It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to release report on September 11 claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The Pentagon's inspector general will release a report in the coming days that is expected to refute claims that an Army intelligence unit had information that could have thwarted the September 11 attacks, officials said on Wednesday.

source

For the pentagon to be releasing this report are they worried someone is getting a little close to the truth, and are trying to create a smokescreen to divert attention?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I woudlnt say a smoke screen, more like spin, there own version on what ever someone is bringing out.

First impressions count, and if they can tell us something in a way which shines positvley for them.. then what ever else is said automatically gets labeled a conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   

"refute claims that an Army intelligence unit had information"

I think that is the key part statement here. It sounds as if they are trying to shuffle the blame onto the CIA or FBI maybe. Not so much a smoke screen but as a blame game.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't believe either one of them. Its taken 5 years for them to bring this forward. Whoever the higher-ups were that kept it quiet since the beginning are probably in on it. They should have said something either before or immediately after and admit their mistake...not wait 5 years.

Pie

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is akin to tossing a bucket of chum into shark infested waters.

The lie has grown so disproportionately that the higher ups can't keep track of who was sopposed to have done what, so they start tearing each other apart.

I'd say the heat is on, and this is a reactionary situation. Unlikely that anything will come of it, aside from some (hopefully) pissed off Military folk who might get lose lipped later on:

I do think at some point however that "someone" within the US Gove or Military will be forced to be a patsy to deflect attentions from the conspiracy theories that seem less and less like theories...

Good find

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What's the big deal if they're already denying any wrong doing on their part prior to the release of the report, and it appears that it's only gonna cover themselves with respect to Able Danger's prior knowledge that Atta & three others were Al Quaeda.

It isn't gonna say that they knew anything about anything else, let anything happen, or were part of a conspiracy.

This is gonna be like reading decaf. . .

I agree that maybe someone will be required to play Oswald one day if growing concern over the truth continues. . . But even then they will probably be insignificant charges.

Someone's gonna have to have some incredible proof, avoid a "tragic accident", and really spill the beans before anything significant will be divulged.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think it's a case of the Bush&Co faction no longer having usefulness. It's pretty clear they are losing power, so it's time to rake the muck and do some other work while attention is on trying to clear the waters.

It is fishy that this is coming over five years after the incident in question, and a number of years since the initial reports came out.

Fishy indeed.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
would this be in relation to Able Danger ?
That would be my guess. You guys are familier with Able Danger, arent you?
They got silenced pretty quick, but the little bit of thier story that got out was one of the many holes in the official 911 lie.

new topics

top topics

join