? a Purpose is a purpose . Now , some people do not fullfill their purposes, Why do most people believe destiny is pre-recorded and we are living out life with no parallel universes that branch out to fill the voids of all the possibilities and choices we left behind. A choice we make affects the universe we live in now. But what about if we chose the other choice? the other alternative? is there another universe out there with the same you living in it making the opposite choices you make here ? I've kind of drifted into another topic here, and Ill save it for another thread.

[edit on 9/21/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 9/21/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey StreetCorner Ph/

Well, Physical death and mental death are sure two different things.

I would more so, fear the Physical, but also need to keep a watch on my mental death, both are significant in living .
Both can bring about change in how we view life.

Physical death.......all will experience this and cannot escape it, young and old, rich and poor, free and bond!

As for mental death....well, if one is unhappy in their surroundings, then one can experience a sort of physical death.
I guess there is alot more to this , then I have to say right now, but will be writing here back soon.....

helen

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ok,
Physical death......is for eternity.
Mental death.........can lead to physical death because of one's state of mind.

I guess being a Christian influences my thinking about what Death is, and what it's purpose is.Physical death is not about the end, but about a new life...
In Ethiopia.....many Christians celebrate their death, and at birth, mourn over the new born child.(makes,sort of sense!)

I would think that one' state of being, gives an overall look out toward how you view life.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I did not know that about Christianity, I am of no religious sect, my faith is based on quantum physics or basic science of mind and I too believe physical death is the beginning of a new life. But Christians or at least most of them do not believe in reincarnation.

Mental death can absolutely deter a persons from man's ultimate principle, and that is survival of mankind. Never mind survival of self, but survival of the race as a whole group.

Buddhists do not mourn the dead. In fact, their funerals are celebrative . Mental death is sort of like the christian belief of the "forsaken" soul.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I also remember that when Christ was being Crucified, He tells His Mother(Theotokos) ''Woman, do not weep''...something like that.
I will try and find that info on Ethiopia and their customs, based on Early Christianity.....

If you would like to read about Ethiopia and their culture...click below.

African roots of the Ancient Church.

Take care,
helen

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Id like to discuss this debate a little more. Is someone who is mentally dead better off just physically dead? Would the world be a better place if everyone followed their good halfs instead of bad? if people were more disciplined and in tune withthemselves, would their be war ? the answer is NO. What is the state of mankind? is it at a turning point for the better , I think it's been declining since the renaissance era. Soon ,our time will run out. The earth will sweep us, and cook us away.

The percentages are dwindling, there is nothing wrong with believing in overpopulation, it's just that you could never prey on the weak. You should try to guide them but humans do not listen. They just react. Some people are strictly living based on impulse alone. A slave to their enviornment . I know alot of people who live their whole lives dead. Retire miserable, and wonder what they did with their lives. It's not a good feeling, trust me. I observe.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you actually read these, but i personally think im mentally dead. For the simple reason that i just dont care about anything anymore.

But other than that I wanted to tease your brain for a moment on the religious side of things. I am Christian and therefor believe in free will. I also believe in destiny. In the Christian religion we believe that God knows everything hes is everywhere and he is timeless. Therefor he knows past present and future. However, being as he is omnipresent would he not have the possible ability to see more than one path that a person can take. He would then be able to see the future of every possible choice that a man could make and every choice from that point. There for we still have freewill, but He still knows.

Just something to ponder about. HAPPY NEW YEAR

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
fate = circumstances
free-will = our decisions

fate + free-will = destiny

Happy New Year to you, too!

new topics

top topics

join