It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If US or anyone fights Iran, the Russian new weapons will become battle tested

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Some good points there Russian Soldier and I think that the US would have invaded Iran a long time ago if it was'nt for these ties. I'm sure there 'needs' to be a manufactured event on the US/Israeli front to push forward there agenda IMO. However this

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I don't like their president, particularley because of the comment "I will wipe all of Israel off the face of the earth".

is commonly misquoted an taken out of context as an attempt (imo) by the media to add fuel to the fire. It makes me a bit annoyed. Please read this to get the "quote" in it's full context.

I am very sorry about my quoting without first investigating and/or reading the whole actual statement. I basically was saying what I heard, which could be untrue or innaccurate and it was wrong on my part to do so. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks Stellar X for making strong, supported points on Russia's strength.

To the rest, I have strong faith in Russia's military strength, and I'm no fool. And you can keep saying that we are weak, that we got nothing, that we are incomparable to US military power, but that will prove nothing. Russia's army is incredibe. US has black projects? What, you think Russia doesn't? What I will say is alot of Russia's people don't live in very good conditions, and Russia needs improvement. Well, actually, ALL countries could use improvement. I will also resay the statement "Russia's girls are the hottest" cuz they are!

Iran's military isn't comparable to US's but war with Iran, plus the current wars, plus a possible war with North Korea, is gonna hurt US, as if it hasn't already(the wars with Afghanistan and Iraq)

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Want to know what everything comes down to? Knowing what you are doing. Sorry to tell you but most people in the US military wear a combat patch.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Styki]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
And you can keep saying that we are weak, that we got nothing, that we are incomparable to US military power, but that will prove nothing. Russia's army is incredibe.

So what are you proving by saying Russia has something ?

US has black projects? What, you think Russia doesn't?

No one said they didn't, but their tech industries cannot compare to teh US. As someone pointed out earlier Russia can't even produce a commercial CPU.

What I will say is alot of Russia's people don't live in very good conditions, and Russia needs improvement. Well, actually, ALL countries could use improvement.

Well I guess most Russian people are used to lving in squalor, no doubt about that.

I will also resay the statement "Russia's girls are the hottest" cuz they are!

There are many Russian prostitutes here. Not sure if htey're the hottest, but I think tyhey're some of the cheapest.

Iran's military isn't comparable to US's but war with Iran, plus the current wars, plus a possible war with North Korea, is gonna hurt US, as if it hasn't already(the wars with Afghanistan and Iraq)

Interesting statement. Russia couldn't even handle one of thse countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If anyone will start this war, it will be Israel.

In a recent quote, from a yahoo article, Israeli Infrastructure Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer said "Iran is following a direct line after North Korea. Therefore this problem is not Israel's but that of the entire world."

news.yahoo.com...

Notice, he is trying to justify attacking Iran, because they "pose a threat to the world," even though Iran has never threatened "the world." It's all propoganda made by Israel to cause US's invasion of another area that Israel feels threatened by.

Do expect to be more anti-Iranian propoganda set out by Israel in the coming weeks.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

So what are you proving by saying Russia has something ?.

So what are you proving by saying that we dont. If you wanna try to offend us try harder as long as me, the Russian Soldier and the rest of the Russians are aware of our country conditions there is no point for kinds like you trying to offend us and state old pointless talk. if you like being a complete ignorant please be my guest.

Originally posted by rogue1
Interesting statement. Russia couldn't even handle one of thse countries.

We see how the US is handling them now

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Russian Boy]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As an American, let me say that right now, what I see in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation truly concerns me. As different as the two entities are, I almost see the Russian military as the U.S. military in the future, in that the current state of the Russian military is indicative of what the U.S. military may become as well. Right now, my country is involved in a war in Iraq, a war that I believe we are bound to lose, a war that is spitting out bills we won't be able to pay, our military, particularly our Army and Marine Corps, are falling into a state of disrepair and unreadiness, and a bunch of other things you can read about here:

What the Iraq War will come down to

The U.S. military, and perhaps American society as well, is looking at an unprecedented institutional and social collapse all because of poor militarization and a disasterous war. We are looking at a future that the Russian Federation faced immedietely when the USSR died in 1991. A demoralized, dispirited, fragmented U.S. military is most likely in the works, possibly worse than we were after Vietnam and at least one some sort of similar level as Russia. You can see similarities here and there. As rogue1 said, Russia cannot even produce a single computer CPU, or any sort of high-tech equipment the way they might have done in the old Soviet days. The U.S. is falling behind in the technology department rapidly as well, as even our high-tech sector depends more on the successes of countries like China, India, and Japan. My prediction is that if the current trend continues, then 10 years from now, we may see a U.S. military resembling the Russian military is many, if not all characteristics.

My hope is that we will look at the Russian plight and appreciate our significantly better situation and learn to improve it so we will have a military in the year 2016.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
As an American, let me say that right now, what I see in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation truly concerns me. As different as the two entities are, I almost see the Russian military as the U.S. military in the future, in that the current state of the Russian military is indicative of what the U.S. military may become as well.

I do not think they are all that different as both are going trough changes neither of the parties really likes...

Right now, my country is involved in a war in Iraq, a war that I believe we are bound to lose, a war that is spitting out bills we won't be able to pay, our military, particularly our Army and Marine Corps, are falling into a state of disrepair and unreadiness, and a bunch of other things you can read about here:

It is taking a huge toll on future projects as well as the cost of this foray on equipment and lives! Few people realise that three or four divisions worth of American men and women are not going to fight another war. Just like Vietnam and Korea and the first gulf i think these wars were from inception designed to sap the strength of the American armed forces as non had to be fought and all but one had to involve many casualties before settlement were reached.

The U.S. military, and perhaps American society as well, is looking at an unprecedented institutional and social collapse all because of poor militarization and a disastrous war. We are looking at a future that the Russian Federation faced immediately when the USSR died in 1991.

It will be bad but not nearly as bad on the civilian population...

A demoralized, dispirited, fragmented U.S. military is most likely in the works, possibly worse than we were after Vietnam and at least one some sort of similar level as Russia.

If i look at the Chechen wars i see a Russian army that have absolutely no interest in fighting for anything the survival of their nation as whole formations refused to take part in suppressing a internal rebellion. Some of top military officials had to be fired to get things moving ( not sure if that was the first or second time round) so in that way i think the Russian army seems to have moved far beyond where the American armed forces are today.

You can see similarities here and there. As rogue1 said, Russia cannot even produce a single computer CPU, or any sort of high-tech equipment the way they might have done in the old Soviet days.

They are most certainly able but everything in that nation is geared towards strategic survivability and solid state electronics clearly do not figure into their doctrine. It's far cheaper to import what you do need from western governments that would sell anything for the right price no matter the strategic implications.

The U.S. is falling behind in the technology department rapidly as well, as even our high-tech sector depends more on the successes of countries like China, India, and Japan.

It's no accident and as far as i can tell it's a deliberate choice by those who run the world to move their 'operation' to the East which have societal structures that fits better into their plans for the world. The US is not 'falling behind' because it lacks the ability to dominate in those areas but because it's not part of the plan for it to do so...

My prediction is that if the current trend continues, then 10 years from now, we may see a U.S. military resembling the Russian military is many, if not all characteristics.

After Kosovo and their current performance in Iraq i think it's probably already in a worse state as it just do not have the strategic structure to go around losing 25 odd divisions worth of trained men in 15 years....

My hope is that we will look at the Russian plight and appreciate our significantly better situation and learn to improve it so we will have a military in the year 2016.

I think the US armed forces had a chance to rebel after the first gulf war fiasco but did nothing and now it's too late...

Stellar

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Viewing your thread and then Stellar X's reply I can see in the Russian Federations plight in Chechen conflict precisely the situation of the Russians in WW1 where the army was so demoralized...leading eventually to the October Revolution.
I see the same fingerprint in our wars ..vietnam and then continuing today in the Iraq war. The same despiration ..the same ineffectiveness against a enemy not as well equipped or lead.

When I see these fingerprints reoccuring over such a long time span..to the same results or conclusions I cannot help but think that the same people or decendents of the same people are running this conflict/conflicts to the same conclusions. It is the same...towards the same goals. IN my mind this cannot be accidental.

I could take this further in details but curoious to see if you have ever seen this fingerprint yourself...or thought of this.

Orangetom

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was reading and laughing at your signature statement by Aldous Huxley at the close of your post. I was thinking this was a definintion of a very powerful drug called "Television."

THanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join