It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Survive the Imminent Nuke Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here we go again, more doom and gloom predictions for something terrible in america. this time it sounds like we are going to feel the wrath of a nuke attack.
Osama Bin Laden Planning More Destructive Attacks in U.S.
Al-Qaida warns Muslims: Time to get out of U.S
Mideast Chatter: Nuclear Strike On U.S. Soil

what can you do to survive a nuclear bomb going off?
en.wikipedia.org...

Survivability
This is highly dependent on factors such as proximity to the blast and the direction of the wind carrying fallout.

if you are far enough away from the blast, your best bet is to DUCK and COVER.
youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

The advice to "duck and cover" holds well in many situations where structural destabilization or debris may be expected such as during earthquakes or tornados. At a sufficient distance from a nuclear explosion, the shock wave would produce similar results and ducking and covering would perhaps prove adequate.

if you are too close to the blast your best bet is to listen to the wise words of krazy ivan

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

"FIVE THINGS TO DO DURING AN ALL OUT NUCLEAR EXCHANGE"

STEP 1. PRAY TO YOUR GOD(S)
STEP 2. BEND OVER
STEP 3. PLACE YOUR HEAD BETWEEN YOUR LEGS
STEP 4. MOVE YOUR HEAD TO THE GENERAL REGION OF YOUR ASS
STEP 5. KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE

i hope i save a life with this thread.

peace

[edit on 20-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
duck and cover seems to be a smart move,

Also getting behind a tree or something shaded can help reduce the thermal pulse that comes after, there are buildings, hills and other things that would also block and reduce some portion of the thermal pulse.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Or you could just watch the new T.V. series Jericho, which is getting everyones mind used to the idea of a nuke attack.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by opinionsarefree]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Like I mentioned in an earlier post....Which country threatening the U.S. is in possession of an ICBM???.....the possibility of this happening is extrememly unlikely. A more likely scenario would be 'local' attacks involving once again, suicide attackers, tampering of the water supply and an attempt to cripple the economy through attcks on financial centers....and of course, presidential assassination.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PULVERlZER
Like I mentioned in an earlier post....Which country threatening the U.S. is in possession of an ICBM???.....the possibility of this happening is extrememly unlikely. A more likely scenario would be 'local' attacks involving once again, suicide attackers, tampering of the water supply and an attempt to cripple the economy through attcks on financial centers....and of course, presidential assassination.

Who needs ICBMs? Just FedEx your bomb with a timer. Seriously, would you recognize an atomic bomb if you tripped over one? I wouldn't and I loaded them on aircraft during my time in the Navy. Properly shielded and labeled as medical equipment containing nuclear isotopes it would probably get to its destination.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Who needs ICBMs? Just FedEx your bomb with a timer. Seriously, would you recognize an atomic bomb if you tripped over one? I wouldn't and I loaded them on aircraft during my time in the Navy. Properly shielded and labeled as medical equipment containing nuclear isotopes it would probably get to its destination.

It most certainly would not...and I can vouch for this. A friend of mine owns a hobby store in Canada. He receives his 'toys' if you will, from the U.S.. If any of the shipment have any radio controlled parts or servos or things of that nature, it gets stuck at customs for weeks...every item opened and checked....guaranteed. And this is stuff from the U.S.. I can't imagine what would happen if it were arriving from overseas.
Now, this is Canadian customs, I'm not sure how stringent they are at U.S. customs for items entering the country marked
CAUTION-RADIATION
, but my guess is they would check it for sure....but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hear duct tape and plastic works well..

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
melt down Iran, North Korea, Syria first............thats the only way to survive.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by opinionsarefree
Or you could just watch the new T.V. series Jericho, which is getting everyones mind used to the idea of a nuke attack.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by opinionsarefree]

Yes, I actually did watch that first episode. In my opinion that show really has ways to go on actually getting people 'used to' the idea of a nuclear attack.

In the episode we found out that at least Denver and Atlanta were 'attacked'. At the end of the show we see a woman that was driving towards Wichita run over a bunch of dead crows. Take that as you will. Next week they are supposed to be dealing with the Nuclear fallout, which could prove to be interesting if it has any basis in reality and not Hollywood (where it was filmed, not Kansas folks) storytelling (ie bending of the rules of physics/reality to fit the storyline).

Anyway, when I was in high school, I did a couple of in depth projects on nuclear weapons and their effects, so I 'm sort of a self-taught person on this. A question I have been recently having though is about the Nuclear Shelters that are prevalent reminders of the Cold War. Some buildings will have signs on them saying how many that building will hold in the event of the worst. What I have been wondering is if there have been so many people concerned with nuclear terrorist attacks, why haven't some cities been renovating these shelters. Sure they wouldn't do any good for those in the cities that get nuked, but those downwind of the blast may have enough time to get into the shelters and protect themselves, right?

I think that the first part of survival is in the prep stage before the event even occurs. Knowing your local climate and prevalent wind patterns would help tremendously in predicting the fallout patterns. Having a storage of some supplies wouldn't hurt, but anymore people just can't afford to have a three month supply of food and toilet paper just sitting around.

Well I'll end with another question, has anyone here seen the movie "The Day After"? I think that it is a really good showing of what could happen after a nuclear explosion, although since it is set in a world where the big button has been pushed and all the nukes launched it could be a little worse than could happen if a terrorist attack with a nuke were to occur. At least in that instance then there would still be the rest of the country able to contribute supplies and other help to rescue those who were in that area and start to rebuild the lost infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Most likely if you live somewhere other than a large city you will be spared the initial inferno...

But the aftermath is what everyone here who is interested needs to read up on!
Nucular fallout, Radiation, and the chaos that follows is what we need to be ready for.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PULVERlZER

You didn't mention suicide attackers hitting the the nuclear power plants. That has been discussed before and is a big possibility.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
No way....no way....no way....not in the USA No Nuke type bomb will ever go
off in the USA.

There are no gaps in out secure borders, the ship ports are bomb proof, and the air raid sirens are fully charged.........
Burp!!! More beer.....

Mer...hic-up...ky

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here is my theory, when a nuke goes off in anger, anywhere on Earth........ Leave civilization for at least 2 weeks. The moment it happens, you must get yourself well clear of any city or military installation. If it hits your city, "duck and cover" but then run if you are still alive. Chances are really good that you will live through the blast, depending on the strength of the weapon and your distance from the epicenter.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've read that protection from Nuclear fallout is all about layers. I good tip that i read is to get those cheap wooden doors that are hollow and fill them with dirt, you can then stack them ontop of each other. I read that a recommended amount of dirt would be atleast seven inches. I'll see if I can find the source to verify that.

new topics

top topics

join