It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jericho

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I really like this show. Since I get home late at night its been a great thing to find it on torrents with no commercials and in HD. The St.Louis Cop character is very interesting. I think he knew there was going to be an attack , hence the reason why he moved there in the first place and seemed to be fully prepared. I won't go into details but those of you who watched Episode 3 know what I mean by his being prepared. His wife also mentioned something about him always knowing more then everyone else.
Skeet Ulrich (The Poor mans Johnny Depp) seems so damn "stiff" to me. He seems like he has a back brace on or something even when he's doing something tedious he always seems to be in a rigid position. he needs to loosen up. He too seems very mysterious telling different people that he was working in different jobs for each response. Is he supposed to have been in some sort of Spec Ops maybe?

Although I am used to the voices of deaf people, I find the deaf girls voice to be a little on the irritating side. Its one thing to hear the different tones in real life and another to hear her high pitched voice on TV. I find it to be annoying when she does speak.They could have found someone with a little more pleasing tone.

Im looking forward to more episodes. I hope it gets more interesting. Im very curious to find out the cause of the explosions and who did it.

Pie

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ok Im dying to know whats up with this guy Hawkins now. After yesterdays episode with Victor I am really curious what the deal is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pie

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I had to miss the show last night because it was in the same timeslot as LOST.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

good call

i don't particularly like this show, just to let you all know

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Its even better on the torrents. No commercials! AND it won't conflict with your LOST

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wow I just found a site that is very into Jericho. Do you realize that the morse code on the shows in the beginning are actually different messages? The ip addresses being used are actually DOD sites and there are lots of other little conspiracies surrounding the show plot. Last nights episode was pretty awesome. Some things are shaping up quite nicely.
Did Hawkins send out the Reverse 9-11 calls?
Did Hawkins Launch the ICBM's?
Did Hawkins set up the Emergency response TV message?

Here hawkins is using a Russian Website to access the net.

If you are interested here is the link to that site. Lots of info.

Linkage

[edit on 19-10-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thepieman, looks like your initial impressions about him were right!

Interesting to see that it was a russian site. I found it amusing how he flipped his amex over and the numbers upside down became the 'crazy russian letters' for his access code.

The original show was created when the US and Soviets might've nuked one another, so perhaps this plotline is a hold over, Hawkins and that guy who died from radiation poisoning were russian sleeper agents of some sort apparently.

I like how the episode shows that there is a press conference about to be made, and then .... the counter attack.

I also liked how it was 'the assistant (or was it deputy?) secretary of homeland security, iow, a third tier official, meaning everyone else is wiped out in government.
Interesting also that there's no word on who the president is, since it should automatically go down the line of succession. Either a helluva lot of officials died in the attack (to get to an assistant secretary in homeland security), or the situation was so confusing that Homeland seized power.
But then oddly, the IRS chick says that 'homeland was supposed to take over'.

ANd all this time I thought it was FEMA!

I actually missed the two episodes before this one. Can someone fill me in?

What happened to the deaf girl?
The mayor mentioned that half the police went to Denver, um, Why? They're going to die.

Did they say who attacked them yet? Or have the people speculated who it was, as in 'them damn moslems' or 'crazy commies', etc? I get the impression that there was serious internal conflict in the leadup, rather than outside strife.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was just reading the wiki entry, I didn't know this, the opening title has morse code in it, and it spells out something different in each episode. For most its been nothing other than the title of the show, but the recent one says 'He Knows Rob'.

SINISTER!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Nygdan
Im really surprised more people on this site aren't into this show. Its definitly getting my attention. You should grab episodes 3 & 4 off of a torrent. They are easy to locate. I have both if you have a place for me to upload them, 360mb each .avi file.

Pie

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Uow, the last episode was amazing.
Btw, what were those missiles? Nuclear ones?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin

Yup.

I liked this episode as well. I wonder who got nuked?

Also, if there were nukes launching from near Jericho, then why was Jericho spared? Wouldn't that be one of the first targets?

I see either 2 glaring plot-holes or two very big plot-twist that will come by the end of the season(with a cliffhanger ending of course).

[edit on 20-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
wow I just found a site that is very into Jericho. Do you realize that the morse code on the shows in the beginning are actually different messages? The ip addresses being used are actually DOD sites and there are lots of other little conspiracies surrounding the show plot. Last nights episode was pretty awesome. Some things are shaping up quite nicely.
Did Hawkins send out the Reverse 9-11 calls?
Did Hawkins Launch the ICBM's?
Did Hawkins set up the Emergency response TV message?

Here hawkins is using a Russian Website to access the net.

If you are interested here is the link to that site. Lots of info.

Linkage

Dude, AWESOME find.
This show rocks.
I could throw around about a million theories on Hawkins.
I do feel Jake was some kind of military, secreat agent kind of thing, tried getting out and couldnt, that is why he came back for some money. Only time will tell.
This show is great.
Keep this thread going.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by lardo5150]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You should grab episodes 3 & 4 off of a torrent. They are easy to locate. I have both if you have a place for me to upload them, 360mb each .avi file.

Distributing copyrighted material without the copyright holder's permission isn't permissible. Lets not discuss such things.

Im really surprised more people on this site aren't into this show.

I'm surprised too, especially because it seems to imply, in the begining and imo at least, that things like the WOT and the ascendancy of the right were causing severe civil war scale divisions within the US. I also have to wonder, just who were those nukes flying torwards in that last episode, some foreign country that attacked the US, or at cities held by a radical faction within the US? Is it all politics as normal, or is there some secret cabal behind it all, manipulating everyone into warfare, and then using that chaos to install themselves into power.
Very apopros of ATS!

tunin

I think its implied, yes. The idea is that there are nuke silos all over the US, such that in a full scale counter attack, even a tiny, meaningless backwater town like Jericho would see them streak off into the sky. The whole episode lead up to that point, the telephone announcment that there'd be 'further instructions', and then the mysterious apparent press conference on tv. We don't see what happens there, we get cutoff before it starts, but it was almost certainly whatever authority is left saying 'we've been attacked, and we're going to get those muthas!", then the launch of the counter-attack.
The fact that it takes, in the timeline of the show, at least, what, a few days, for the counter attack, is interesting. It implies that so many authorities were wiped out, that it took that long to figure out who's in charge and how to even send them. Or that the attack was utterly mysterious. IN the old days, it'd've been a soviet attack, with soviet armies massing to invade the US, and a counter-strike would be instantaneous. But today, the world is more chaotic, so they'd probably need a few days to decide who hit them, you'd have to be certain of who to hit, you'd only get one chance perhaps.

sardion2000
Also, if there were nukes launching from near Jericho, then why was Jericho spared? Wouldn't that be one of the first targets?

There is a bit of a problem in terms of geography for the show. Jerhico is supposed ot be in Kansas, apparently, but they can see the rocky mountains, even denver, off in the distance, which is nonsense.
Small towns wouldn't be targeted in a traditional soviet first strike, but all silos and bases would be. Jerhico is only spared because its completely irrelevant.

I see either 2 glaring plot-holes or two very big plot-twist that will come by the end of the season(with a cliffhanger ending of course).

Do tell. The only think I can think of right now is that the blonde's boyfriend's plane is 'known' to have landed safely, for some reason. So presumably he will eventually come back.

lardo5150
I do feel Jake was some kind of military, secreat agent kind of thing, tried getting out and couldnt, that is why he came back for some money.

I get the impression that he was in prison or something like that. Maybe he learned about power plants and all these other things while he was doing various jobs as an inmate. Though they did note that his passport was flagged by the US government, maybe he left the country and was invovled with some wacky groups, or maybe he was in the military and over seas, but got kicked out.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am going with some kind of military theory for Jake.
I thought the picture hawkins pulled up was a military ID? He did have a crew cut for the pic as well, even though I know this probrally means nothing.
It also showed a lot of countries he had visited. Who knows, to early to tell.
Right now I am more interested in what Hawkins is up to and what side he is on.

The part where they were listening to the black box from the airline was creepy.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Distributing copyrighted material without the copyright holder's permission isn't permissible. Lets not discuss such things.

Ok watch them on their site

www.cbs.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Do tell. The only think I can think of right now is that the blonde's boyfriend's plane is 'known' to have landed safely, for some reason. So presumably he will eventually come back.

That's one, the other is them seeing the ICBM's being launched.

I am going with some kind of military theory for Jake.

They actually goofed a bit. When he was coming back in the original episode he didn't say he was in the Army, but in a promo in that exact scene, when he was asked, he said he was in the army. It was right before that first encounter with his "ex".

[edit on 24-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Ok watch them on their site

www.cbs.com...

I did just that. After watching all five episodes, well I'm hooked. I'll be DVRing these from now on. Thanks for the linky.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
but in a promo in that exact scene, when he was asked, he said he was in the army. It was right before that first encounter with his "ex".

Yes but he allways makes up something different when people ask.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Without getting too specific, it is possible for a member of the military to work in covert operations for the State Department. They would still have their military I.D., but would have a false record of where they had been. As an operative, they would travel under assumed identies with false passports and I.D.s. If Jake had worked as a covert operative, he could possibly have a false military record to cover the time frame. Hawkins could have “made” the record as fake, hence the smile. Just remember, it’s TV and may not make sense to those who know how things actually work.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Anyone check out last nights episode?
We know for sure that Hawkins worked for the government and knew that this was going to happen, but I dont think he know of the whole scale.
Starting to think my theory on Jake being military or special ops or something like that is bunk. I am really starting to think he just had a messed up past and got involved in the wrong crowd. But he does still seem to know a lot.

Did anyone else catch the eplosion in the sky that caused the EMP? If you did, go back and watch it, it is a small dot in the sky.

Hawkins typed "what was the target, ours our theirs?" I really want to know what this is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join