It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musharraf on 60 minutes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Musharraf is saying on 60 Minutes this Sunday that GWB told him post 9-11 either joins us or we will bomb your country to the stone age!

www.alertnet.org...

The intelligence director told me that (Armitage) said, 'Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age,'" Musharraf said.

I fiqured it was only a matter of time before Pakistan was in our crosshairs.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I fiqured it was only a matter of time before Pakistan was in our crosshairs.

They've always been there, it was only a matter of time before everyone knew about it. I wonder how many of the other 'coalition' nations were threatened with the might of the US military?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
pakistan was in a serious bind. they were huge supporters of the taliban but they also needed our aid and assistance. let's see, side with the heroin producing band of criminals or side with the most powerful nation on the planet and not only avoid being attacked but get some cash too.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Perhaps that's why Bush acts like it owns Pakistan, he is ordering troops to get into that country without even asking Musharraf.

He is not very happy about it, something like that with such a very weak position as MUsharraf have on its country very easily can bring his hold on the country on a precarious situation.

So Musharraf who is your daddy?

I guess Chavez did a great job with his speech and now countries are going to talk about their dissatisfaction against the US and what did Chavez call Bush regime?

Yeah imperialist.

Thats ok all Bush has to do is offer more money for coercion.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps that's why Bush acts like it owns Pakistan, he is ordering troops to get into that country without even asking Musharraf.

Well lets see, didn't Musharraf just negotiated a treaty where that terrorists in Pakistan would be left alone as long as they don't do anything in that country. So if Osama Bin Laden was found, Pakistan won't do anything. Its a wonder why we pushed Pakistan to cooperate in the first place.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
beats the way clinton did it. warn pakistan that we are using pakistani airspace so they can, in turn, warn the taliban (their allies) to warn bin laden.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
so its not just ATS members who use the frase bomb your country back to the stone age lol

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The repercussions here in the UK don't bear thinking about should the US even attempt such a thing. As one of the prime allies in the 'War on Islam' and with a sizeable million-odd Pakistani population, we would face the prospect of a war of cultures on our own doorstep

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski
The repercussions here in the UK don't bear thinking about should the US even attempt such a thing. As one of the prime allies in the 'War on Islam' and with a sizeable million-odd Pakistani population, we would face the prospect of a war of cultures on our own doorstep

That is true timski...

People call the WOT a US war, but I truly wonder if the UK is just as involved and not JUST a sidekick. So many protray the UK as a lapdog, but I wonder if they are involved in planning it just as much as the US is.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
let's see, side with the heroin producing band of criminals

- Except this part is a lie and totally untrue.

I realise it goes against the current propaganda but the truth is that the Taliban had almost completely stamped out the Afghan heroin trade.

JALALABAD, Afghanistan (February 15, 2001 8:19 p.m. EST
U.N. drug control officers said the Taliban religious militia has nearly wiped out opium production in Afghanistan -- once the world's largest producer -- since banning poppy cultivation last summer.

A 12-member team from the U.N. Drug Control Program spent two weeks searching most of the nation's largest opium-producing areas and found so few poppies that they do not expect any opium to come out of Afghanistan this year.

"We are not just guessing. We have seen the proof in the fields," said Bernard Frahi, regional director for the U.N. program in Afghanistan and Pakistan. He laid out photographs of vast tracts of land cultivated with wheat alongside pictures of the same fields taken a year earlier -- a sea of blood-red poppies.

opioids.com...

That's not to say they were a bunch of nice guys or nothing but it is the truth.

Since their departure heroin production has grown massively.

Afghanistan’s opium harvest this year has reached the highest levels ever recorded, showing an increase of almost 50 percent from last year, the executive director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Antonio Maria Costa, said Saturday in Kabul.

2006 record Afghan heroin production

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Oh, so thats how you get allies to fight alongside with US in so-called War on Terror!

"Either you are with us, or you get carpet bombed to Stone(d) Age!"

I must say, I bet it works very well.

And now they lived happily ever after....

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I realise it goes against the current propaganda but the truth is that the Taliban had almost completely stamped out the Afghan heroin trade.

That's not to say they were a bunch of nice guys or nothing but it is the truth.

That was then and this is now:

Submitted by Bob Geiger on September 8, 2006 - 10:45am.
It is known that Afghanistan's massive drug trade, which provides 92 percent of the world's opium, is one of the primary sources of funding for the Taliban, with that group generating roughly 70 percent of its income through the production and sale of opium. And a report released by the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime said that rampant opium production and illicit drug trafficking could cripple the already fragile Afghan government.
www.democrats.com...

Since the Taliban are no longer free to pillage and plunder at will, they must turn back to their roots for money.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I never understood the outrage over the statement "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terrorism". Why would you remain neutral? Because your country hasn't been attacked yet? Well, it's only a matter of time until you are attacked, believe me. Terrorist bombings and executions happen every day around the globe. That is, unless you want to be a muslim. Then they won't attack you - they'll just take over your gov't.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Oh, so thats how you get allies to fight alongside with US in so-called War on Terror!

"Either you are with us, or you get carpet bombed to Stone(d) Age!"

I must say, I bet it works very well.

And now they lived happily ever after....

I'm no fan of Musharraf. He is a dictator who is courted and seen as a 'respectable leader' when he was not elected, and came to power in a coup....

But, saying to him as the representative of Pakistan that, and I quote Musharraf as he quotes Armitage, if Pakistan did not join the WoT:

"Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to be bombed back into the stone age."

....is something that does not surprise me. In fact, I suspected such exchanges after Musharraf was very quiet after Sept 11th 2001, then suddenly came out on the US 'side'.

If this is true what the US did, then it continues the tradition of being bullies.

They threaten and intimidate others with violence until they get what they want.

That's what bullies do, and continue to do until someone stands up, someone who won't take #, and gives them a punch on the nose or worse.

History teaches us this has become of bullies in the past. It may look impossible now, but believe me, one day it will happen.

The US thinks the world is it's playground to bully, but there's some kids out there who won't take it lying down.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm wondering what would have prompted the Bush administration to actually threaten a nuke bearing country ? So more of our world diplomacy is unearthed. This is not good at all.

Pie

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
That is, unless you want to be a muslim. Then they won't attack you - they'll just take over your gov't.

And I thought this was a War on Terror not War on Islam.

I guess I missunderstood Mister President Bush.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by jsobecky
That is, unless you want to be a muslim. Then they won't attack you - they'll just take over your gov't.

And I thought this was a War on Terror not War on Islam.

I guess I missunderstood Mister President Bush.

You read the meaning of the post backwards. It is a WOT, The T's are Islamo-facists. We're not after the religion; we're after the terrorists who just happen to be practicing terrorism in the name of a religion.

But you knew that, didn't you?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I'm wondering what would have prompted the Bush administration to actually threaten a nuke bearing country ? So more of our world diplomacy is unearthed. This is not good at all.

Pie

You just listed another reason for US to deal with Iran before they reach that stage...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Nice one America. Way to make allies. Idiots.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm suspicious of this.

Musharraf is very controversial and quite hated in Pakistan for going along with the war on terror, and allowing Pakistani air bases to be used in the war in Afghanistan.

I feel that perhaps his statement is a way of him saving face, saying that he had no choice and joining in with the choir of America=Evil to regain some support.

At the same time I think it is perfectly possible for this story to be true, many terrorists, such as those in 7/7 were trained in Pakistans' extremist madrassahs, and it is recognised that Taliban training camps are operating in the south of the country, currently almost holding control of it. Whether this was the case before Irag/Afghanistan is unknown, but Pakistan have always been an 'odd' ally in the War on Terror.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join