It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove Promises Oct Surprise to GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Whoa!

Well, all you inside-jobbers, here's one for the books. Much hated Karl Rove is promising GOP candidates that an October surprise is coming that will ensure a GOP sweep.

Let the discussion begin.....

Rove Says Oct Surprise on the way

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's not the kind of "October Surprise" I'm thinking is going to happen, but I'm sure something will happen. It should be interesting as hell to sit and watch it unfold.

Anything Rove is involved in has me worried...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
thetyee.ca...

Inside, Rove was talking to an aide about some political stratagem in some state that had gone awry and a political operative who had displeased him. I paid it no mind and reviewed a jotted list of questions I hoped to ask. But after a moment, it was like ignoring a tornado flinging parked cars. "We will # him. Do you hear me? We will # him. We will ruin him. Like no one has ever #ed him!" As a reporter, you get around--curse words, anger, passionate intensity are not notable events--but the ferocity, the bellicosity, the violent imputations were, well, shocking. This went on without a break for a minute or two. Then the aide slipped out looking a bit ashen, and Rove, his face ruddy from the exertions of the past few moments, looked at me and smiled a gentle, Clarence-the-Angel smile. "Come on in." And I did. And we had the most amiable chat for a half hour.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/3/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So Rove has already fixed the election eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
so what does Rove have in mind??? surely it wasn't the Foley Fiasco

maybe it's Iran...I found this on Wikipedia and just had to post it

Rumors of 2006 October Surprise
Former Sen. Gary Hart believes that one possibility is an attack on Iran' nuclear program, and possibly a broader attack aimed at regime change.[2]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, I just hope that isn't it.

What bothers me more than anything else, is that I have allowed this evil man to get into my conscious and question things based on his October Surprise. Maybe that was the surprise, to show us how easily it is to get in our minds like this.

This is by far the nastiest election I have seen, at least as an adult voter. I'm honestly ready for it to be over.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Maybe the capture of UBL????

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Maybe the capture of UBL????

They would never do that because it would be the end of the war on terror for the average joe. And they would lose the little political backing they still have.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I've said before that it would be easy enough to capture the patsy lookalike and haul him in and claim victory!!!!!

Whatever it is, its either the greatest lie ever told, or the greatest fake ever shown!!!

I cant wait!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Gee....I thought Foley was their big Oct. surprise...lol!!!

no??

maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they're moving on Iraq this year. they won't have all their little ducks in position before then.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Between the story above (N Korean Nuke test) and recent reports of a big US Navy deployment, I think we may be seeing the beginings of an October surprise.

Maybe not the one Rove was talking about, but something is brewing.

This thread covers the Navy deployment:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's some info on the original "October Surprise" where Bush Senior and Reagan made backdoor deals with the Iranians to win the elections and supply more arms to Iran.

www.consortiumnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
maybe I'm wrong, but if the ships leave here oct. first....are they gonna get to the middle east in oct.??

seems like it took my son longer to get there than that..

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I heard that Kanye West is going to do a song with GWB.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Whatever it is, I'm quite sure I wont like it.

As I think this week demonstrates, there are some who will do ANYTHING to keep power.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Is the surprise coming soon?

Record highs on the Dow Jones and FTSE.
Source

Record PUT options on major indexes for October 6th
Source

Al-Qaeda leader in Iraq reportedly killed, although US military deny.
Source

Police hold Iranian in Belgian bomb plot.
Source

Condoleeza Rice in pointless and dead-end Middle-East talks.
Source

[edit on 5-10-2006 by uknumpty]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm sure the put option on tomorrow are a big hint. Something big will happen in the next 2 weeks. Probably a terrorist attack on the US, putting martial law, reporting mid-term elections, attacking Iran.

new topics

top topics

join