It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

computer help please if you can?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
can anyone help me with this little problem? Since I have turned my computer on today the monitor display has gone a bit wierd. the whole display has moved a bit to the right and a bit downwards with the effect that the taskbar is off the bottom of the screen and I have a black border across the top of the screen and down the left hand side. Dragging doesn't move it and neither has system restore. I changed the resolution to a lower one (which looks awful) and this is properly centred but when I change back its all wrong again, I even restarted the computer before trying to change back as well but thqat doesn't help either.

Does anyone know whats causing this and how do I fix it?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
All of my monitors have had buttons on them to adjust the size and position of the display, have you checked any buttons on the monitor?

Other than that, I don't know. Last time that happend to me the computer just needed a restart, but I'm assuming you've tried that if you've used system restore. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, perhaps someone else will know.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
chebob, thanks for that, I managed to move it back using the monitor buttons, I was thinking it had to be something in the pc itself because it moved for no apparent reason, thats still puzzling me but at least I have the screen centred again. Thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ah, glad it worked

My screens gone walk abouts a few times, those monitor buttons come in handy

top topics

join