It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Atlantis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Could it be the external tank they talked about?

I get the audio but no video any suggestoins?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The external tank is the dark/orange thing that is camera-center... the white thing? I dunno... seems to "navigate"?

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Another link hopefully better.
video.google.co.uk...

So time 1.12 to 1.15

[edit on 23-9-2006 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Uh, I was grinding through STS-115 ascent footage. Got something of note on video and some low res jpeg stills.

i watched that live and also a few replays after the launch and never noticed that before... what is the source of the ascent footage you were looking at? streaming off NASA's site or from somewhere else? it almost looks added after the fact...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The source is the NASA-TV public channel via the web. WMP10 and a freeware capture app.

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
VK Great Find !

After reviewing the footage IMHO it could be some kind of aircraft ? I see where you were saying it looks kind of like a cingular logo shape, but it appears that the "nose" of the "aircraft" is facing or possibly even tracking the external tank.

Just my two cents.

- zeeon

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That's interesting.

It kind of looks like an almost invisable shuttle. It seems to turn with the external tank as it passes like it is watching, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was freaked by it pivotting on a central axis as if to follow the external tank with its' bow or nose or whatever you might call the business end of a flying whatzit... I don't ever recall one quite that shape. Pretty tech-nifty for an ice-crystal? Huh?

Perhaps Ecto' and some of the other folks better versed in optics, physics and stuff will have some ideas... I can't believe I found that - it pays to go through this stuff frame by boring frame... I watched it 4 times and didn't notice a blessed thing... then my missus says,"hey honey what's the white thingy trackin' the ET.", I'm all focussed on the Tank lookin' for foam-loss patches and whatever... my missus is sharp.

Victor K.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i'd like to know if anyone recorded on launch day when that footage originally aired... that object is quite noticeable and someone else surely would've seen that before now i would think... not saying it couldn't have been there, but it looks like it was added to the video, and the quality of that video on the whole is not very good to begin with... what did you use to record it from the NASA TV stream? not some freeware capture app; i don't know of any that are free and record video, otherwise i wouldn't use the one i currently have... and i doubt if they play that footage again now that the mission is completely over... ahh well, looks fake to me, but i could be wrong...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yeah m3' go find some vid from another source, please. It will show the same thing.

Victor K. does not mess around with such things as truth - ever - Job-One.

I welcome the input of others who may have similar footage... VHS'd be a groove. BTW: I have several more anomalies that are unreported, I'm up to 17 items of interest - some will be nothing... other stuff will be of interest tho'.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Originally recorded by V kaminski, and ive extracted the bit we need, and more to come by the way thanks to Kaminski.

It seems to be a white shaped something appear to the top left of the screen, then the camera changes, connected?

Only the first 15 secs are worth watching, uploaded too much??lol

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanx D' - I've got 20 or so hours of STS-115 footage to plow through. STS-116 will require complete public channel coverage and I am prepared to cap every second using a couple of Windows boxes... It'd be cool if there were someone out there (who has zero connection to my Canadian butt) who might do the same with some non-net recording as a benchmark for comparision and verification to satisfy those who prefer to detract rather than add to the expansion of the body of knowledge... I can't believe that the accusations of "fake" are already coming... whatever. I just work here eh and like truth.

Thanx again for helpin' with the posts D' - good on you!

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
When I play this the object on the left is extremely indistinct. No way of getting any better resolution on it?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

It seems to be a white shaped something appear to the top left of the screen, then the camera changes, connected?

Only the first 15 secs are worth watching, uploaded too much??lol

video.google.co.uk...

IMO , undoubtedly a lens flare. Note that lens flare is already present and that the movement corresponds exactly with the other lens flares visible.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
yeah well, i said it looks fake to me, your another one i don't think is authentic either...

Originally posted by m3rlz

Originally posted by violet

these shots were posted by myself and this other person in another thread, although they are a few seconds before this supposed object appears... i think one of us or even someone else would have noticed that one too... i believe i have this footage recorded, will look again when i get home...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sorry I'm complicating your truths of choice. No more posts on this from me. Well's just gone dry folks. Sorry I even tried - ain't worth having my integrity questioned. Buh, bye "experts" who have no data. Sorry I tried to contribute in such a "hack" environ. BTW: I don't argue - so whatever - have a pleasant life.

Victor K.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
IMO , undoubtedly a lens flare. Note that lens flare is already present and that the movement corresponds exactly with the other lens flares visible.

i'd buy that because it does seem to move with the camera, but it doesnt look like a normal flare or even anything remotely like the others present...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
m3' You just ain't happy till the whole world's as miserable as your sorry self. Get bent sonny.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
When I play this the object on the left is extremely indistinct. No way of getting any better resolution on it?

Im gonna try using the same frame rate as original, and using a different compress tool, i have to compress otherwise to big, am no expert on this.
Cant seem to upload to google right now, so zippy it is.

www.zippyvideos.com...

Lost shaman, you are probaly right, but im happy to help, and bring these things up for discussion.
What was your take on the first one?
video.google.co.uk...

1.12-1.15

Right im off, got things to do.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz

i'd buy that because it does seem to move with the camera, but it doesnt look like a normal flare or even anything remotely like the others present...

Your right it's not the average lens flare your used to seeing , although I've seen Lens flares exactly like this a dozen times on NASA T.V. and always in the presence of other lens flares.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join