It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offered US Serious peace deal in 2003

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Please list for me all of the unprovoked wars that the US has initiated against sovereign nations? I shall await this list with bated breath!

Your knowledge of history is clearly as weak as your memory of the immediate couple of years past.

How about Iraq?

Before that, there was Afghanistan. Let's just try to remember that 9/11 was committed by a bunch of Saudis, and that even if the Taliban had tried to hand over OBL, they'd have had as much luck as the Americans have!

What else? Oh yeah, how about Grenada? Panama? The military threat from these nations was what, exactly?

And of course there's always Vietnam, as the Gulf of Tonkin incident did turn out to be a complete fabrication. And while we're on the subject, Nixon waged an illegal war against Laos and Cambodia during that period, killing thousands of civilians. He knew it was illegal, which is why the bombing campaign was kept so secret that no records were kept. None of these countries had attacked the US. Or perhaps you can show me that they did, and my version of history is wrong?

I think your attitude about these countries and the threat they posed is roughly akin to the guy in the bar who starts a fight because someone "looked at me funny".

Time to bone up on your "History", or is this too recent to constitute history?

None of the links you provided gave any information I hadn't seen before. All this was aired in the run-up to Resolution 1696, which I've already dealt with. I'd remind you that Iran had voluntarily suspended enrichment for almost two years beforehand. They got tired of being jerked around and wanted to continue with their peaceful nuclear program. That's their story, and they don't have the track record for lying that the US government has, so if it comes to believing them, or the US, I believe them.

Do you know the concentrations of U-235 required for enrichment? And the concentrations needed to create a nuclear weapon? Do you know the concentrations they've been aiming for, and achieving, in Iran? I shall be interested to see if you can answer those questions.

And you know what? If Iran were developing nuclear weapons, I wouldn't blame them. The US has had Iran in its sights for some time now, and there's nothing that they could do that would stop the US invading BUT develop nuclear weapons, and in a hurry. But as the CIA have said, Iran is about ten years away from creating a workable bomb:

Iran Is Judged 10 Years From Nuclear Bomb
U.S. Intelligence Review Contrasts With Administration Statements

By Dafna Linzer
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 2, 2005; A01

A major U.S. intelligence review has projected that Iran is about a decade away from manufacturing the key ingredient for a nuclear weapon, roughly doubling the previous estimate of five years, according to government sources with firsthand knowledge of the new analysis.

The carefully hedged assessments, which represent consensus among U.S. intelligence agencies, contrast with forceful public statements by the White House. Administration officials have asserted, but have not offered proof, that Tehran is moving determinedly toward a nuclear arsenal.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Hmmmm, the Iranians offered a TWO PAGE document that would solve all of our disagreements and we didn't accept it?

Hmm, well being all anyone has to do these days is grant israel the right of a nation.. .seems to me 2 pages is ample.

Even if your 'sorta' right..

this should of opened DIALOUGE and been the BEGINING of discussion in explaining the aspects of this text.

Id like to know exactly what the US response was, and if it gave Iran the impression that you'd better start realising the fact that regardless of what you do or say, we have the power, the means and the will to come in and remove you.

All we need to do, is create atmosphere that gives us the MORAL RIGHT.

I thnk Iran are creating nuclear weapons, simply for DEFENSE.

I mean after all, after the farse that is Iraq, and the co-incidence that is afghanistan i think they believe the US isnt above creating reason to gain entry into the region.

Think about it this way..

Imagine your in charge of a country.
One day you find your neighbor has been invaded, destroyed and occupied to your right.
a year later you find your bigger neighbour to your left invaded, destroyed and occupied..
Then world opinion starts to emerge about your personal home, you start seeing similarities between the your neighbors run up to occupation and the rhetoric about you.

After a world superpower starts seeking out allies, and gaining public opinion about striking you... you would.. after all.. realise that something isnt right.. and it might be good to prepare for the remote possibilty that you are strike 3.

Id be shocked to learn Iran isnt building defense nukes simply to warn off any invaders.

Especially when they offered them peace, and everything they want.. and they turned it down.

In saying that though, Irans current rhetoric and blasting of world leaders at the world forum doesnt tow the line of offereing a peace deal.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It contradicts nothing. Ahmadinejad is a liar who's secretly building nukes in preparation for a war that he's going to initiate.

You say this as if it were a fact, without anything more than an assumption.

I heard people saying the exact same thing about Iraq in 2003 - and it was all BS, spoonfed to the gullible to justify an an unnecessary war.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join