It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin warns Pope on Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Looking around, i stumbled accross this..

THE man who shot Pope John Paul II in 1981 has warned Pope Benedict not to visit Turkey in November saying the pontiff's life could be in danger.

Source

The gunman's lawyer has quoted Mehmet Ali Agca as saying: "As a man who knows these things .. the Pope's life is in danger .. and he shouldn't come to Turkey. "

My question for all of you is what do you think would happen if the Pope was assasinated by a Islamic Fundamentalist? (God forbid)

Potentially, IMO something like that could trigger WW3.

How would the world react?

[edit on 12/06/2005 by kojac]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I really don't know. I can't see it triggering WW3. If links were made to states like Iran (supreme leader hasn't exactly exchanged nicities, after benedicts comments), it might be a different story.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
My question for all of you is what do you think would happen if the Pope was assasinated by a Islamic Fundamentalist? (God forbid)

Mine would be, what would happen if while he was laying out on the cooling plank on display, his fatal head wound healed? Every generation alive has just previously been made aware of the display of a pope's body, to the public. Every eye would bear witness to the event. Just something to think about anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
man, if that happnes, we'll probably invade Iraq

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Ya don't you mean Iran?

We are in Iraq now.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Ya don't you mean Iran?

We are in Iraq now.

sorry, forgot the "I'm being a wise a** smilie

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I sure hope WWIII won't start because one extremist kills one man, even if he is the Pope.

I am sure that would be the last thing the Pope would want to happen because of his death.

[edit on 23/9/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

something like that could trigger WW3.

WWIII started on September 11th. We are just getting started ....

Having the pope assassinated wouldn't step it up a notch. But having NYC suffer a nuke terrorist attack definately would. And I do think that will happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

something like that could trigger WW3.

WWIII started on September 11th. We are just getting started ....

Having the pope assassinated wouldn't step it up a notch. But having NYC suffer a nuke terrorist attack definately would. And I do think that will happen.

I agree! But I feel they will be hitting the Windy City this time around...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Who is going to go to war over the pope being assasinated???

THe RCC is, officially, (at least now) a pacifistic organization, and killing people to avenge the pope's death wouldn't make any sense. Christianity would require that the people upset over the pope's death forgive the killers, AND send the next pope to the same place ('turning the other cheek") so that he can be assasinated.

Anyone that actually sought revenge over the pope's murder would instantly be singling themselves out as a very bad christian, it'd be hypocritical to take any action.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
DErRRR Nygdan, people 'round here dont ask questions, dont think, we just speak whatever comes to our fancy.

i was thinking the same thing about going to war over a pope being assassinated. that it wouldnt happen and is backwards to christian behavior to retaliate, unless your talking about militia warfare in Lebanon & christians protecting their families by taking up arms, ie the lebanese civil war, do a wikipedia search and learn something ppl.

it adds so much perspective to the current situations.. not talking to you Nygdan, btw.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If they kill the Pope, an innocent old man.. IMO secures Islam as a religion of violence and will fight it anyway I can with NO exceptions. Every man has his breaking point.

top topics

join