It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Atlantis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I'm up to 17 items of interest - some will be nothing... other stuff will be of interest tho'.

Please, V.K.. brush aside the naysayers and I hope you stick around here. Stick to your guns. 17 items of interest, wow I'd love to hear more about that, sounds like you're doing great work, invaluable work. Anything that turns up is worth a close look. Keep it up, I don't want this event to die down. Now the "big hush" is officially upon the media and those involved, now is the time to really knuckle down and hit back with the sucker punch.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanx Riot' - I'm not going anywhere. Don't get too excited by the 17 (now 21) items of interest - most are "nothings", a couple are interesting and 2 are potential evidence of "otherness". Will any of it prove anything conclusively for all to agree? No. Never.

However, remember the Iron Curtain? Got a piece of that on my desk at work. One day, one slip up and the dominoes will similarly cascade - the pre-ponderance of the body of "evidences" within the culture is polluted by design and intent and "actions". Depending on how it all shakes-out, that could be good... or so freakin' bad - we may wish we never "kicked-the-hornet's-nest" by asking and looking - or something in between those extremes.

I'd "walk on my lips through broken glass" to believe "It's all good" - not gonna happen... humans are involved, lots of humans - humans are "good" at "bad".

Thanx eh,

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

One day, one slip up and the dominoes will similarly cascade.

That's what I am waiting for (really, in all aspects of our social realm - space, gov, etc).
Simply based on the rules of chance, it has no choice but to eventually happen.

Depending on how it all shakes-out, that could be good... or so freakin' bad - we may wish we never "kicked-the-hornet's-nest"

I see the other side of that: I see that since I don't know it is a hornets nest, being it is in my world - I need to know it's a hornets nest.

My 38¢ ( inflation eh !!! lol )

Misfit

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Another link hopefully better.
video.google.co.uk...

So time 1.12 to 1.15

ok VK, here ya go... having just seen the entire handheld camera footage of the ET tumbling away (11 mins 19 secs), your little object is indeed captured there... it appeared about 10 mins 06 secs into it and was out of view at 10 mins 10 secs... i played it back many times, zoomed in, half-speed, etc, and it does seem to track the ET... i don't have any idea what it could be... i don't think it's a lens flare from the handheld, but it could perhaps be a reflection of a small light source or something from inside the orbiter that was reflecting off the window, as it was recorded through one of the main viewports... if it isn't a reflection of some type, well there ya go, another unidentified anomaly with the credit going to you... thanks for sharing, sorry for doubting... carry on...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No problem m3'. I'm just old and cranky. Thanx eh.

So I'm plowin' through Flight Day 13 NASA-TV and I do have a question that an American may wish to pose to "whomever" you'd ask about such stuff at NASA.

What was the "technical reason" stated by the Lady NASA announcer that prevented the Flight Day 13 Highlights from being broadcast? Then and later. They played the FD12 roll again instead... Was the Ku band antennae really stowed? Why? Can't it be remotely operated? Can you flick a switch and turn on a lightbulb? Heh, heh.

Has anyone heard the "official" explanation for this? Or any-else... one comment from her and poof - all Day 13 Video gone? What caused this? Has anyone seen the FD 13 Highlights roll on another NASA channel and I've missed it?

Those who have VCR's may or may not choose to make them stop blinking 12:00 and record some STS-116 stuff toward year's-end... who knows what'll happen and it would be lovely to have multiple independent unconnected folks with no knowledge of each other to keep folks like me and NASA honest eh... m3's comments make this a sensible forward-looking notion.

Victor K.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I personally don't really believe a word NASA says tbh. We are not alone and it is blatantly obvious, like how many more videos, reported sightings etc do we need.....out of all those already around, all it needs is for one to be true and then that settles it, we will not be alone.

It's just that whoever is in charge doesn't seem to want to open the door to the biggest news story this planet will EVER see.

sux tbh

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Has anyone heard the "official" explanation for this? Or any-else... one comment from her and poof - all Day 13 Video gone? What caused this? Has anyone seen the FD 13 Highlights roll on another NASA channel and I've missed it?

do you just watch the public channel or do you watch the media channel too? i stream both of them at once sometimes, one in WMP and the other in WMP Classic, but i usually just watch the media channel during missions... when they were showing all the FD highlights in an hour long session last week, FD 13 was included there but i didn't get it all on record, i only got as far as the wake up song and shut it off... i don't even see FD 13 available on any other sites either, and i haven't seen it replay on NASA TV as of late... that is rather odd they'd totally pull that day off the air... do you know of anything significant that happened that day?

[edit on 24 9Sep 06 by m3rlz]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I had no idea there was a Media Channel. is it better? The one I use is at www.nasa.gov...

Is there any HDTV feeds that someone might record to one of those new-fangled DVD recorders that capture in higher-res less compressed MPEG2 format? That'd be wailin'-zoot.

I don't use TV much anymore and have no access to cable/sat/HDTV at this point - rabbit-ears and ATI AIW's - TV sorta seemed irrelavent and redundant when I got sick of watching the "500 channel nothing-verse". I miss two things - Rally/NASCAR/F1 and MC racing.

Hmmm... FD-13 let's see... nuthin' springs to mind other than the Ku band stuff stopped being broadcast and I think cosmonaut Vinogradov may have reported a HDD failure or some such on a machine or HDD number 13... no nothing else.

Now that I think about it the only stuff I do recall about STS-115 FD-13 was from the ISS... video-wise. I may be mistaken. Perhaps some flight deck stowage activity.

There was a bunch goin' on with 3 spacecraft in proximity... I think astronaut Payette may have been Capcom to my recollection that morning... they had the 3-way com between the craft... nope I got bupkus to focus in on... sorry.

Lemme look at it again after I get some Z's and go do my day job for a bit 2morrow and visit my graphics friends and find out how to do STS-116 best and get some professional opinions on the ET sep "whitish-trilobular-thingie".

I've got "the thousand yard stares" and don't feel up to more eye/index finger strain 2day. I'm "framed-out" - total tedium.

Perhaps Space Guy or someone might help with FD-13? I can't even think of who to ask to get such answers directly and since I'm not a US citizen would have no right to ask or get a response... I suppose a composite of events could be assembled... but not by me.

Victor K.

[edit on 24-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
here's a link to the media channel...

www.nasa.gov...

i wouldn't say it's necessarily better, but i like it because it seems to stream closer to real-time for me than the public channel... sometimes programming is mirrored, mostly during mission coverage, but usually they have different programming...

there's also an educational channel but i've never accessed that one...

Is there any HDTV feeds that someone might record to one of those new-fangled DVD recorders that capture in higher-res less compressed MPEG2 format? That'd be wailin'-zoot.

my mom has Direct TV and NASA TV (public channel i assume) is now available on there as well... if she had a dvd recorder i would go record over there...

[edit on 24 9Sep 06 by m3rlz]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hmmm... FD-13 let's see... nuthin' springs to mind other than the Ku band stuff stopped being broadcast and I think cosmonaut Vinogradov may have reported a HDD failure or some such on a machine or HDD number 13... no nothing else.

Did you hear ISS Commander Vinogradov report an "Unknown Object" on STS-115 Atlantis Flt day 3 , Sept. 11, '06?

Commander Pavel Vinogradov reporting an Unknown Object to Mission Control yesterday around 12:35 pm Central Time as the ISS/Shuttle Atlantis was passing over Africa?

He said in Russian and it was translated over the Air on NASA T.V. , " We have an unknown object. We don't know what it is ... If no one knows what it is ... then no one cares. Do you have any questions ? "

Mission Control answered , " No questions."

Oberg immediately began attempting to debunk that quote.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Wow! This has been a thread of two halves. I just read this thread in one sitting, it obviously progressed over a couple of days but I wanted to make a point about the original subject of the thread.

This SPACEGUY dude and the UK Alien Buff or whatever they were called. I can't believe no-one realised they were one and the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I did not hear that personally. I was 1st made aware of the report on an email on the 12th from a bud who works at CSA in St. Hubert. It did get my attention.

Pretty non-chalant huh? Like oh yeah dude, we have a nuther' UFO - no biggie - would you like fries with that? A photo? No, OK. Business as usual. The whole deal just gets curiouser and curiouser... smell that? That's what conspiracy smells like.

Are the flight com transcripts available? Are such documents published? In the US? How about Russia? One other thing, when was the last time any of us have heard of a Russian military crew member on orbit? Do they really only send up Energia civvies now? Are they really civilians? What's the deal with that?

What is the ISS IP phone number? LOL. Hello Pavel, hey how's it hangin' man? Floating you say. What's the 411 on the you know what? Same as on Mir when you were outside inspecting the damage. What? A what? You're kidding? You're coming home next week sometime... with the NSA guy and your celebrity guest astronaut. Kazak-landing? Uh, huh... is she cute? You don't say? And smart too? How much? Remember when a ruble bought one of anything? Yeah, a long time ago and miles to go before you sleep. Go for it dude. She's a slimmy.

Yeah, gimme a ring about the UFO after you leave Star City and I think we can swing a book deal. Be sure and bring me some of those Russian on-orbit candies that you like... no not the blue one's, the zoomy red one's. Ok...spa`sibo, Dah, Dah, Dah you promise? Stoli right? Ok, Ok, Ok... Dah, golf at Glen Abbey my treat, do svidaniya Commander.

Yup, I have plenty of questions about the past two-weeks or so... and more on the way. This celebrity guest astronaut is interesting.

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

This SPACEGUY dude and the UK Alien Buff or whatever they were called. I can't believe no-one realised they were one and the same.

Darn
And I really wanted that pic of my user name at Mission Control too!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The same person. No, you don't say. Glad I got that list of radio freqs before they got pulled... dang I wanted my name on that piece of paper in MCC too.

How were you able to confirm and prove to yourself that this is one individual that has knowingly broken site rules by having plural ID's? Have they been banned for contravention of the T&C user policies? What's up with that?

If you are so sure of this do you not have an obligation to report that to the community's site management? Just askin'.

Victor K.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i am not space guy, i am a kid at Hull College who some one (HIS BROTHER AND SISTER) tried to make fun of by putting up the thread.

i do love this site thoughth

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
UK' glad you're back. u2u me if you get any more juicy bits like the radio freq list OK? Read the thread - some of us have been taking a beating on this. Do you have any audio of the conversation you described? That would be mint. If not no problem... we-all bin findin' stuff.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
UKalien.

Where did you get those freqs. from?
Tell me more about that, and how you got hold of them please.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
i have had them sat in my inbox for about a year i will try to find the website.

if not then i will google it. try that your self

i log off at night and at weekends.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to post a quick note (in case this wasn't answered) that if flight day 13 was the day of the landing they did cut the live footage. There was no explanation why, and being that it was the last day in space, it would have been considered pretty significant footage - esp. if something had again interrupted the landing...

They stopped showing live footage on day 12 I think. They were showing astronauts' bios and footage of past interviews and past flight info on that last day...I was pretty ticked, because I was waiting for more good "footage"...unless Flight Day 13 was the day Russian Cosmonauts arrived at the space station, then disregard...

I'm compiling, in the meantime, articles, video, photos, etc...hope to put something together with some help on this...

[edit on 25-9-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A belated hello everyone,

I'm back, I took pics in the control center for you skeptics, and I'll put them up tomorrow. Cool?

I know a lot of people have addressed me in this thread and I'm simply not gonna have the chance to answer all of them but I'll do my best to get to the major ones. But not until tomorrow.

In the meantime have a gander at this fantastic pic: www.astrophoto.fr...

-SG

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join