It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead issue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've noticed that there's not really a whole lot of conversation in this topic these days.

When I first found it, it was quite busy. I followed it for awhile in lurker mode... not posting, but reading up on what people had to say. Then I left for awhile. My interest was sparked and I ran off to do my own research. I boned up on the basics of conceptual geology, organic chemistry, as well as ferreting out as much information on peak oil as possible. I also watched a lot of docs.

I became interested in the possible interconnection of oil barrons, big money, international bankers, and global politics (I think I see a "They" there, btw). Studying peak oil made many recent events make much more sense. Middle Eastern power, Western Interests, China's stance, and "The War on Terror" are all directly connected to the oil supply. It seems to me that if you can understand the resource, you can understand the actions that possesing it (or not) causes. The most powerful people in the world are connected to oil in one way or another. If it's running out, it makes as sick sense to fight over it and use whatever excuse you can.

Now that I'm reading ATS again, it seems like people don't have a whole lot to say on the issue anymore.

I'm wondering what's caused it. Has it been covered so heavily that people have gotten bored? Are people feeling that it's been debunked? Is it just to damned boring?

I feel that if peakoil is coming, it's still the single most important issue of our time.

So... ah, what's the dealio?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I guess it is because when the price of gas goes down people lose interest in the subject. But the obvious problems don't go away of course they are only out of sight and out of mind for a while.

new topics

join