It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Researcher joining up.

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new to this site, thought I would join up. I am a researcher. I research alternative forms of energy production. I am currently constructing a permanent magnet motor. When it is completed,(which should be within 8 weeks time)I will post complete pics and instructions on how to build. I have built many permanent magnet motors. This will be the version that I am building to sell to the general public. It will be a very small desktop proof of concept demonstration model. It will have no real practical use other then to show what can be done. The unit should sell for less than $200.00 US I hope. It will run for several days on one initial imput of energy, (but not perpetually). It is just a very very high efficiency motor that produces no pollution and requires no repair or matainence. I have thousands of hrs of experience doing research with permanent magnets. And I am now ready to begin releasing some of this technology that I have created. Think of my motor as a hybrid between a motor and a battery, as it stores and releases energy. I call it the DAVENPORT MOTOR!!.




posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hi, The Mad Scientist.

Welcome aboard!

Was your grandad named Thomas?



posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
hmm why do i have this strange feeling you rnot the inventor of this motor...i mean it possible..but i thought somthing like this should be ground breaking..and i think ive heard about this before somewhere...is it possible to use in cars? because ive heard of a mag-lev train in japan..but how does this operate?

:.Kiliker.:



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yes, I am related to Thomas Davenport, the original inventor of the electric motor. Nice to know that somebody remembers him. An exact copy of his motor can still be seen at the smithsonian institute.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30
hmm why do i have this strange feeling you rnot the inventor of this motor...i mean it possible..but i thought somthing like this should be ground breaking..and i think ive heard about this before somewhere...is it possible to use in cars? because ive heard of a mag-lev train in japan..but how does this operate?

:.Kiliker.:


That's quite a statement to make without knowing anything about me or my research or my family background sonny boy. But that is ok. I assure you that my motor is entirely of my own design. It's quite simple really. Through all of my research I have not come across another like it. Not hard at all to produce, very very simple construction. Yes, it could be used in cars. Would probably only run for a few hrs in a car before needing to be recharged i would say, but i don't know for sure as I have never built on that large.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thats very cool The Mad Scientist.

I look forward to seeing your pics and instructions.
At least you aren't claiming Over unity!

again, welcome



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
didnt mean to sound rude, i just wasnt sure, thats pretty amazing, and thank you for sharing this with us at ATS

i look forward to having a look soon at your design.
:.Kiliker.:



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Thats very cool The Mad Scientist.

I look forward to seeing your pics and instructions.
At least you aren't claiming Over unity!

again, welcome


No, it's not overunity. In my opinion, such things are not possable. However, I could build one that would run for several months, but you could never take any evergy out of it without it quickly coming to a stop. My motor is sort of like a spring box with the output being regulated by gears. You can design one to have as much power or as little power as you like, the sky is the limit. The power to weight ratio should be very similar to that of a gasoline engine. The main benefit of my motor, is that because it is all mechanical, it will require virtually no maintinence whatsoever. Imagine a car that you never have to work on and never have to change the oil ect. Wouldn't that be nice? Plus it would be totally silent and it would start or stop at the flick of a switch. I am a real researcher, not one of those crack pots that constantly work on some free energy device and never deliver anything.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hey M.S welcome.

I absolutely love playing around with magnets.Your motor sounds very similar to a unit actually in production in Japan I believe.I,m sure it,s used in a VERY efficient washing machine They constructed the angles of the magnets so they were (almost) continually repelled by the previous and attracted to the next cylinder of magnets.

Between naturally occuring electricity and permanent magnets I can,t believe they haven,t constructed something a bit more exciting than a washing machine though

Best of British with your research. look forward to seeing the pics



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Hey M.S welcome.

I absolutely love playing around with magnets.Your motor sounds very similar to a unit actually in production in Japan I believe.I,m sure it,s used in a VERY efficient washing machine They constructed the angles of the magnets so they were (almost) continually repelled by the previous and attracted to the next cylinder of magnets.

Between naturally occuring electricity and permanent magnets I can,t believe they haven,t constructed something a bit more exciting than a washing machine though

Best of British with your research. look forward to seeing the pics


The motor from japan that you are referring to required electricity in order to operate, mine does not. They are NOT similar at all. I am familiar with the Japan motor that you speak of.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Mad Scientist It will run for several days on one initial imput of energy,


Sorry I thought that the initial input of energy would be electrical.
So you,re talking about a kinetic input? Like a push start and just let it run
Cool



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by The Mad Scientist It will run for several days on one initial imput of energy,


Sorry I thought that the initial input of energy would be electrical.
So you,re talking about a kinetic input? Like a push start and just let it run
Cool


Ignore AGENT_T he's a nutter who has an unhealthy interest in penguins
,

Only kidding Agents' cool lol.


Welcome M.S.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by The Mad Scientist It will run for several days on one initial imput of energy,


Sorry I thought that the initial input of energy would be electrical.
So you,re talking about a kinetic input? Like a push start and just let it run
Cool



Sort of, but not exactly. Whatever energy is put into the machine must be in the form of mechanical. You can put that energy into it slowly or quickly, it does not matter. You can also release the energy quickly or slowly. Basically, a gasoline engine and a gas tank full of gas is the same thing as my motor. My motor stores the energy like the gas tank, but it also releases it like an engine. It's like a motor and a gas tank all in one. And it is capable of storing a HUGE amount of energy. It can also be used as a battery in wind and solar applications that will allow you to have output power 24 hrs a day 7 days a week if the system is set up properly and it will last a very long time without maintinence, unlike a battery.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Excellent


I can,t wait to see the designs.This would have uses as a giant capacitor for use with wind turbines/solar panels/water wheels etc wherupon you could store then extract the energy 24/7 when the main source of power was non functional. Night time/windless days etc. You already get the pic I,m sure.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Excellent


I can,t wait to see the designs.This would have uses as a giant capacitor for use with wind turbines/solar panels/water wheels etc wherupon you could store then extract the energy 24/7 when the main source of power was non functional. Night time/windless days etc. You already get the pic I,m sure.



Yes, of course I already get the pic, that's why I designed it. And soon you will be able to buy a miniature demonstration version for yourself. On the demonstration model, you will turn a dial or pull a lever and the motor will be charged. Then you will turn it on and adjust the throttle to high or low. On low, it will run for a very long time but not turn very fast.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, TMS!

I too am interested in alternative sources and forms of energy. There is a forum on PTS that would perhaps interest you: Energy & Science Issues, in case you haven't spotted it. I only did last week.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Welcome to ATS, TMS!

I too am interested in alternative sources and forms of energy. There is a forum on PTS that would perhaps interest you: Energy & Science Issues, in case you haven't spotted it. I only did last week.


Thanks, I'll check it out.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Excellent


I can,t wait to see the designs.This would have uses as a giant capacitor for use with wind turbines/solar panels/water wheels etc wherupon you could store then extract the energy 24/7 when the main source of power was non functional. Night time/windless days etc. You already get the pic I,m sure.


The only downside of extracting the energy 24/7 would be that you would have to use a dynamo to do that and if you use a dynamo it would have to be big enough to handle the max load that you expect to need and the downside of that is that you are generating 90% more power then what you are actually using most of the time. That is the only real benefit of chemical batteries, you only have to generate what you need because you can store it and use only what you need. But I personally would rather have something that I don't ever have to work on.



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My idea for such a thing would be to put it in a car.With a set of ''bicycle pedals'' in a seating place in the back..

You could ''charge up'' the engine by pedalling for an hour ...say... after work everyday..The car would be ready to go in the morning. no hassle...

You kill two birds with one stone..

Greener automobiles ...and less fatties eating all the pies.woot woot


Seriously though it could work



posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
if we use this magnet for our cars someone can make magnetic fields that will make us crash lol



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join