It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn to Bend Forks (and Spoons)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I ran across this site given some instructions on how to bend forks and spoons..
I haven't honestly given it a try yet, but thought you guys might find it interesting none-the-less... so lemme know if anyone has any success...

Learn to Bend Forks (and Spoons) @ Fork-You.com

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well at first i had some trouble understanding how to bend the fork with out my mind. But then i just got super pissed off and snapped the fork in half.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Interesting...
it drops any precepts of bending the fork with your mind, and focuses on bending it with your hands...

How novel... wonder if anyone ever thought of that method before now?

TO give credit though, it says the focus of the mind, will turn the metal soft enough to bend it easily....

and of course, it is relying upon a spiritual "heat" that is manifested from the ether, to cause it to get soft..

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I actually went to a Jack Houck workshop with a friend, which is the same workshop the fork-you person learned from. If anyone gets a chance to go i would suggest it. The results are pretty fascinating.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As a side note*

A common misconception with bending objects is that your going to bend it with just thought energy alone. While you may get a spontaneous bending while focusing your energy on the object, more often than not, your going to have to apply a little pressure physically to get the object to bend. Some may say this is "cheating" but it really isnt. What your actually doing is energizing the object to get it to become "soft." Once its in the soft state it becomes really pliable and then when you can shape it into whatever you want in ways you wouldnt be able to normally. At the time we thought we were using fake silverware because it became so bendable, later on at home when we tried to bend the same objects without pk they were almost impossible.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can bend silverware, it's an old magic trick. You need two spoons, one bent, one normal. Pass out the normal one then distract the audience and switch it. Use your fingers to cover up the fact that it's already bent. While rubbing or "energizing" it you slowely push it out so it looks like it's bending. It's actually pretty convincing and it's a good trick to freak people out with.

I guess I broke some magician's code by revealing the secrets. The biggest secret magicians have is that their tricks are hardly that amazing lol

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I can bend silverware, it's an old magic trick. You need two spoons, one bent, one normal. Pass out the normal one then distract the audience and switch it. Use your fingers to cover up the fact that it's already bent. While rubbing or "energizing" it you slowely push it out so it looks like it's bending. It's actually pretty convincing and it's a good trick to freak people out with.

I guess I broke some magician's code by revealing the secrets. The biggest secret magicians have is that their tricks are hardly that amazing lol

Actually your talking about something totally different.
As the other person mentioned, until you go to a PK party and witness this yourself your obviously going to be skeptical... I haven't been able to accomplish it yet, but than again, I'm doing it by myself, and haven't really tried more than 3-4 times.. and those times I wasn't really 'focusing' ... Perhaps its my co-ordination...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was talking about somthing different. I was talking about the illusion used to make people think someone can bend spoons and other various silverware. Even if I were to go to a "PK party" I would still be skeptical.

Although I may believe in certain aspects of psychic ability I have yet to meet someone who can actually demonstrate viable proof of controled psychokinetic activity. I have, however, known quite a few magicians and have seen them do amazing things right in front of me.

Think about it this way:

If you don't know how someone did somthing, it's quite often true that the simplest and most rational explaination is the correct one.

Or this way:

Why would someone with such a tremendous power waste it by coming to your house and teaching you to do it (for money I presume)?

Why would they waste it ruining perfectly good silverware?

Don't get me wrong, I believe in a certain degree of limited psychic abilities, I even consider myself more than a bit psychic but bending silverware is a sham.

Edit: Either way, if you could heat up a spoon enough to soften the metal you would burn your fingers to the bone, lets not let wishful thinking get in the way of physics

[edit on 25-9-2006 by Shadowflux]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
well I apologize for your disbelief; until someone 'proves' it to you, I understand you'll remain skeptical, and perhaps even after witnessing it. But regular physics is no longer applicable in most cases considering quantum physics accounts for many more possibilities. Our old way of thinking is undoubtibly 'closed'... quantum physics opens up the door-way to new understandings.

You could look at it this way, for your comment about bending forks and spoons being a waste of time: You being a reading and writing adult take for granted all the repetitive 'waste-of-time' learning your alphabet, or your numerals. Just because all of our previous learning has led us to being able to read and write somewhat flawlessly... does not mean there is no where to go from there... it does not mean all our 'new' learning is going to involve an advancement of our current knowledge, (mathematics and language) our new knowledge won't be an expansion of these concepts...
Our new knowledge will have to be established the same way our current knowledge has been We will have to bring ourselves to being children again, doing repetitive 'waste-of-time' activities to learn new concepts of knowledge.
So this bending of spoons and forks is likened to, tracing the letters of the alphabet to learn how to read and write.

We have filled our logical mind with logical concepts of knowledge, now its time to fill our creative, or non-logical side with different concepts of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Except that quantum physics is generally theoretical. If we were to apply rules of quantum physics to the act of bending silverware it would go somthing like this:

You show me how it's possible to bend a fork, however, since I'm expecting to see you bend a spoon then the fork becomes a spoon because I, the observer, have changed it. As you begin to bend the fork-turned-spoon you begin to realise that you're not really bending the fork at all, you're forcing the appearance of the same fork in a bent state because that same fork exists in an infinite number of places in an infinite number of positions, shapes and sizes. The fork then bends like butter and breaks in half, smashing into a thousand peices which then begin to melt and disappear.

The fork disappeared because it was never there in the first place, it was merely a creation of your mind stemming from what you as an observer, a force without form, expected everything to look like. The fork was never really a fork, it was one of an infinite number of combinations of the energy making up the fork. Neither you nor I were really there, in your living room, looking at silverware change state. There was no room, there was no fork, there was only the combined effort of two observers to affect their environment.

So even according to quantum physics you can't bend silverware 'cause there really is no silverware.

All man's knowledge has grown from the knowledge, realisations and understanding of the past. Since the first thinking organism learned somthing new we have been building off of previous knowledge to create our new knowledge.

When you were first learning to read you knew what a "cat" was, what it looked like, and probably how to say it. You learned to write the word "cat" because your teacher told you that a three letter combination consisting of C, A, and T is the formula we use to represent that furry little critter.

When scientists began to come up with the theory of Quantum Physics they built it off of the knowledge they had before that. They did not start all over again and ask themselves "Why is the sky blue?"

I think what you meant to say is that with new knowledge comes the need to redefine certain processes, actions, objects, or concepts along the line of the new knowledge.

Quantum physics is fun and all but you have to stay grounded in reality. According to QP there's a chance that you can walk right through the wall, but try as you might it's not gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Except that quantum physics is generally theoretical. If we were to apply rules of quantum physics to the act of bending silverware it would go somthing like this:

You show me how it's possible to bend a fork, however, since I'm expecting to see you bend a spoon then the fork becomes a spoon because I, the observer, have changed it. As you begin to bend the fork-turned-spoon you begin to realise that you're not really bending the fork at all, you're forcing the appearance of the same fork in a bent state because that same fork exists in an infinite number of places in an infinite number of positions, shapes and sizes. The fork then bends like butter and breaks in half, smashing into a thousand peices which then begin to melt and disappear.

The fork disappeared because it was never there in the first place, it was merely a creation of your mind stemming from what you as an observer, a force without form, expected everything to look like. The fork was never really a fork, it was one of an infinite number of combinations of the energy making up the fork. Neither you nor I were really there, in your living room, looking at silverware change state. There was no room, there was no fork, there was only the combined effort of two observers to affect their environment.

So even according to quantum physics you can't bend silverware 'cause there really is no silverware.

All man's knowledge has grown from the knowledge, realisations and understanding of the past. Since the first thinking organism learned somthing new we have been building off of previous knowledge to create our new knowledge.

When you were first learning to read you knew what a "cat" was, what it looked like, and probably how to say it. You learned to write the word "cat" because your teacher told you that a three letter combination consisting of C, A, and T is the formula we use to represent that furry little critter.

When scientists began to come up with the theory of Quantum Physics they built it off of the knowledge they had before that. They did not start all over again and ask themselves "Why is the sky blue?"

I think what you meant to say is that with new knowledge comes the need to redefine certain processes, actions, objects, or concepts along the line of the new knowledge.

Quantum physics is fun and all but you have to stay grounded in reality. According to QP there's a chance that you can walk right through the wall, but try as you might it's not gonna happen.

That's a rather basic understanding of Quantum Physics.... thats just applying it to theorize one point of view.

They have explained Quantum Physics this way because it gets people thinking and accepting possibilities.

Quantum Physics is not bound to typical rules and methods. Therefore the possibilities increase... What you portrayed is simply one theory out of a million or more. The fact is we know there is a fork, there are certain things which we know, it is easy to say we create reality and everything in it. But understanding what it means is altogether another ball-park.

The fact that the spoon/fork is there is more concrete than perhaps a elephant or a cinder-block being in my hand... The reason why I created that in my hand was because there were certain energy signatures available to manipulate the energy of the fork into a certain state... Depending on my focus point, it could be a cold fork/spoon or a silver.grey fork/spoon, or I can broaden my focus point to include both the cold fork/spoon and the silver.grey aspects of the fork/spoon... Sure we create reality but the process is different than what your proposing.
We create reality by being aware of certain aspects of it. We create reality by OBSERVING... We don't create it non-chalantly by just being there in a room... You didn't create the chair you sat on until you observe certain aspects of it, than it is created in your mind and 'out-there'

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I see what you're saying but I think that Quantum Physics is mislabeled anyway. I'm no scientist but I feel it's so rife with different and often contradicting theories that it's not too many steps away from being completely theoretical and not hard science anymore. There's theory and there's reality. Considering too many possibilities obfuscates a situation and also goes against occam's razor.

That electron may have traveled though a million different pathways before going through the slot and onto the photo paper but it's more likely that it just went right through. Oh well, I guess there's little left to argue about.

We'll just leave it that I don't think you can bend spoons and you do

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Can someone post instructions how to bend silverware like the person did in the video? Thank you

I am going to use a spoon.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Can someone post instructions how to bend silverware like the person did in the video? Thank you

I am going to use a spoon.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

well first, check out This Thread so you can familiarize yourself with energy and the body... (I suggest 'finding' the book thats mentioned in the thread)
than the idea would be to run energy thru the silverware.. theres many method out there.. but the thread I've mentioned is an excellent way to practice and understand energy and once you get a bit of understanding put it to work by running energy thru the spoon or fork.. I'm not gonna lie.. its gonna take some work.. u have to be focused, but not on the spoon or fork, but on something else (hint hint, energy) but you have to imagine or ... think a certain way, because if you focus on the spoon or fork as it is, that is all you will ever see.. (when you change the WAY you look at things, the things you look at change.)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have to say I joined this site JUST to tell you guys that I read that article from the first post and uh...it worked for me.

As silly as it may sound to those that just do not believe in this, it really does work. Everything written on that site was true for me from the first "meditation" to being able to "feel" when the metal is soft enough to bend. The only variation I found after bending the fork is extreme heat in the bent area. Nowhere does she mention this, but the heat is fleeting.

I suggest if you really do not believe in it...give it a try anyways. Who knows, you might prove yourself wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You guys are wierd........... fork/spoon bending or bending any type of metal object with the mind is just a silly concept and a waste of time for people trying to achieve the impossible.

Don't you think if people really could bend/levitate metal objects with the mind that this skill would be harnessed into everyday life and used indefinately....... if this ability could be performed right now thousands if not millions of people would be using this skill at home and at work......... imagine workers lifting up huge beams of steel or bending it all with their minds to fit it all into a bin.......

You show me a 100% legit video of you or someone else bending a fork/spoon with the mind or levitating the object (which for some reason i cant find on the WORLDWIDE INTERNET....... hmmmm???) and i will kiss your feet and call you grandma or whatever tickles your fancy......

Enjoy your time wasting

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You know what I think is a silly concept? Someone bringing back dead threads from members that don't post here anymore simply to scold them for being foolish.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

see promblem it could not be introduced into everyday the amount of physical and mental energy is to draining Newton 3 law for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction in other words hard on the (bender) i would add on to newton law, are you bending the or is the spoon or is the spoon bending your perception

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Art0_Saar1

I suggest reading Dr. Ira Teller's book, CONTROL SWITCH ON, which deals with the development of a Psi-control switch. It is a true story and can be found for free at www.controlswitchon.com. This will give us some great insight
into bending spoons and what is happening in this field.

new topics

top topics

join