It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New energy drink- "Cocaine"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I saw this article while checking the news earlier. A new energy drink is being sold under the name "Cocaine", and depite its name is just a caffeine jolt. Pretty sick way to advertise if you ask me. I can already see my kid walking around with a can of this stuff saying, hey dad look I'm doing coc aine. Not that funny.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 21-9-2006 by opinionsarefree]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Considering that it is, pretty well, common knowledge that Coca Cola had Cocaine in it as the ingredient that gave it it's "jolt", it's hardly surprising that someone has come along to exploit this. Cocaine is derived from the Coca plant, hence the Coca part of Coca Colas name. Incidentally, cafeine was added to Coca Cola after coc aine was no longer allowed to be a significant ingredient in Coca Cola (but it's still there in minute amounts!)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Awesome now i can go around and ask people. Hey do you want to try coc aine it is so good come on try it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What are they going to call the next new energy drink, Crystal Meth? Maybe Heroin.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I had a drink called Liquid Cocaine @ Billards.

However it provided no energy for me, infact me made me move reaaaaal slow.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by opinionsarefree
What are they going to call the next new energy drink, Crystal Meth? Maybe Heroin.

Err, heroine would be a sleep aid.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So, millions of people blow millions of dollars on heroin so that they can sleep better- I seriously doubt it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A cup of coffee has 90mg of caffeine.

This new drink has 280 milligrams of caffeine.

Freakin’ insane

I’d hate to see if a kid chugged one of these by mistake. At least the name should help prevent that.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I had a drink called Liquid Cocaine @ Billards.

However it provided no energy for me, infact me made me move reaaaaal slow.

Delicious!

Have had a few of them on more than one occasion.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

So, millions of people blow millions of dollars on heroin so that they can sleep better- I seriously doubt it.

No, but it sure isn't an upper. You familiar with the drug at all?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Coffe strangely has never had an affect on me. Only after about 4 very strong cups do I feel something :w: >
I don't see the point much. I want to this drink to see if it does make you more alert which something I need a little of now and then. I think it's dumb calling it coc aine as of course it will no be allowed, but somehow I think that this is the whole point. It's to gain exposure and attention towards their product, then change the name to something more suitable and watch the money pour in as everyone has now heard of it and is wanting to try it. Clever marketing that's all it is, so don't get your knickers in too much of a twist.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No knickers here.I would guess that you probably don't have kids and thus would not understand where I'm coming from. No matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I can already see my kid walking around with a can of this stuff saying, hey dad look I'm doing coc aine. Not that funny.

Lol, I would sooo do that if I was still a kid.

Anyway I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just harmless fun. Besides, with a name like that I bet it'll get more attention & sell more. Hell, I'm gonna go buy some now. I had never heard of it before.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
caffeine and sugar highs are one thing.

check out Coca-Sek. The real deal, much like the original Coca Cola.

www.coc... aine.org/coca-sek/index.html

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Dallas based 7-11 chain has decided to pull the energy drink "coc aine" from its shelves due to image concerns. What a shocker, guess I wasn't the only one that thought it was tasteless.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think it's a stupid and disgusting idea for a drink, not to mention an insult to humanity in general.

Firstly naming a drink after a drug is plain idiodic. Secondly, that amount of caffein could kill alot of people around the world. Think about all the dumb teenagers around the world who are hooked on red bull getting their hands on 8 cans of 'coc aine' a day. = heart attack at 20.

My last point is this:Energy drinks are gay.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Secondly, that amount of caffein could kill alot of people around the world. Think about all the dumb teenagers around the world who are hooked on red bull getting their hands on 8 cans of 'coc aine' a day. = heart attack at 20.

Good, social Darwinism at it's finest. I say offer free samples--I'll donate.

new topics

top topics

join