It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

official favorite beer discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey whats everyone favorite beer? I would say budweiser is mine.

(MOD EDIT: Corrected spelling in title)

[edit on 5/15/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ill Have to go with Fosters or a local beer here called Spitfire
But whichever imo all bear shud beer ice cold

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more, ICE COLD!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just finished a Paulaner Dunkel - very nice.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have a recently discovered new favorite.

Wasatch Polygamy Porter.
"why have just one?"

I was out of town, I'm hoping to find it locally.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
For me it's got to be..

Stella Artois
Corona
Carling Extra Cold

:w:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Michelobs Amber Bock is my favorite.

ice ice cold MMmmmmm

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeungling Lager is my usual favorite, However there is a Beer called Anchor Steam which is outstanding.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I used to drink Pete's Strawberry Blonde, I think they discontiuned it. I can't seem to find it anywhere, it was the best imo.

Now my favorite is Killians Irish Red

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You cant beat a pint o' the black stuff...Guiness...after 6 jars you too can talk pure blarney

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
New fav called Mill St. - their organic tastes like Labatts pilsner (Blue) or rather what it used to taste like 20 years ago, a bit like Labatts Crystal... gone now 20 years. Organic beer in "grown" in Scarborough ON, I kid you not.

www.millstreetbrewery.com...

Victor K.

38'

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here in Northeast Ohio, USA, I have to say my favorite is Samuel Adams Boston Lager. My wife will drink a glass of wine occasionally, but leaves beer alone. She says it tastes "beery". I told her about this one and coaxed her to try it. She has averaged one bottle per week for the last month. Not too bad for somebody who does not like beer, eh? Before Samuel Adams it had been about 15 years since I saw her drink a beer of any kind. A bit more expensive than the stuff I used to drink, but well worth the extra cost.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Bud Light.

It's the Piss of Kings.

and anyone thats got crap to say about that can go suck an egg shaped reproductive organ.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Badgers Ale, all varieties. Absolutely delightful drinks old chap, highly reccomended to all lovers of tipples.

Honourable mentions to any Whychwood beers, Newcastle Brown and, while in Pubs, Stella Artois.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I tend to avoid swagweiser in all its varied forms.
That said, I do remember Petes strawberry blonde. It was pretty tasty, but I havent seen it around here in a few years.

Theres a brewery around here that makes rogue's brutal bitter. Its a pretty good dark beer, but my staple lately has been Guinness, if I go out.

But for my house beer, Ive been partial to the good ol 211 (Steel reserve) lately. Its cheap as hell and pretty good.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Dam beer they sell everywhere in Barcelona,Spain must be my favorite beer experience, since bars everywhere there that had it in huge glasses totally ice cold while touring the city was a hot as hell experience.

But as far as a more sophisticated taste, Belgian beers such as Chimay Grande Reserve can't be beat.

[edit on 10/4/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I think it's Damm.

Did you try Damm Voll? (or Voll Damm - never managed to work that one out) only in bottles, dark and c. 8.5% - very nice but tends to knacker the sightseeing plans :w::w::w:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
Hey whats everyone favorite beer? I would say budweiser is mine.

How can people drink Budweiser, it is the worst, horrible wattery piss. All in the marketing.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Maybe he is talking about the REAL Budweiser (Budějovický Budvar) brewed in the Czech Republic that can't be compared with the ersatz you get in the United States (Anheuser-Busch).

European Budweiser: The quality and unique character of Budweiser Budvar beer is based on the use of the best domestic raw materials: the highest quality heads of Žatec hop, selected Moravian malt, especially the company’s own culture of yeast and virgin clear water from 300 m deep artesian wells.

USA Budweiser: Budweiser is brewed using rice and Beechwood chips in addition to the four major ingredients. The Beechwood chips, according to Budweiser, creates a smoother taste, while rice has since been known to the beer world to produce a "clean finish". Rice is an ingredient utilized because it is a less expensive ingredient than malted barley, rye, or other grains.

----

There is about 2.800 different breweries in Europe, 1247 of these breweries you will find in Germany. I love the amazing variety you will find here. Personally I prefer some of the old traditional Franconian brewpubs that do not need any advertising or marketing camapigns.

Greetz from Germany, Pontifex

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join