It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Objects Orbiting Saturn's Rings??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I didn't realize that I was insulting him.......

So John Titor should never be mentioned? In a previous post in this thread it was mentioned that any idea should be accepted then debated.

Are you saying that John Titor is making things up? He's not a time traveler?

The comparison that I was making is very OUTLANDISH claims were being made....

All the plantets in the solar system are inhabited.
There are space ships 30,000 miles long by 2,500 miles wide orbiting Saturn
If we saw what Saturn really looked like we'd fall over because there is intelligent life there.
The sun is not fusion powered
The entire science community has been lying and nothing is as it seems.

Yet the only proof we are offered is....

TO BUY A BOOK!!

I can tell people that the moon is made of green chesse and at least provide some infomation in that regard.

www.planetfusion.co.uk...

nosheep.net...

By Mr. Lears reasoning I guess this is another part of the 'scientific' conspriacy.

Japan launches Sun 'microscope'

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 22-9-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I personally found Titor more convincing than Lear. While I still wonder about Titor this hypothesis is crumbling like cake.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnt

Originally posted by jra

Can you see past the gases? If you can, then you can talk all you want that he's wrong. But seeing how you can't, you really don't know whats past the gases and clouds and therefore your point is invalid.

What point is invalid? I was asking a question as to why a "real" photo of Saturn supposedly looks so different from what we know, but looking at the real thing through a telescope, it looks just like the Saturn we know. John never said anything about a photo taken on Saturn under the clouds and gasses, he said a "picture of Saturn". I take this to mean of the planet itself. Thus, why I asked him to elaborate.

Well, a "picture of saturn" can mean anything. Just like one could say there is a "picture of home" taken from inside the home and not outside. And as I said before, we know Saturn only by what it looks like outside, never have we seen the inner-ness of the planet.

I guess it was just a reaction on my part because of the skepticism in this thread.

Thank you TheAnt. While I am fairly new to this board, IMHO the skepticism is overboard. I understand people have their opinions, but alot of the forums on this website are based on things that are not 100% known. Just because you haven't seen it means it's not true? Well I guess there is no NWO or Secret Societies, no 9/11 coverup, no secret government projects, no lost civilizations, no god, no problem with the way the Katrina victims were dealt with, and last but certainly not least no extra-terrestrials. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion, I joined this place to get an alternative theory on things. I don't believe everything everyone writes, but i try to read everything i can. Maybe some people don't want to hear what JohnLear has to say but I DO. And it's not just this thread. It seems like every thread he's on somebody has something negative to say.

Thank you JohnLear for your posts

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchEngine

Originally posted by jra

Can you see past the gases? If you can, then you can talk all you want that he's wrong. But seeing how you can't, you really don't know whats past the gases and clouds and therefore your point is invalid.

What point is invalid? I was asking a question as to why a "real" photo of Saturn supposedly looks so different from what we know, but looking at the real thing through a telescope, it looks just like the Saturn we know. John never said anything about a photo taken on Saturn under the clouds and gasses, he said a "picture of Saturn". I take this to mean of the planet itself. Thus, why I asked him to elaborate.

Well, a "picture of saturn" can mean anything. Just like one could say there is a "picture of home" taken from inside the home and not outside. And as I said before, we know Saturn only by what it looks like outside, never have we seen the inner-ness of the planet.

I guess it was just a reaction on my part because of the skepticism in this thread.

Thank you TheAnt. While I am fairly new to this board, IMHO the skepticism is overboard. I understand people have their opinions, but alot of the forums on this website are based on things that are not 100% known. Just because you haven't seen it means it's not true? Well I guess there is no NWO or Secret Societies, no 9/11 coverup, no secret government projects, no lost civilizations, no god, no problem with the way the Katrina victims were dealt with, and last but certainly not least no extra-terrestrials. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion, I joined this place to get an alternative theory on things. I don't believe everything everyone writes, but i try to read everything i can. Maybe some people don't want to hear what JohnLear has to say but I DO. And it's not just this thread. It seems like every thread he's on somebody has something negative to say.

Thank you JohnLear for your posts

That's exactly it man, skepticism at things they don't believe when there's no proof. But when it's somethhing they think is right, even if there isn't proof, then they're not skeptical at all... It's a bit of a hypocrisy if ya ask me.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
I didn't realize that I was insulting him.......

I don't know how old a certain individual is here but they obviously need to see a head doctor.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Dr. Norman Bergrun is an alumnus of Ames Research Laboratory, NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics) predecessor of Ames Research Center, NASA where he worked twelve years as a research scientist. At Ames, he pioneered the setting of design criteria for airplane thermal ice-prevention and the developing of roll stability laws for airplanes, missiles and rockets.

He joined Lockheed Missiles and Space Company (now Lockheed Martin) where he was manager of the planning and analysis of flight tests for the Navy Polaris Underwater Launch Missile System. During his thirteen years at Lockheed, he also served as a senior scientist having responsible analysis cognizance of special space-satellite applications.

Bergrun holds a BSME degree from Cornell University, an LLB from LaSalle University Extension, a DSc (Hon) from World University and a California Professional Engineer (PE) License. He also has engaged in graduate aerospace studies at Stanford University. He is a founder of the California Society of Professional Engineers Education Foundation, is author of two books Tomorrow's Technology Today and Ringmakers of Saturn and has published over 100 papers. Two recent manuscripts, Lunar Life Forms: Revelations of Apollo 14 and Mars Puts on a Good Face: The Masquerade, have been registered with the Library of Congress, Washington, D. C. He has lectured in the United States, Canada, England and Europe.

Credited with numerous awards and citations including the California Society of Professional Engineers Archimedes Engineering Achievement Award, and Special Service Citations for contributions to the AIAA National Public Policy and to the Regional Sections Activity Committees, he is listed in Marquis "Who's Who in the World", "Who's Who in America", "Who's Who in Science and Engineering", and other reference works.

Now that's a high credibility factor of Dr. Norman Bergrun. A very highly qualified scientist, engineer and author.

So he couldn't be talking through his hat in his book, Ringmakers of Saturn. There's got to be some truth in it.

And what of the pics that many members have posted on this thread? The objects look mysterious enough to invite debate and not get debunked at the outset which would be the case if they were easily recognizable moonlets, debris. and so on.

The truth is out there!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sorry for not replying sooner, ive been workin 14hr days and tryin to switch apartments back to the newly rebuilt burned out shell of a building i had once before. had to run my own cable, but got net and tv back up and runnin...woohoo

To all the posters who think i asked you to believe Mr.Lear. I did no such thing. I suggested you stop with the name calling and ridicule of a member of this board, which is against the T&C and get back to the discussion at hand. Intelligent conversation can be had without suggestion someone go see a head doctor or calling someone a loon or questioning the age of a poster. Mr.Lear is privy to and friends with some very hi level "in the know" people, and has always answered questions about his information with class and a level head. If he knows he will tell you or give his opinion, if he doesnt he will let you know also. Unlike some who either run away, abandon or try to defame other posters when questioned. I was just directing the large amount of questions to the specialty thread created for Mr.Lear so this discussion could continue about the topic at hand and not stray off in other directions.

With that said, continue with the civil discussion gang. Saturns rings has been an interesting read so far. Good thread mikesingh, thumbs up.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
it's been an interesting read until these peeps started arguing over John Lear... get over it already or start another topic to continue, sheesh...

[edit on 23 9Sep 06 by m3rlz]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz
it's been an interesting read until these peeps started arguing over John Lear... get over it already or start another topic to continue, sheesh...
[edit on 23 9Sep 06 by m3rlz]

Well, this is what's so frustrating. You will notice that John has abandoned this thread now so I will add my final 2 cents on this issue to all who wish to demand proof (when they KNOW it isn't there) and ridicule a member.

1. Anyone who reads these type of claims, theories etc you are NOT asked, told or requested to believe what you are reading, simply consider it.

2. If you wish to add that you think it is far fetched, by all means do so but explain why and do it civilly. Asking WHY something thinks something is perfectly OK

3. Anyone you suspect of believing said story, you do not have any responsibility whatsoever to save me or anyone who may believe it and neither do they WANT to be saved.

We humans need to realise that we don't know anything. We think we know things about space, our solar system and the universe but for ALL of this information, we are reliant on others. We have to trust those others to provide us with the correct information. Unfortunately, who we all rely on for this information is not to be trusted so for those that have lost any faith in what govt and media tell us, we listen to all theories (however bizarre) and reserve belief or judgement on it's truth until there is enough to constitue the personal proof we all seek for ourselves and each of us will have different proof requirements.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with Mr. Lear.........

The problem I have are when claims are made you are told to buy a book.

If it is not true that there are large spaceships floating around or that other humans on everyother planet have chosen to ignore us......

then people are being scamed. I did not think selling a product was allowed on this site by submitters.

I do not know how/if Mr. Lear is involved with the book (monetarily), but if he was, I view it as someone who could be taking advantage of others.

To be told to buy a book to read about the 'claims' he made is wrong.

If he was true and wanted people to view this 'extrodinary infromation' he would post the book on-line. After all what he says is vastly more important than money.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Now that's a high credibility factor of Dr. Norman Bergrun. A very highly qualified scientist, engineer and author.

So he couldn't be talking through his hat in his book, Ringmakers of Saturn. There's got to be some truth in it.

And what of the pics that many members have posted on this thread? The objects look mysterious enough to invite debate and not get debunked at the outset which would be the case if they were easily recognizable moonlets, debris. and so on.

The truth is out there!

Here's the thing..

There are many, many, more qualified scientists that would disagree with Dr. Bergrun. Are we to ignore THEM (And massive amounts of evidence to the contrary) because of something one other scientist claims to be true?

That's exactly it man, skepticism at things they don't believe when there's no proof. But when it's somethhing they think is right, even if there isn't proof, then they're not skeptical at all... It's a bit of a hypocrisy if ya ask me.

Yes! Exactly. That IS hypocrisy, and that is what I was pointing out if you reread my posts. People think its okay to challege religous beliefs, because the general sentiment in this community is that religon is bad and flawed, however, when someone starts to talk about proof for some of the OTHER claims, not unlike Mr. Lear's claims, then the skeptics are the ones at fault.

The never ending cycle!

MY FANTASY IS MORE REAL THAN YOUR FANTASY!!

Ha ha

To be told to buy a book to read about the 'claims' he made is wrong.

That will be ignored as it was said by Mr. Lear and not a mere mortal.

Conspiracy?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Here's the thing..

There are many, many, more qualified scientists that would disagree with Dr. Bergrun. Are we to ignore THEM (And massive amounts of evidence to the contrary) because of something one other scientist claims to be true?

Well, If you had seen my post 2 pages ago before the arguing, you would have seen that I brought up an article with a counterpoint.

HERE

Some of us do like to hear both sides but come with something tangible.
Awaiting comments...

[edit on 23-9-2006 by SearchEngine]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I remember when I made my huge post how people laughed at it too and just couldn't comprehend that Earth is just a big prison planet, and that there are countless aliens out there some even looking just like us. I'm glad John has credibility where I did not (yet). Thanks John!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What better way to protect a sphere from outside objects, ... intelligent or otherwise.

Consider the thought of an orbit, and how much more difficult it is to maintain such an orbit without a collision with lets say, an orbit "filter" made of solids that circumvent the horizontal equator and basically make it near impossible to easily achieve any orbit with a large sphere.

I am wondering if this would also cause a gravity spike at the equator of this sphere that would in fact help to extend a portion of gravity from the sphere to the platter, due to the mass of the platter itself. A platter "filter" with a bit of borrowed gravity from its host sure would help pull in random cosmic debris as well as other objects, intelligent or otherwise. And the farther the platter extends is the farther away from a sphere one would have to orbit to be clear of collisions.

A "Hill platter" instead of a "Hill sphere" except with some similar properties, but borrowing gravity instead of having only it's own.

You think if we were to mine the moon and begin to crumble it up and place the "tailings" in a consistent ring pattern like Saturn has?, that we may in fact provide a little extra protection from outside objects from colliding with earth, or from something easily and quietly orbiting the earth in closer proximity?

And again... do you think this additional planetary extension of "surface area" may also assist in acting as an antenna or "collector" of cosmic space energies that otherwise would have just gone by a planet and just continued timelessly on its merry way thru space?

Dreams are just unrealized realities, are they not?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If you were to get rid of the earth there would be massive problems. One of the most important would be that the oceans would not have tides anymore. Tides enable weather patterns to form (one out o many), keeps the water airated. Without the tides the oceans would become stagnant, killing fish, which is a major food source for the world, let alone all the other 'items' we use from the sea.

If there is no sea then the people of the world will die.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here is a beautiful photograph of Saturn taken by the Hubble telescope in ultraviolet light. It is assumed that the glowing, swirling material at Saturn's poles are 'Auroras' which are more than a thousand miles above the cloud tops. Scientists still aren't sure how exactly these may be formed. It's conjecture so far.

J.T. Trauger (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)

Or are these reflections of some 'alien activity' on the surface of Saturn?

If so, be prepared for another cover-up operation with NASA insisting that they're nothing but 'Auroras' produced by ionisation, Hydrogen molecules and blah blah..The NASA Spin Doctors to the fore!

[edit on 24-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Here is a beautiful photograph of Saturn taken by the Hubble telescope in ultraviolet light. It is assumed that the glowing, swirling material at Saturn's poles are 'Auroras' which are more than a thousand miles above the cloud tops. Scientists still aren't sure how exactly these may be formed. It's conjecture so far.

J.T. Trauger (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)

If so, be prepared for another cover-up operation with NASA insisting that they're nothing but 'Auroras' produced by ionisation, Hydrogen molecules and blah blah..The NASA Spin Doctors to the fore!
[edit on 24-9-2006 by mikesingh]

Aren't auroras caused by ionisation of solar flares into an atmosphere? If so, I don't think that if solar flares get out that far they'd have that much power in them...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If you were to get rid of the moon there would be massive problems. One of the most important would be that the oceans would not have tides anymore. Tides enable weather patterns to form (one out o many), keeps the water airated. Without the tides the oceans would become stagnant, killing fish, which is a major food source for the world, let alone all the other 'items' we use from the sea.

If there is no sea then the people of the world will die.

(bold text corrected by smirkley)

I partially agree with you.

You are correct yes, if in fact the "local" life forms were evolved on that planet and/or completely dependent on an active ecosystem to support their life. Kinda like we here on earth can not yet survive without one. (Although we are very rapidly destroying ours as we speak.)

But just for the sake of conversation, lets say we are recent visitors here only and populating this planet for whatever purpose. Surely we would bring with us sustainable elements of survival in the event there was no pre-existing supporting ecosystem here already, or bring an ability to create a sustainable environment, or if there was only an ecosystem that did not serve our survival needs to provide one that supplements.

Some interesting contemplations indeed.

jra

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Aren't auroras caused by ionisation of solar flares into an atmosphere? If so, I don't think that if solar flares get out that far they'd have that much power in them...

Solar winds travel through the whole solar system. They are stopped at the heliopause by interstellar winds. The heliopause lays out beyond Pluto. So charged particles from the Sun do indeed reach Saturn.

Science Daily
Hubble snapped ultraviolet pictures of Saturn's auroras over several weeks, while Cassini's radio and plasma wave science instrument recorded the boost in radio emissions from the same regions, and the Cassini plasma spectrometer and magnetometer instruments measured the intensity of the aurora with the pressure of the solar wind. These sets of measurements were combined to yield the most accurate glimpse yet of Saturn's auroras and the role of the solar wind in generating them.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Another article here.
www.spacedaily.com...

and a pretty picture here.
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 24-9-2006 by jra]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Alien Objects

As I've read through this thread, I've seen some things come up that add an unnecessary level of noise to the discussion. Specifically, I'm seeing questions and digressions that have been -- and should be -- addressed in other threads.

This thread, started by mikesingh, presents some images from the Hubble Telescope and asks this question:

What do you make of this? Are these little elongated moonlets or alien craft? I tend to think it's the former.

I'm sure all opinions regarding these objects are welcome, but much of what's been discussed in this thread belongs elsewhere:

1. Whether member johnlear is actually John Lear. According to Springer, one of the Three Amigos and an ATS Administrator, he is. If you don't believe that, please feel free to discuss it elsewhere.

2. Personal remarks about Mr. Lear and other ATS members. This is neither the thread, forum nor website for posting insults or personal attacks against any member. Courtesy Is Mandatory, and members who are unable to remember this have no place on ATS. Ad hominem attacks are always off-topic.

3. Generalized insults. Skepticism and disagreement are fine. ATS offers no "official" opinions on any of this, and members are encouraged to make up their own minds to believe or disbelieve whatever they want. Please respect the rights of other ATSers to do this and avoid "you're nuts" diatribes and blanket condemnations of members who choose to be open-minded about the topic of Aliens & UFOs.

Reinforcing these points specifically for this forum:

UFO Forum Decorum... Please READ BEFORE Posting

I strongly recommend reading this before posting, because not doing so may result in staff members having to take action we would prefer not to take.

If anyone disagrees with ATS policy or anything I've posted here, do not argue about it in this thread.

You are free to disagree with ATS policy, but not to disrupt topical discussion. In such cases a Complaint is always more appropriate, especially when a moderator asks you to...

Please Stay On Topic: Alien Objects Orbiting Saturn's Rings??

Discussion of other topics belongs in other threads.

Thanks.

[edit on 9/24/2006 by Majic]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join