It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't visit Istanbul, John Paul's attacker warns Pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The man who tried to kill Pope John Paul II warned his successor yesterday not to make a scheduled visit to Turkey because his life would be at risk.
"As someone who knows these matters well, I say your life is in danger," Mehmet Ali Agca said. "Don't come to Turkey."

Source

How big would the chances be the Pope gets assassinated during one of his visits? Personally, I think the chance of actually killing him would be very minor, seen the level of protection he has.

What do you expect would happen if he gets assassinated?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I dont know maybe that is what the pope is wanting.

Someone tries to take his life when he visits Turkey. That would back up his claims about the Islamic Religion.

I hope he does not go.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Al Qaeda wanted to kill the previous Pope back in 95. Since he's a hard target and security around the Pope is tight, they decided to go after less defended targets.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
According to the article he does wear a bullet proof vest since the threatenings started last week. In addition, you would expect that his bulletproof pope mobile would give enough protection to enjoy his time in such a beautiful city.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
According to the article he does wear a bullet proof vest since the threatenings started last week. In addition, you would expect that his bulletproof pope mobile would give enough protection to enjoy his time in such a beautiful city.

Not against a VBIED. Thats for sure. If a Muslim is devoted to killing the Pope by becoming a martyr with that weapon, the Pope's vehicle ain't gonna stop it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
On the other hand, the pope is walking around st. peters, amid crowds of the public, with only a few guards around him and no 'popmobile' like shell.

Its somewhat reprehensible that the turkish press would, effectively, communicate a threat from a maniac like Ali. THe pope criticised islam, and many muslims are saying that this is an offense. Now the turksih press is physyically threatening the pope, that, at the very least, is an offense also.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This would never had happened when Istanbul was Constantinople, but now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

The man who tried to kill Pope John Paul II warned his successor yesterday not to make a scheduled visit to Turkey because his life would be at risk.
"As someone who knows these matters well, I say your life is in danger," Mehmet Ali Agca said. "Don't come to Turkey."

Source

How big would the chances be the Pope gets assassinated during one of his visits? Personally, I think the chance of actually killing him would be very minor, seen the level of protection he has.

What do you expect would happen if he gets assassinated?

I would expect that he would be mourned and then , that's it!
Only God knows what happens next!.
As for how people would react,that is a different matter .
I would not think that the true R.Catholic followers, would allow themselves to behave in such violence......and I am talking about the true followers, not the high up people!
Maybe have lot's of people demonstrating and all that,but in my opinion,that would only 'fire' things up, causing other issues to come out.
The Popes death would certainly be 'big time' talk amongst the groups of extreme, fanatical Christian groups.This, however,would certainly bring more, so called 'wana bee prophets, calling out ''It is the end'', and may lead to doomsday fanatics(as did happen with the many 'cult' groups years back?///)try and bring about some future prophecy written by 'cult' members or groups.

?///
(as did happen with the many 'cult' groups years back?)............The time when a Japanese cult group claimed that a prophecy would be fullfilled, and made sure by mass suicide?, cannot remember the full story.
Then there was also, the cult group of alien believing followers, who so thought that they were among the chosen ones, to bring on the U.F.O's? cannot quite remember that story too...they actually put on sneakers, and suicided(mass suicide, I think?)I do remember the sneakers and sports clothing....
Anyway, this surely would bring about alot of happenings,but not so much as to cause a majour catastrophe, unless it involved violence toward other groups of religious peoples.
I guess it would have to depend on how the True Christians act toward forgiveness of one's enemies and not seek to do as one does to you.
In other words, ''an eye for an eye'' would only bring about more trouble then imagined.

I am not saying that prophecy about the end of times is an untruth, but only God knows the time and the seasons of when that will be......there are quite a few prophecies that have yet, to come out.......

Hi Rasobas/

This would never had happened when Istanbul was Constantinople, but now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

Are you singing?
Well,
It all depends on what Prophecy.......never know how things will turn out!
Although it's Istanbul,
it will be, Constantinople.

helen
All in all.....when a persons life is up, it is up.
In Gods hand ......

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
This would never had happened when Istanbul was Constantinople, but now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople.

Of course, ironically, it all started when it was called Byzantium (the source of the quotation).

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
C'mon Nygdan, that's nobody's business but the Turks...........ISTANBUL

top topics

join