It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man get 2 years for beheading girlfriends kitten!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Please move this Mods if you so wish to for I could not think of where to put it.

EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois (AP) -- A man who admitted in court to tearing off the head of a kitten after a fight with his girlfriend has been sentenced to two years in prison.

This man, I guess, had an arguement with his girl friend, in the end he wants to get back at her and took his anger out on a kitten! Why would you do such a thing??

Authorities say that after a July 28 dispute between Thornton and his live-in girlfriend, the 30-year-old woman left the home before returning to find her kitten's head and detached body in the front yard.

I think he may be getting the 2 years with a combonation of chargers, though he was arrested and charged with animal torture which the prosecuters wanted a strong sentance with prision time.

I personally agree you deserve time in prision for killing animals, it usuall is a good sign you are mentally unstable and possibly a threat to humans as well. Tearing off a kittens head! .. It did not say he cut it off, it says he tore it off.. how disgusting is that? But as sick as it is, does it deserve two years in prision? I personally think it deserves maybe a year or so in jail, though the act was appalling and the poor cat died, two years just seems a little harsh? What are your opinions, where do we lay down the line to discourage people from animal abuse?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think 2 years is a bit excessive, but chances are he won't spend anywhere near 2 years in there if given the oppurtunity of parole or getting out on good behavior. I just wonder how this clown gets 2 years for killing a cat, but some child molesters and rapists end up with about the same sentance...if not just probation. I love cats and all....but really....

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
That moron should be beaten into a coma for that........hopefully he gets a little prison justice !!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'd call for his own head to get chopped off for this crime.

What kind of horrible person could do that to a sweet little kitten! Reading this brought me almost to tears.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
its hard ot believe what some people do. in my opinion 2 years isnt whats called for here, someone should tear his head off nice and slow. if yo uthink that is too harsh, put yourself in the kittens shoes. the kitten didnt do anything. people take their pets serously in the world today, many treat pets like children. and in that mental aspect, what would you do if someone tor you kids head off? in some peoples mind its about the same thing

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by oubliette
its hard ot believe what some people do. in my opinion 2 years isnt whats called for here, someone should tear his head off nice and slow. if yo uthink that is too harsh, put yourself in the kittens shoes. the kitten didnt do anything. people take their pets serously in the world today, many treat pets like children. and in that mental aspect, what would you do if someone tor you kids head off? in some peoples mind its about the same thing

I agee. It is well-known that kids and adults who do such things are psychopaths, meaning they are most likely harming humans and/or children as well. These guys should be strung up for doing such things. I think 2 years is not enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Cruelty to animals through ignorance or accident is one thing, wilful cruelty such as this deserves all it gets.

Two years good call.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think 2 years is a bit excessive, but chances are he won't spend anywhere near 2 years in there if given the oppurtunity of parole or getting out on good behavior. I just wonder how this clown gets 2 years for killing a cat, but some child molesters and rapists end up with about the same sentance...if not just probation. I love cats and all....but really....

How is two years excessive?????

That is animal cruelty fgs. He should have got a longer sentence. People who are cruel to animals show be treated the same as someone who murders someone. Reminds me of those two pig workers who took poles to the pigs hammerin them over the head, just like swingin a baseball bat.

Any form of animal cruelty is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

How is two years excessive?????

That is animal cruelty fgs. He should have got a longer sentence. People who are cruel to animals show be treated the same as someone who murders someone. Reminds me of those two pig workers who took poles to the pigs hammerin them over the head, just like swingin a baseball bat.

Any form of animal cruelty is disgusting.

I completely agree that animal cruelty is disgusting. I find it vile and absolutely grotesque.
The only reason I said that I feel it is excessive is while yes, what he did is absolutely unforgivable there are people who commit worse crimes and get off on much easier punishments.

www.ffrf.org...

The first Native American named as a Mormon general authority, George P. Lee, 51, pleaded guilty to attempted sexual abuse of a girl, now 17. He entered his plea as he was on the verge of being tried on a felony charge of aggravated sexual abuse of the girl, who lived across the street from him. Lee was sentenced to 18 months' probation, fined $1,850, and ordered to undergo counseling and pay for his victim's counseling. Brother Lee told her he had fallen in love with her, and that it was OK with God, the girl reported. Sources: Arizona Republic, 10/12/94; Salt Lake Tribune, 10/11/94

I personally feel a little uneasy when the sex offender of a young girl gets probation but a guy who ripped the head off a cat gets 2 years.
It just seems to me that our countries priorities are a little confused.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Imagine how the girlfriend felt to see her kitten's head torn off and lying on the lawn....

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I can't even imagine how that poor woman felt after she saw her cat like that. I just keep picturing my little kitty when I read this and those cute little eyes looking up at me. This guy needs to be strung up by his "whosinwhatsis" with fishing line! I'm glad he's in jail for 2 years. Anybody that is that crazy needs to be kept away from the population. You know how Jeffery Dahmer started out....he was killing animals too.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If it was a kitten, then she couldn't have been too attached. I'm sure it was just the shock of seeing a kitten with it's head torn off that freaked her out. Still, very very bad. It may be an indicator of possible future abuses against her or her family. So.....

Kick Him to the Curb...(two snaps)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We can't sit and compare his sentence to whether or not this child murder got this or this rapist got that, there are other variables to consider in those cases. How can we sit and say ripping off a head of a kitten is excusable and 2 years is excessive just becuase other cases don't go the way they should? What did the kitten do to deserve that? There's nothing that puts humans on a higher level as far as deserving an oppurtunity to live. I say you treat the murder of an animal such as this just like you would the murder of a human, and the murder of a human deserves more than two years, just as this does. It's cruel, inhumane, and absolutely disgusting. I would rip his head off. See how he likes it. To take out your anger on a poor little defenseless animal who did nothing to deserve such treatment is one of the most cowardly acts any human could possibly commit.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Do you eat meat? If so..how is it any different? Just because we place more importance on a kitten then some do on a cow or pig? If you want to treat it like the murder of a human, i suggest you do the same for anyone who happens to kill and then proceed to eat any animal.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
Do you eat meat? If so..how is it any different? Just because we place more importance on a kitten then some do on a cow or pig? If you want to treat it like the murder of a human, i suggest you do the same for anyone who happens to kill and then proceed to eat any animal.

Actually to be completely honest..I don't eat meat.

I say anybody that tortures or kills any animal deserves to die (unless in the case of self defense, such as, bear, lion, etc..). But that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
Do you eat meat?

yep!

If so..how is it any different?

Because buying store bought meat is somewhat different than getting mad at my girlfriend and taking out on her cat for the fun of it.

Just because we place more importance on a kitten then some do on a cow or pig?

I don't know about more important, however most cows and pigs that are killed in slaughter houses are killed for food. The cat was killed for no reason other than revenge.

If you want to treat it like the murder of a human, i suggest you do the same for anyone who happens to kill and then proceed to eat any animal.

I do somewhat agree with that.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

We can't sit and compare his sentence to whether or not this child murder got this or this rapist got that, there are other variables to consider in those cases. How can we sit and say ripping off a head of a kitten is excusable and 2 years is excessive just becuase other cases don't go the way they should?

Excellent point, and I agree. I apologize.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
yes, i eat meat. this is completly different, did he eat the cat for food? no. did he intend to eat the cat? no. did he do it for spite? before you bring meat eating ethics in this, look at teh stuation of what exactly he did!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Read the entire thread and you will see why that remark was made.
Gah.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oubliette
yes, i eat meat. this is completly different, did he eat the cat for food? no. did he intend to eat the cat? no. did he do it for spite? before you bring meat eating ethics in this, look at teh stuation of what exactly he did!

He was making the basic point of killing animals (cows, pigs, etc..), which occurs to make food. He never implied the cat was killed for food. We're not in China.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join