It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It is notable that UK' and Space Guy are new? Both seem to assert some agency of resource... Bumfight or Real-Deal? Spinners or dis-fantasy handlers? Both have opinions backed by some cursory "chrome of authenticity" - I used to think "Doctor" Steven Greer was a "straight-shooter" too... still huntin' that char'.

Who to believe? I'll tell ya if Space Guy accomodates - Uk' get us some audio mate - your stalk is wilting - you may have wakened more than dragons-one.

Nice dust-devil of a thread-this,

Victor k.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Space guy,

even if you are who you say you are... which im inclined to believe by the way.

do you think, by announcing that you are an employee of nasa (if thats what you are saying, correct me if im wrong), that we are more likely to believe you?

And if your above information is correct, would you be willing to answer many obvious questions posted in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... (LONG thread i know) that were for some reason not asked in official press briefings?

thanks for posting btw

[edit on 21/9/06 by lbennie]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Your knowledge of Nasa procedures and creditentials puts me to believe that you have worked for nasa, Space Guy. So as of now UK u have been debunked unless you can produce some audio tapes or at least some sort of ID that your friend actually works for nasa.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is a harsh term -"conspiracy theorist whackos". These forums are for people seriously inquiring into matters often considered taboo, or running counter to popular opinion. This is done in the spirit of discovery. There are too many people on these boards to call us "whackos". You are welcome to, but it will only undermine your position and put you at odds with the people you may hope to persuede.

www.disclosureproject.org...

www.topsecrettestimony.com...

www.spacedaily.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

www.wanttoknow.info...

profile.myspace.com...

May 6, 2006 BBC interview with high-tech hacker, Gary McKinnon:
news.bbc.co.uk...

NASA near Earth orb video:
video.google.com...

Near Earth object coasts, then shoots at 90 degree angle into space:
video.google.com...

Her are some shims and garbage bags?
video.google.com...

Here is a piece of foil traveling at several times the speed of the shuttle when a shim appears moving across the Earth’s surface at such an incredible speed that the camera can barely keep visibility:
video.google.com...

These “ice crystals” are beautiful:
video.google.com...

NASA the case for UFOs Part 1 thru 3. Very interesting videos:

Part 1
video.google.com...

Part 2
video.google.com...

Part 3
I couldn’t find this part on “Google Video”. Someone must have removed it…but why? *cue scary music*

Credentials aren't important. You can claim to be Michael Griffin, but it's only the persuasiveness of your posts and evidence that is of any import here...if you do work for NASA, I'm envious of your access. Any sentiments about the politics of that organization are not against the individuals, per se, that have sincere and honest motives.

Thank you for posting.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mish
Come on NASA come clean, tell the world what you know

I'm telling all! You're probably going to be disappointed.

Originally posted by V Kaminski
It is notable that UK' and Space Guy are new? Both seem to assert some agency of resource... Bumfight or Real-Deal? Spinners or dis-fantasy handlers? Both have opinions backed by some cursory "chrome of authenticity" - I used to think "Doctor" Steven Greer was a "straight-shooter" too... still huntin' that char'.

Who to believe? I'll tell ya if Space Guy accomodates - Uk' get us some audio mate - your stalk is wilting - you may have wakened more than dragons-one.

Nice dust-devil of a thread-this,

Victor k.

I had another user name that I used as a lurker but I suspect that for some reason it kept making my browser go ape; it was a very long user name and when I logged in I kept getting a 404 page until I cleared the cookies. But anyway...

I'm sure UK Alien Buff is a nice kid, and he already endeared himself to me by saying he and his dad are space buffs, but he's either taking the piss (a favorite Birtish euphamism of mine) or his imagination has gotten away from him.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbennie
Space guy,

even if you are who you say you are... which im inclined to believe by the way.

do you think, by announcing that you are an employee of nasa (if thats what you are saying, correct me if im wrong), that we are more likely to believe you?

And if your above information is correct, would you be willing to answer many obvious questions posted in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... (LONG thread i know) that were for some reason not asked in official press briefings?

thanks for posting btw

[edit on 21/9/06 by lbennie]

Actually I'm ex-NASA (as I mentioned in my 1st posty) but I still work in manned spaceflight operations. Most people in Mission Control actually work for a Lockheed/Boeing conglomerate called United Space Alliace (USA) or Barrios Technologies, a subcontractor to USA. I suppose that's a hint.

I'd like to think that if I can prove my credentials beyond a resonable doubt while also maintaining my anonymity that yes, people would be more inclined to believe me. I also know that regardless of what I put forth as proof of who I am there are those that will doubt me. I'll likely be called a government shill! Really, I sort of expect it. There are some people who simply believe what they want to believe in the face of all the expert testimony and evidence that proves them wrong. It'[s just human nature.

As for my anonymity, I'm not worried about it from a professional perspective, I'm worried about putting a face and an address with my posts. There's a lot of weird people out there, especially on forums such as this, and I'd much prefer to do no such thing.

I took a quick look at the 1st post in that thread, the one that quoted teh news article stating, "CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. – NASA mission controllers are tracking a mystery object hovering between the space shuttle Atlantis and Earth, and traveling at roughly the same speed as the orbiter, agency officials said Tuesday.

“Right now they’re just tying to figure out exactly what it is, how far away it is,” NASA spokesperson Kimberly Harle told SPACE.com. “It’s pretty much assessing the whole situation.”"

There's a bunch of things wrong with thet article. Nothing technically incorrect but it certainly is misleading. For one, NASA doesn't "track" objects around the Shuttle/ISS. It doesn't have the capability to spot surrounding objects. They don't have radar up there so NASA relies on NORAD to track objects. When that article said NASA was "tracking a mystery object" all they meant is that NASA mission controllers are assesing the issue (i.e. tracking and issue).

While we're talking about the media, the only space related sites I visit are spaceflightnow.com and chron.com (Houston Chronicle). Frankly, the rest are terrible. I do like CNN's Miles O'Brien but unless it comes out of his mouth CNN is junk too.

What did it look like to me, the guy who was watching it live via Ku band rather than on NASA TV/CNN? Nothing. It looked like a superfluous piece of the ISS or Shuttle had come free. This is hardly unprecedented. A few months ago a label meant to be read by spacewalking astronauts peeled off and floated past a window on the ISS. It happens, especially when there's extreme heating/cooling of the ISS as it has a sunrise or sunset event roughly every 45 minutes (and more or less depending on Beta angle but I'm getting ahead of myself here).

[edit on 22-9-2006 by Space Guy]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I saw the video on YouTube of the "donut" and again it looks like a ring or washer tumbling and then the focus going way out to make it look like it's expanded (and sure enough, it goes blurry). The same goes for all the videos I've seen of alleged UFOs from the Shuttle (including the tether video); they look like crap. The cameras aboard ISS and the shuttle are really, really good. ISS has a fantastic camera on the Port truss (and perhaps the Starbord truss too but I'm not 100% on that) that can see the Shuttle/Soyuz/Progress from hundreds of miles away (in fact, they can see the shuttle making a plasma trail during reentry!). So why do all "UFO" videos look like blury pieces of nothing? Because they're tiny objects (ice, labels, clumped up thruster residue, etc.) that can't be seen well.

I agree that the tether video is weird but hardly think it is anything to get excited over. Cameras do weird things that I don't understand but I'm sure my friends in the NASA Photo/TV group do. I could ask I suppose.

Anyway, I'm off for the weekend. When I get back on Sunday/Monday I'll address some of the other posts asking for my take. Have a good one all.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
if i reviel my source then he will not be seen again. trust me on this

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Alien Buff
if i reviel my source then he will not be seen again. trust me on this

I'm afraid you don't have a source or your source is taking the mickey. Let's be honest, why would some NASA guy "in the know" of alleged secret alien stuff tell a kid... over the internet... in Britain no less?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hey Space guy,

What did you mean when you said take a sneaky picture of our user name at Mission Control?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Hey Space guy,

What did you mean when you said take a sneaky picture of our user name at Mission Control?

I just meant I'd take a pic of me in Mission COntrol to prove I am who I say I am. It wouldn't even matter if my face were in it (believe me, my management doesn't care that I'm on a forum talking about this stuff) but I'll probably just include a note to UK Alien with the tracking screen, etc. in the background.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Space Guy

I just meant I'd take a pic of me in Mission COntrol to prove I am who I say I am. It wouldn't even matter if my face were in it (believe me, my management doesn't care that I'm on a forum talking about this stuff) but I'll probably just include a note to UK Alien with the tracking screen, etc. in the background.

I'm a big fan of NASA, even though I talk about UFOs. If you could do that with my user name too that would be really cool!

[edit on 22-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
hi i'm new here, i just thought after reading all the posts, especially the ones about something hitting the space shuttle, i'd chime in. i watched them used the cam on their little boom arm they have in the shuttle's bay area. they found no damage. and if they had, the shuttle surely would not have entered the atmosphere for quite some time. you know you have to repair those things before you reenter, otherwise all that heat's just going to liquefy you......

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
@ snafu7700

As you said, I haven't enough posts to reply to a u2u so here it is. The name you mentioned doesn't ring a bell with me but I put it to the NASA personnel directory and came up with a few hits:

1) Employed by Lockheed at NASA Ames Research Center
2) Employed by NASA at Glenn Research Center
3) Employed by Booz, Allen and Hamilton at NASA Headquarters
4) Employed by CIM at Johnson Space Center
5) Employed by ??? at Johnson Space Center (might be the same as #4)

Anything?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi Spaceguy.

So your over in the UK now?, I take it you moved over here when you quit NASA. I would be really interested if you did experience anything strange when you were working for them, you know in transmissions etc. I can tell by the way you post that you seem pretty genuine, do you personally believe anything is out there?, how about a picture you can post to prove to any skeptics here your claims.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Spaceguy, or anyone.
I saved all the ham codes, that the OP posted, unfortunetly i dont have a ham radio.
Are they correct?
Because that "might" give the OP some credibility.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Space Guy
I saw the video on YouTube of the "donut" and again it looks like a ring or washer tumbling and then the focus going way out to make it look like it's expanded (and sure enough, it goes blurry). The same goes for all the videos I've seen of alleged UFOs from the Shuttle (including the tether video); they look like crap.

Right.. so you have a scene of literally scores, hundreds of "washers" teaming through space, captured on video. That's about as believable as a "plastic bag" (the weirdest-shaped plastic bag I've ever seen) floating around causing concern, or a triangular formation of "tin foil and plastic".

Y'know, what I think we have here is a genuine NASA person, brought here to do some routine 'cleaning up' or damage control, as some kid messing with a ham radio stumbled upon something perhaps he shouldn't have. I'd like to hear more from UK Alien Buff - if you're still here, don't let the Space Guy put you off. And Space Guy, even if he's spinning a tale, then where's the harm? We're just a bunch of conspiracy whacko's after all, right? Nobody will take us seriously anyway, which begs the question why someone from NASA would be bothered to even come here. Unless someone (unwittingly) actually *did* stumble across some sensitive details.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

My source works at nasa and has TOP SECRET clearance or better. I will not compermise his position.

my parents put a child lock on that part of my internet connection. can send you the stuff in the next post by me.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
@ October

Nope, I'm not in the UK. I did voluntarily leave "NASA Proper" for another job doing basically the same thing (but for more money and travel opportunities! NASA would rather contractors travel vs. civil servants for cost saving purposes).

Is anything out there? From the basic math of it I have little doubt that life exists elsewhere in the universe but I've seen no decent evidence that any of it has ever made it here. I do think the US Gov't and maybe others have aircraft that far exceed the capabilities of conventional aircraft and perhaps that has resulted in some UFO sighting (for the record, I have no inside knowledge of any USAF or NASA aircraft that exceed known capabilities). There is a HUGE jump from classified aircraft to alien spacecraft, however, and without any decent evidence for the latter I'm just not buying it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am verry Sorry to annonce that i had you fooled.

i just wanted to see how far i could go before you "twigged".

please dont get rid of me.

i do belive n aliens and the moon ufos.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join