It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dream Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's been a LONG time since I posted on ATS buuut, I need some help.

A year ago, I was here and learned of Lucid Dreaming, the Techniques and whatnot. It's never been out of my head, really but I didn't focus alot of nights on inducing lucid dreams. Now I'm estatic because I succesful obtained a Lucid Dream through WILD(Wake Initiated Lucid Dream).

I was going to sleep on a friends couch, and remembered about Lucid Dreaming, I had already been laying for a couple of minutes, and decided to try and stay focussed on Consciousness while I was falling asleep. After a while I was able to feel and hear my heart, and shortly after that there was this buzzing Vibrating sensation all over my body but mostly in my head, my mind I guess. It grew and grew very quickly and I realized that it had something to do with dreaming, and before I realized it there was a quick Snap.

At first I didn't realize anything was different, but I guessed I might be Dreaming, so I decided to get off the couch. Beside the fact that I floated off the couch, and got wrapped up and trapped in the covers, I didn't think anything was different. Nothing was dream like, so I walked to my friends room, and(For some reason) asked him if I was OOB, he laughed and said no, but after that was confusing, I seemed to be directly infront of him all the time, and constantly in his face, then I woke up on the couch. I was kind of dissapointed that I wasted a Lucid dream, but I hadn't moved, and suddenly felt the buzzing come back.

It was a little uncomfortable, but I felt the snap again, and got off the couch. I decided that I need to do a reality check, so I walked out the front door. My friend lives on the first floor, and I walked out onto the second, even the direction the stairs were facing weren't correct, but I still didn't know if I was dreaming or not. I decided to Jump off the stairs to check. I mastered that.

The problem is, just about every night since then I can stay conscious while my body falls asleep, and I start to get the buzzing sensation. I guess I'm a little too excited or it could have to do with a nightly diet, but once it gets to a certain strength it stays at that strength and slowly dies away. I don't understand what the problem could be. What would cause someone not to go into a dream state?

I'm sure all the signs are normal, I feel heavy sometimes while I'm waiting, and other times, I feel my heart beating loudly, or changing to and irregular heart beat. Could someone help me please?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
When you stayed at your friend's house did you stay up late? Most paranormal things happen when people disrupt their normal sleeping patterns by staying up late and sleeping somewhere that they don't normally sleep. I'd guess you need to stay up late till you are very tired and then go to sleep while keeping your mind alert. I used to meditate all night every night and then lay down and relax as the dawn was approaching and keep my mind alert. Without fail I would fly out of my body or have obes or lucid dreams. Then I met some beings in the other world and they came back with me!! That was WILD!!!!! You sound like you are getting real good at it so my guess is you just need to be a little more tired by staying up later

[edit on 21-9-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That makes so much sense! Wow, I can't believe I didn't think about that. I've been staying at a Vocational for the past 5 months, and I go home on weekends, and go back on Sunday night. My sleeping schedual is pretty solid. Sunday through thrusday I go to sleep around 12:00 and wake up monday through friday around.
I seperated from the Vocational school and stayed up until 3 or 4, and I remembered the reason I went to sleep around 3 or 4 was because I was reallly really tired, or I would have stayed up a bit longer.

Thank you! that makes alot of sense now. I can't believe I didn't see it.

new topics

join